armstech... do you still have it?

alexishomer

have you been able to find any useful craftable?

my server's GTN is flooded with the purple version of the barrel but nothing else, and the selling price of those are even below costs (people are dropping investigation... too).

trying to think of a reason why i should keep it.

I have armstech level 400. But it is completely useless and I never use it.

It was ok while leveling, allowed me to craft nice barrels and save commendations.

Once level 50 I was like: Alright time to craft some purple level 50 barrel! Oh they are only level 49 max, alright, still the best I can get outside of raid! Uhoh what is this level 50 purple barrel for 8 daily commendations (you can get 8 in like 30 min), better than anything I can craft.

Damn it!

So yeah, armstech is currently useless, besides for leveling, and even then it will only save you a few commendations here and there.

I m keeping it for now, but might reroll to biochem once I start raiding seriously, who knows they might make it useful before that time!

I've been crafting epic sniper rifles, hoping people will buy them. I have no hopes for the level 49 ones, but I am trying to RE for the mid range ones like 21, 31, 41, etc because around that point you need upgrades. I will soon venture into the other weapons like pistols and blaster rifles, but it's definitely a huge mat sink and I've yet to sell one sniper for a huge profit.

Are people just not trying to actually get the purple weapons or am I underestimating how far you can go with mods? At level 30 I don't see any way to stack crit hit points like you can REing the right pistol. I've got blue pistols at level 30 with +40 crit on them. Can't wait to see what REing brings.

Can you beat that with modded oranges? I've only seen crit on the square mods so far.

Supply and Demand. When everyone drops it, you'll have a rare skill.

^ This.

We all know that the crafting crew skills (except Biochem) need some serious love to make them attractive choices for end-game usage. At this point, between what can be simply purchased with commendations, and the woes of REing blue-quality items with little hope to learn the purple-quality schematic, folks' concerns are certainly understandable.

That said, I'm sure that BW hasn't turned it's attention completely away from this forum, and at this point would be looking to see how they could improve the crafting system as a whole. They'll likely be adding in more schematics to make these crafting crew skills viable end-game ones to have, so patience might be a virtue you need.

Same as the gyuy above, except I will no longer spend any mats on it and just stack it in my bank. What a pile of crap this crew skill is, I've seen no use what so ever for it, no weapons I have been able to make (even REd ones to purple) have been better than what I can get from quests and they are certainly worse than what I can get from instances. Wast eof time and credits, a huge waste.

i just got my armstech to max lvl and im starting to RE the green guns to get to the purples. i will then make purples (selling the extra on the AH) until i get one with an augment for my use. you have 5 toons that will go out and get mats for you and they will craft for you. Just log onto your toon, put your crew to work and then log out. it is easy and eventually you will get the items that are worth something.

Are people just not trying to actually get the purple weapons or am I underestimating how far you can go with mods? At level 30 I don't see any way to stack crit hit points like you can REing the right pistol. I've got blue pistols at level 30 with +40 crit on them. Can't wait to see what REing brings.

Can you beat that with modded oranges? I've only seen crit on the square mods so far.

Mods can get secondary stats like crit rating at high levels. Still, augment slots if nothing else may break the balance in favor of crafting.

I've done a lot of testing I have epic patterns none higher than level 41, if I post any of these 33 pistol with +aim, 41 pistol with +aim and a 45 Pistol with +aim they all sell for 15k,18k,20k a piece and people have often sent me tells saying it was price gouging. However if they only knew that I had to RE about 20 blues that cost a ton of mats, run investigation non stop, and even scavenging missions to get the compounds, they might understand why they cost so much. I even think that those prices are low, i mean 15k is pretty easy to get post level 30. What i don't understand is why when i RE an schematic with +aim and crit i will get one back that has any number of random stats such as presence and defense rating.. Well just my thoughts. thanks