So what happened to the game being fully voiced?

SoulstitchMMO

I am still getting quests I have to read, and the "cut scenes" in most every flash point since BT... is read the quest.

What happened to them all being fully voiced?

On top of that, what's with me going back to get a heroic... and instead of "Hey thanks for that job you did can you do it again" I get the exact... same... quest...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still getting quests I have to read, and the "cut scenes" in most every flash point since BT... is read the quest.

What happened to them all being fully voiced?

On top of that, what's with me going back to get a heroic... and instead of "Hey thanks for that job you did can you do it again" I get the exact... same... quest...

You want a monotone narrator reading datapad information and actions done by your character? Because that really is the only aspect without voice features in dialogue; all the actual 'talking' in quests are filled with dialogue.

Lazy.

Or uses the same line 1 million times=300 million US dollars

Actually they only pay the Voice Actor per line when they record it. They aren't paying for each line every time it is said.

Actually using some lines multiple times is a good way to spend LESS money on voice overs because the actor only has to record it the one time

Actually they only pay the Voice Actor per line when they record it. They aren't paying for each line every time it is said.

Actually using some lines multiple times is a good way to spend LESS money on voice overs because the actor only has to record it the one time

Weird, because by that math I could hire all top 30 boxoffice actors to dub this game with Spielberg as director all done in 3d on IMAX in THX surround sound... for that budget

Not to mention most people I know tend to use the same phrase over and over again themselves as well. There's only so many ways to say "I'll get right on it", and most people only tend to use one.

It's called patterns of speech and everyone has theirs.

Wow...people really will whine about anything.

You should see his twitter feed or his blog.

Loves a good moan does Soulstitch...

By the way, he is a fully signed up member for the GW2 fanclub.

Edited by Mandrax

Weird, because by that math I could hire all top 30 boxoffice actors to dub this game with Spielberg as director all done in 3d on IMAX in THX surround sound... for that budget

Then who would code the game?

Also, 300 million was proved to be a false number a LOOONG time ago.

Actually I am sure if you went with the Top Box Office actors it would cost more than just the price per line. They don't NEED the work so you would have to provide them extra incentive to sign on. It would all depend ofcourse on what you negotiate with their agent.

Edited by Vesperascit

Actually I am sure if you went with the Top Box Office actors it would cost more than just the price per line. It would all depend ofcourse on what you negotiate with their agent.

Nicholas cage most expensive of all charges 20mill for full feature movie I believe, for a voice in a game or cartoon he charges less.

Nicholas cage most expensive of all charges 20mill for full feature movie I believe, for a voice in a game or cartoon he charges less.

Really, you are his accountant? Or his agent? If so I don't think you should be telling us this.

And it doesn't matter how much he usually makes. Depending on how badly you wanted his involvement he could make more.

As I said, it would all depend on what you negotiate with his agent.

My point though was that Voice Actors are only paid per line they read for the game. If the endgame uses the same line multiple times it doesn't increase the amount of money that was paid towards VA.

Really, you are his accountant? Or his agent? If so I don't think you should be telling us this.

And it doesn't matter how much he usually makes. Depending on how badly you wanted his involvement he could make more.

As I said, it would all depend on what you negotiate with his agent.

My point though was that Voice Actors are only paid per line they read for the game. If the endgame uses the same line multiple times it doesn't increase the amount of money that was paid towards VA.

yawn, Skyrim had better boice acting and more of it and their game beats this game in every way, only thing is it is not a multiplayer, but thisis hardly an MMO so who gives a ****, Skyrim=better than this POS

Hence why internet has thousands of FUS RO DAH videos etc and arrow in my leg jokes while no one talks about theold republic outside this game or forum.

yawn, Skyrim had better boice acting and more of it and their game beats this game in every way, only thing is it is not a multiplayer, but thisis hardly an MMO so who gives a ****, Skyrim=better than this POS

Hence why internet has thousands of FUS RO DAH videos etc and arrow in my leg jokes while no one talks about theold republic outside this game or forum.

Single Player games have been fully voiced for a long time now. SWTOR's claim was the first fully voiced MMO.

The actual discussion isn't even about the quality of the voice acting, but the quantity and extent to which it exists in the game.

Single Player games have been fully voiced for a long time now. SWTOR's claim was the first fully voiced MMO.

The actual discussion isn't even about the quality of the voice acting, but the quantity and extent to which it exists in the game.

Ok but both games=same amountof developing, one kicks *** one sucks, one cost not too much, theother cost 300 Million US Dollars...

Play any dragon age game or mass effect ie a bioware game and you will realize that dialog is exactly the same in type and quality. Swtor is just WoW with a Dragon age 2 story.