How do you think OPeratives/Scoundrels will be nerfed? Suggestions?

aspectsofwar

They won't get nerfed if Bioware is some sort of competent. But consumables will

This, so hard.

Consumables make everyone do ridiculous amounts of damage, and an already bursty class with consumables is just plain silly. The damage itself is fine -- the damage with 82%-ish more damage (quick math with a full load of consumables) sure as hell isn't.

Frankly, I don't want to see outright NERFS. As in, I do not want to see "-Hidden Strike damage reduced 20%", in the patch notes.

What I would like to see is bringing some characters more in line with their supposed roles, re-working the way some resources work.

For instance, all the crying about Sorcerers being OP? It's not their spells, it's not their abilities or their utility. It's their RESOURCE, namely force. They get a huge pool of it, and it regenerates linearly no matter if you have 99% or 1%. Meanwhile, every other class has a resource that does NOT regenerate linearly (heat, energy) or one that has to be built up before you can use your abilities (action points on warrior classes).

If Sorcerers got a resource pool that worked similar to Assassin energy pool, they would suddenly be a lot less scary, simply because they couldn't use what they want, when they want. That's the biggest reason the class can do what it can do. No other class can spam their heaviest-hitting spell with no regard for the resources it costs, except the Sorc.

Baseline, an operative's regen is roughly 3x that of a sorcerer. Sorcerers get a larger starting pool in exchange for having a slower natural regeneration.

Now, things get wonky when you add in set bonuses/talents and other things, but generally "%of maxium" regenerated per second is in favor of the operative at 2+ energy per second.

This, so hard.

Consumables make everyone do ridiculous amounts of damage, and an already bursty class with consumables is just plain silly. The damage itself is fine -- the damage with 82%-ish more damage (quick math with a full load of consumables) sure as hell isn't.

Yeah when adrenals give you 15 seconds of insane stats, it definitely has better synergy with a burst class than a sustained DPS class.

The original operative video that had everyone screaming OP was a video where an operative was demonstrating how overpowered Biochem was. Everyone didn't read his notes and just saw huge numbers and thats how the nerf operative craze began.

As far as I know balancing decisions will be based on metrics and not forum posts.

Not saying it wont happen but it wont happen based on forum posts. If it is than I think every class is going to be nerfed based on the forum crying I see.

Hopefully the metrics will take into account the stims etc.

Edited by Hellapain

Take the knockdown off hidden strike, remove the armor penetration on acid blade and replace it with a 6 sec duration 25% healing debuff, replace the talent that gave the knockdown with a talent that lowers the cooldown of backstab by 1/2 seconds. Lower hidden strike damage by 15%.

Then give the operative a useful huttbal ability. Could be a knockback, a pull, a charge, or (my favorite) a friendly-castable CC immunity spell. Say 4 secs of CC immunity on a 2 min timer.

Class is now balanced and has a role to play in team WZs too. MS debuff + HoF.

Edited by yukirshiro

Take the knockdown off hidden strike, remove the armor penetration on acid blade and replace it with a 6 sec duration 25% healing debuff, replace the talent that gave the knockdown with a talent that lowers the cooldown of backstab by 1/2 seconds. Lower hidden strike damage by 15%.

Then give the operative a useful huttbal ability. Could be a knockback, a pull, a charge, or (my favorite) a friendly-castable CC immunity spell. Say 4 secs of CC immunity on a 2 min timer.

Class is now balanced and has a role to play in team WZs too. MS debuff + HoF.

You are clueless

As far as I know balancing decisions will be based on metrics and not forum posts.

Not saying it wont happen but it wont happen based on forum posts. If it is than I think every class is going to be nerfed based on the forum crying I see.

Hopefully the metrics will take into account the stims etc.

Hopefully

I had to giggle :D

Sadly he's right, I have a Republic Guild on the Rakata Mind Prison server that I started to play with as a Jedi Knight UNTIL I saw the animation for Blade Storm.

Blade Storm?

More like Glitter Storm.

Compared to Force Scream which is #$%#$% Awesome, it's terrible.

I rolled Empire purely for aesthetics, yes, they matter.

**** the OPeratives, nerf the **** out of sorcerers...... i just cant *********** believe how a sorcerer can outlast 2 of my bursts, then stun me, run away for 5 seconds and go from 10% hp to 75% before i can get to him and then he casts his *********** absorption sheild AGAIN wich can withstand a ridicoulous amount of dmg....

and somehow they cant be stunned while healing and they can cast dots on me while in stealth at a long range (not up close so you can see me).

And make the republic more "attractive" we look like a bunch of sissies compared to the Empire, we're 2-1 on every *********** server and we're under constant siege on Ilum, there's always 5-10 imps camping outside the imperial base at all time VS 5 reps (AT MOST!).

i'm seriously considering unsubbing until you fix this, it's impossible for me to do dailies, i've been in 15 WZ so far and i haven't won a single time for my "0/3" warzones won quest...

