No Biometric Crystal Alloy from PvP?

Wolfesscythe

Don't need to do hardmodes to get them. We've been doing Operations (8 man), and you get 2 of them per boss even on normal mode. And raids are a joke, mad easy.

But anyways, I'd totally would to be able to trade in my commendation for those since I can't use them to buy Battlemaster bags anyways.

Edited by ---AlterEgo---

As a PvPer with no interest in PvE, I don't understand why crafting requires you to do hardmodes to get Biometric Crystal Alloy to use in PvP.

Should be able to buy these for 800 Warzone Commendations IMO.

Developer Intent: "Raid or die."

I think it'd be nice if you PvP could benefit from your crew skills at endgame. I don't imagine they will ever allow that. We'll see.

Don't need to do hardmodes to get them. We've been doing Operations (8 man), and you get 2 of them per boss even on normal mode. And raids are a joke, mad easy.

But anyways, I'd totally would to be able to trade in my commendation for those since I can't use them to buy Battlemaster bags anyways.

You just piqued my interest here buddy.

From what I have been told these dropped only in Hard Mode and 1 per run, from Flashpoints.

So I am very curious about what you say about getting 2 of them per boss even on Normal Mode Operations.

Would you be willing to tell a fellow player a little more about this?

I just reached 50 myself, and would be interested in doing some of these OPs to get these crystals.

Some of the peeps in my guild have asked if I could make lightsabers for them, which kinda requires these crystals.

I know the peeps in my guild would be very happy to be able to get their hands on these without having to do Hard mode FPs just to get them.

I'm wondering why you would want them. All they make is PvE gear (if the Rakata reusable stims/medpacks are usable in pvp, don't expect that to last), you can get all the gear you need from the PvP vendors. Edited by Tricsun

From what I have been told these dropped only in Hard Mode and 1 per run, from Flashpoints.

So I am very curious about what you say about getting 2 of them per boss even on Normal Mode Operations.

Would you be willing to tell a fellow player a little more about this?

I just reached 50 myself, and would be interested in doing some of these OPs to get these crystals.

Some of the peeps in my guild have asked if I could make lightsabers for them, which kinda requires these crystals.

I know the peeps in my guild would be very happy to be able to get their hands on these without having to do Hard mode FPs just to get them.

What more would you possibly want to know? They drop on normal, 2 per boss..

Just when I thought I was going to finally get out of the PvE scene with SWTOR, they go ahead and do something like this. Ugh. :(

Please make this available through PvP. I really don't want to run flash points or ops for this stuff.

I'm wondering why you would want them. All they make is PvE gear (if the Rakata reusable stims/medpacks are usable in pvp, don't expect that to last), you can get all the gear you need from the PvP vendors.

Yes, PvE gear that you can sell or give to alts, or make for guildies.

The point is that us PvPers get the short end of the stick on this, basically limiting our options dramatically. I, too, typically never do PvE content such as raids and flashpoints as they bore me to death. I hate that we who are PvP-oriented are once again overlooked in yet another game. Like the OP said, it's very frustrating and I hope it changes.

Whoever told u that has no idea what they're talking about unfortunately. You get 2 Alloys per boss in a raid. We clear EV in about 1 hr, and that Hutt Hospitality one in 15 minutes. The Hutt raid only has 1 boss, so it's only 2 Alloys, although 1.1 will bring 3 new bosses to that raid so we can get 8 alloys instead of just 2.

Raids are extremely easy in Normal mode, and atm we're just farming them so everyone and their alts have their rakata stuff from Biochem. We basically only pvp, but we're forced to do this pve non-sense since you can't get the alloys from pvp.

Edited by ---AlterEgo---

I don't understand why people think game developers need to cater to every playstyle. The game is the game, which includes pve and pvp. Sure you are allowed to play it in your own way but don't expect the world if you do. So you want to level up in pvp only well you need to know that you won't get biometric crystals from it. Well PVE'ers can't go to ilum once a day and have a chance at getting an extremely easy piece of t2 loot. instead they are forced to run a hardmode which could take a much higher amount of time. How about instead of playing only 1 side of the game you play the whole thing.

I thought i was the minority.. hell i haven't even finished my class quest...

So i just need to run a few regular flashpoints? I don't even know where to get a flash point, i see the litttle robots, but how does it work? honestly, i all but leveled completely from pvp 1-49 + class quest which i stopped doing at 47

No, not regular flashpoints.

They come from either HM Flashpoints or from normal Operatons (i.e. raids). The last boss in a HM flashpoint drops them and every boss in an Operation drops two of them.

You can run all the current Operations in about an hour and 20 minutes. HM flashpoints will take longer.

That said, I wouldn't oppose them being available for something like 500-1000 Merc + warzone comms.

Edited by The_Assuran

You really should be able to buy these from PvP currency.

They're "easy" to get if you farm OPs all week, but I'm not interested in that -- I raided 5 years on WoW.

The hardest problem I'm having is find people to actually do heroic FPs who aren't reserved already because there's a short supply of lvl 50s. That and most people I find don't know how to not stand in purple lightning. Also, some of the packs are stupidly spread apart and makes my life as a Tank harder when you can't LOS everything. The difficulty is about the same as BC hard mode instances.

So not only does it stress me for an hour, I'm not enjoying myself when I have to bite my tongue and not call out people doing stupid things and at the end I have to spend 60k on repairs.

750 warzone + 400 merc = About 2-4 hours of fun (with a great group)

Edited by ComeAndSee

I don't understand why people think game developers need to cater to every playstyle. The game is the game, which includes pve and pvp. Sure you are allowed to play it in your own way but don't expect the world if you do. So you want to level up in pvp only well you need to know that you won't get biometric crystals from it. Well PVE'ers can't go to ilum once a day and have a chance at getting an extremely easy piece of t2 loot. instead they are forced to run a hardmode which could take a much higher amount of time. How about instead of playing only 1 side of the game you play the whole thing.

i agree with you. it's not two different games. you want to excel? play the game.

Developer Intent: "Raid or die."

I think it'd be nice if you PvP could benefit from your crew skills at endgame. I don't imagine they will ever allow that. We'll see.

I think it would be awesome if you could benefit from crafting at endgame. Crew Skills, while a nice system, just isn't great.

it's not two different games. you want to excel? play the game.

+1

I see why it's an issue for all the pvper's since Biochem is rather OP for pvp. But buying with commendations is mindless and easy. Heck it can be done while afk. Now if there were commendations specifically for winning and you needed alot of those then it would be a bit more fair. Overall I stick to the "if you want the most out of the game play the Full game" mentality.