Many 50s not rushing, 4 hrs/pvp

Archaegeo

Many of you say that people are rushing to 50, calling them spacerbarers saying they skip all the story. This simply is not true.

In my guild on Ven Zallow, we have people who put in a lot of hours, but that is different than "rushing to 50".

Our fastest player did it in 2.8 hrs/lvl as judged by the /played command.

Most of us are at 3.8 to 4.2 hrs/lvl.

We put in a lot of time, but spent Biowares estimated 200 hours for a class.

I loved the counselor story, and I am now embarked on a scoundrel story. I figure I have another 6 classes to go. That's me, but I can appreciate those who only want one character saying they have nothing to do.

Now maybe you can blame them for putting in 6-14 hours a day, but they aren't rushing, if anything the game is engaging them fully.

So maybe give more consideration to the thought that when they say there is no end game economy, or that when you have run the hard mode flashpoints, two Ops that are available, and are valor 60 por close to it that they feel there is not much left to them that you too might soon be at their point,

Edited by Archaegeo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of concur that we're starting to see the semi-hardcore/casual raider bracket hitting 50 soon.

I keep forgetting I got a OP to 27 before I've gotten my Jugg to 42 as of this afternoon. So we'll starting seeing more and more 50's trickling in over the next few weeks.

6-14 hrs a day is playing a lot.

Hitting 50 in 2.5 hrs/lvl or less is rushing. Hell, given that Biowares said 200 hrs per class I'd even give you anything faster than 3.8 hrs/lvl as rushing.

There is a difference between rushing and playing a lot.

What do you think the reaction would be if you could only log n for 3 hours a day max?

That is the only way you prevent folks from putting in 8 or more hours per day.

Even people who take 2 months to hit 50 I bet will be at the 4 hrs per level rate, just having logged in fewer hours per day, and maybe, just maybe, in two months they will have more to do at that point, but it isn't looking too much like it.

6-14 hrs a day is playing a lot.

Hitting 50 in 2.5 hrs/lvl or less is rushing. Hell, given that Biowares said 200 hrs per class I'd even give you anything faster than 3.8 hrs/lvl as rushing.

There is a difference between rushing and playing a lot.

What do you think the reaction would be if you could only log n for 3 hours a day max?

That is the only way you prevent folks from putting in 8 or more hours per day.

Even people who take 2 months to hit 50 I bet will be at the 4 hrs per level rate, just having logged in fewer hours per day, and maybe, just maybe, in two months they will have more to do at that point, but it isn't looking too much like it.

Your heart's in the right place, but your math isn't very accurate

It only takes about 100 hours to go from 1-50; not 200

If you're spending 6-14 hours a day playing this game, you have issues. Even Bioware would tell you to turn the damn thing off and do something healthy.

If you are spending that amount of time, enjoying it and not spacebarring to the end, good for you. You are still doing everything twice as fast as most people in the game, which according to BW most people are early to mid 30's. Why? Because normal players don't spend all their time on a video game for that long, it's not healthy for your body or your mind.

So log off, go spend some time outside with your friends for a few hours, then come back inside and chill with your internet friends.

Balance people, balance.

IMO the problem isn't really that there's no endgame, or that people rushed to endgame, or they rushed through the content...

It's that finishing content and getting the next big shiny thing is the reason for playing, rather than having fun just playing the game with your friends, or PVPing, etc. This isn't even limited to MMORPGs either, it's a pretty common thing in a lot of genres. Get all the progression (unlocks in FPS games, for a non-RPG example) and then quit. What happened to games being played because they were fun, rather than as an achievement treadmill?

/getoffmylawn

Edited by Kethirus

My math isn't wrong, perhaps my estimate of how long it takes to get to 50.

But with first characters or a new server with no 50's to assist, we have seen 2.8 hrs/lvl to 4.2 hrs/ lvl.

I ask each of my players what their /played time is when they hit 50

I love war zones.

I am excited for the upcoming changes to Ilum in 1.1, even though we are outnumbered by 50's on my server 75 to 23 at prime time, which means Ilum might be a steamroll.

I enjoy taking down world bosses and hard mode flashpoints.

And mostly, I love the fact I have 7 more classes to go cause if Bioware tells a story with them like they did with my Counselor, I am excited about that.