AND YES QUITE FRANKLY, I'M MAD! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Because unsubbing will fix this issue right? This is how you make the republic look like sissies, because you threaten to quit like sissies, you whine and cry like sissies. Really look at what you wrote, you wrote it... " i'm seriously considering unsubbing until you fix this, it's impossible for me to do dailies, i've been in 15 WZ so far and i haven't won a single time for my "0/3" warzones won quest... ". And you wonder why the the republic are a bunch of sissies?! You just told us. So go ahead and unsub my little weenie because will make the republic look 400 times more attractive...getting rid of the sissies.

**** the OPeratives, nerf the **** out of sorcerers...... i just cant *********** believe how a sorcerer can outlast 2 of my bursts, then stun me, run away for 5 seconds and go from 10% hp to 75% before i can get to him and then he casts his *********** absorption sheild AGAIN wich can withstand a ridicoulous amount of dmg....

and somehow they cant be stunned while healing and they can cast dots on me while in stealth at a long range (not up close so you can see me).

And make the republic more "attractive" we look like a bunch of sissies compared to the Empire, we're 2-1 on every *********** server and we're under constant siege on Ilum, there's always 5-10 imps camping outside the imperial base at all time VS 5 reps (AT MOST!).

i'm seriously considering unsubbing until you fix this, it's impossible for me to do dailies, i've been in 15 WZ so far and i haven't won a single time for my "0/3" warzones won quest...

Agreed

AND YES QUITE FRANKLY, I'M MAD! :mad::mad::mad::mad:[/quote

Any reason your not grouping to pvp ?

Its obviously Flechette round. Looking around at other Dps trees the tier 7 talents mostly look like sustained damage abilities or backloaded burst abilities. Adding a large passive damage buff on top of the already highest alpha strike burst chain in the game doesn't align with the design of other dps specs.

Change it to something akin to plasma brand, moderate damage ability plus moderate duration dot + requires setup or like Demo round moderate damage plus percentage damage boost from setup conditions.

Before any skill for any class is being nerfed, i would like to see general update of the game where is adressed:

1) ability delay - yes, that one definitelly allow you to be more efective even it affect scoundrels / operatives as well

2) armor mitigation / shield chance for tanks adressed - its true that lot of skills are simply ignoring or bypassing defensive stats of players,

3) Biochem / relic / other buffs not stackable anymore. This is a very annoying fact in game. you can basically rotate your consumables and have always some of buff on.. while the buffs itself are really.. 500power +?? and so on... This is not balanced

4)CC imunity somehow viable. CC right now sometimes fill your bar, sometimes you got controled 3 times before is white. On top of that when your bar is finnaly white, you have like 5-10 second of full imunity and than it fade of again. Thats not right, you should be imune once our bar is filled for at least 20 seconds after stun. This is a game where im supposed to control my character ! i think PVPers dont like the fact they are not able to fight back and are just wathig their characters stunned and taking damage while there is no chance to do something with it.. So i think a CC imunity system like WARHAMER could do nicely also here.. and back to the topic, without scoundrels / operatives being able to knockdown every target they will see, it will be harder for them

The only class from whom I haven't seen an OP video somewhere on youtube hitting for thousands of damage in a short time frame, or lasting forever against multiple enemies, is... none of them. That's right. None of them.

The nerfs need to hit expertise and they need to hit consumables.

if anything, people are overlooking shadows/assassins.

Assassin's are pretty easy to solve. Wait for 2 helicopter blade moves (Voltaic/Clairvoyant), as soon as the 2nd attack is done... pop your defensive cool-down to coincide w/ the opponents GCD. They will, 99.9% of the time, hit Shock/Discharge w/ Recklessness up after 2x Voltaic. Congratulations, you just completely mitigated their burst.

Not really anything you can do about the Assassin, you pretty much have to eat the initial damage since its from stealth and completely random.

Any reason your not grouping to pvp ?

Because there's mostly guild pugs, and i'm just in a guild with RL friends :p

and there's few lvl 50s in the WZ so i won't be able to get a team together..

Because unsubbing will fix this issue right? This is how you make the republic look like sissies, because you threaten to quit like sissies, you whine and cry like sissies. Really look at what you wrote, you wrote it... " i'm seriously considering unsubbing until you fix this, it's impossible for me to do dailies, i've been in 15 WZ so far and i haven't won a single time for my "0/3" warzones won quest... ". And you wonder why the the republic are a bunch of sissies?! You just told us. So go ahead and unsub my little weenie because will make the republic look 400 times more attractive...getting rid of the sissies.

I'm not saying that unsubbing would help, just that the PvP is ridicolous and i have nothing to do until its fixed, so why pay to wait?

Also, do you want me to go around scaring the **** out of the imps in this ridicolous dress??

Their inspiration propaply comes from this

and there isn't much i can do, i love PvP but i can barely solo 1 guy without stims or bailing etc, i cant solo 10 guys just to prove something..:rolleyes:

EDIT: Also, just went to to daily/weekly on Ilum, first sight oh happy day..

Edited by Nastar