Expertise Exploiting

Hurkk

We play against Empire of INsomnia guild on Warriors of the Shadow server and they hack through our champ geared level 50's like butter. You attack them and you hardly dent them and we think they have been abusing Expertise. Lets face it, these devs pushed this game with problems to meet a deadline and its time they added a patch which gives an expertise cap.

This is from someone who has pvp'd for 20 years now(yea im old) in MMOs and can say im 100% certain they are abusing something(s) major. Yes, I know about Relics and abilities which give you boosts, but this is sustained and nonstop to the degree where none of them ever die even when Focus Fired through an entire warzone and I have fought them now 4 times with the scoreboard showing the same results.

Please look into this as players are going to get fed up.

If they are hacking, or exploiting, it will probably be investigated. More likely though, they are running through the stims like a junky on Christmas Eve.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, was not tanks man, I am not some brand new guy who doesnt understand that tanks guarding people is a tough combo, i use it religiously and pocket-heal as much as I can with a tank. This was a matter of straight, sustained unbelievable dps and as I said several times previously, when a guy is out solo and nobody can dent him there is a bug/exploit being abused. Even a solo tank you should be able to have 4 level 50s attacking do SOME damage.

My apologies, wasn't intending to insult your intelligence.

Between your posts though it's hard to get a clear picture. Your original post you mention a guild as if all of them seem to be hard to kill, but now in this response you're speaking of someone like it's an individual 1v1 match out in the open world.

Sorry, it's just hard to get a clear picture to see what may be going on. I can't tell if you're having this issue 1v1, 4v1, premade vs. pug warzone, etc. Either way, I hope you get it figured out!

We play against Empire of INsomnia guild on Warriors of the Shadow server and they hack through our champ geared level 50's like butter. You attack them and you hardly dent them and we think they have been abusing Expertise. Lets face it, these devs pushed this game with problems to meet a deadline and its time they added a patch which gives an expertise cap.

This is from someone who has pvp'd for 20 years now(yea im old) in MMOs and can say im 100% certain they are abusing something(s) major. Yes, I know about Relics and abilities which give you boosts, but this is sustained and nonstop to the degree where none of them ever die even when Focus Fired through an entire warzone and I have fought them now 4 times with the scoreboard showing the same results.

Please look into this as players are going to get fed up.

Interesting theory. http://youtu.be/0Zp_XoYrPuE

To be honest, I don't even use a tank spec on my guardian.

However, when I play with my healer friend, and someone attacks him, he has his shield, I guardian leap him and I taunt whoever is attacking him. They literally do hardly any damage to him and he has very little expertise atm. Now imagine Guard and full expertise gear also on that person. Have fun trying to kill him.

You say exploiting, I say making most of legit game mechanics.

Untill you are able to show us a video of it being anything different than that, I'll stick with it.

No offense meant, just my take on it.

Edited by stevesetoe

That's what happens when you face a good premade. You feel totally impotent and they destroy you like nothing. It's the way of the world.

I've been called all kind of things including cheater, exploiter etc and i never exploited a single game mechanic in my life. It just appears that way to puggers because of my healers.

No, was not tanks man, I am not some brand new guy who doesnt understand that tanks guarding people is a tough combo, i use it religiously and pocket-heal as much as I can with a tank. This was a matter of straight, sustained unbelievable dps and as I said several times previously, when a guy is out solo and nobody can dent him there is a bug/exploit being abused. Even a solo tank you should be able to have 4 level 50s attacking do SOME damage.

still havent seen you clearly answer the question that poster has asked.

Did he actually kill all 4 of you? or did he manage to somehow escape via stealth or some crap.

Edited by xJeTsTaRx

That's what happens when you face a good premade. You feel totally impotent and they destroy you like nothing. It's the way of the world.

I've been called all kind of things including cheater, exploiter etc and i never exploited a single game mechanic in my life. It just appears that way to puggers because of my healers.

Funny, everyone responds with stuff like this that isnt straight trolling and if they read the OP they would see I know exactly what the tank/shield mechanic is and the difference between a premade who FF's, CCs and all that good stuff is.

I guess I should expect this posting, was more just tossing it out there to see if others noticed this and a few of you did. Hopefully Devs will fix the exploiting soon.

Edited by Hurkk

Funny, everyone responds with stuff like this that isnt straight trolling and if they read the OP they would see I know exactly what the tank/shield mechanic is and the difference between a premade who FF's, CCs and all that good stuff is.

I guess I should expect this posting, was more just tossing it out there to see if others noticed this and a few of you did. Hopefully Devs will fix the exploiting soon.

Honestly no one really can put any worth into anything that you are posting here as you have had problems even identifying the class of this mysterious opponent that beat you and 3 of your team mates solo and only took 10% damage. Seeing as nobody else has been complaining of such phenomena in game, the onus is on you to show that you are merely not a hyperbole filled sore loser that got rolled by a really good pre-made.

I'm curious as to which mmo you were pvping on around 1992? We at Empire of Insomnia do not condone exploiting in the game and anyone found exploiting will be /gkicked. Rolling random pugs and making them cry on the forums, though, is fair game.

Also, we do not have anyone that's still playing Sith Inquisitor without picking an advanced class nor a Shadow Warrior on our roster. However, that description vaguely fits Peepz's profile, so we have gkicked him out.

Edited by Dub_J

^ This

It's consumables, dude. People are taking advantage of what's in the game, in what I think are pretty unintended ways. This game was not ready to ship, and BioWare's experience, or lack there of, with PvP is quite apparent.

I am one of those jerks that stacks everything, as is everyone in my guild. Let's just hope 1.1 fixes all of this and the last month will be talked about for lulz a year from now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.