Many of you say that people are rushing to 50, calling them spacerbarers saying they skip all the story. This simply is not true.

In my guild on Ven Zallow, we have people who put in a lot of hours, but that is different than "rushing to 50".

I loved the counselor story, and I am now embarked on a scoundrel story. I figure I have another 6 classes to go. That's me, but I can appreciate those who only want one character saying they have nothing to do.

Now maybe you can blame them for putting in 6-14 hours a day, but they aren't rushing, if anything the game is engaging them fully.

So maybe give more consideration to the thought that when they say there is no end game economy, or that when you have run the hard mode flashpoints, two Ops that are available, and are valor 60 por close to it that they feel there is not much left to them that you too might soon be at their point,

no way you hit 50 by doing all quest content from 1-50 and have 4 days played... i paly constantly ONLY with a friend 5 or 6 hours a day and am currently on Voss. I have about 7 days played or so, and watching ALL cut scenes, ect even if your take off a day from pvp i play still 6 days

ONLY way your getting 3-4 days played is by spamming spacebar to skip all voice overs just no getting around it. Way to much Voice over content to not tack on a day or 2 or more.

Edit: btw getting a level 50 to rush you through all content, quests ect is still rushing...by any definition, to hit 50 in a traditional fashion is to do it solo or with friends of same general level.

Edited by Lokai

At 7 days played you are well on the way to 4 hrs/ lvl, do the math.

Did I or others do all the side and bonus quests on each planet? Nope because we out leveled them by adding in flashpoint repeats and lots of war zone pvp. Do we didn't space bar it, we just enjoyed the hell out of it,

They are rushing. It's an age old MMORPG story. Rush to the end first. Then complain that there isn't much to do at the end except repeat content that they already did.

My gunslinger is 50, i explored every map, did all the bonus story missions, and took my sweet time, yet i hit 50 several days ago, i was not on 24/7 either, I'm not bored of the content either and having barrels of fun.

In EQ2 i took about 6 months to get my mystic to 80 (the old endgame cap), most newer mmo's these days have much faster leveling curve than older ones, in one way i miss that.

In any case, i certainly did not rush to 50 in ToR, because for me, it's more about the journey than the destination, what i mean is: i enjoy endgame, but enjoy leveling even more.

In short: not everyone who is 50 has rushed it.

Edited by TheFugitive

My gunslinger is 50, i explored every map, did all the bonus story missions, and took my sweet time, yet i hit 50 several days ago, i was not on 24/7 either, I'm not bored of the content either and having barrels of fun.

In EQ2 i took about 6 months to get my mystic to 80 (the old endgame cap), most newer mmo's these days have much faster leveling curve than older ones, in one way i miss that.

In any case, i certainly did not rush to 50 in ToR, because for me, it's more about the journey than the destination, what i mean is: i enjoy endgame, but enjoy leveling even more.

In short: not everyone who is 50 has rushed it.

When EQ2 launched the level cap was 50, not 80. I imagine once SWTOR has 3 expansions under it's belt it will take much longer to hit max level.

OT: Personally I don't feel I "rushed" to 50 (just hit it this Sunday at 8 days played). However, I definitely managed to get more playtime than some when the game first came out since I had knee surgery and wasn't allowed to move.

IMO this game has a decent amount of time to level, I've seen faster and slower. I will say that I enjoyed leveling in this game far more than any other.

they said they estimated a majority of players to take 200 hours per class and they admitted that there would be some that do it in less.

3.8hrs X 50 levels = 190 hours total

4.2hrs X 50 levels = 210 hours total

showing that most are getting it at around 200 hours

that fastest one you saw is 2.8 hrs x 50 = 140 hours, which doesnt seem too unreasonable if he played 6 hours each day he would have hit 50 in 23.3 days which what do you know is just about how long the game has been out for. some play longer per day and do pvp, space, and other things that help speed up the leveling

No job. and trust me, it's not quite as much fun as it sounds.

I don't mean this as an attack, but if you're unemployed the last thing you should be doing is playing 10-14 hours/day. I was out of work a couple years back and in my lowest point I sank deep into WOW. I lost at least 2-3 months where I should have been networking, sending out resumes, or working on a new skill.