Sloppy Seconds

FadeXF

This is what it feels like to be a 3rd rate citizen.

So I get to join a "server in progress" and like it. If I have a legitimate complaint about it, the fanbois will savagely defend... I dunno, in hopes that a Bioware executive will come hand them the golden key... and mods will continue to lock and delete in hopes of, I dunno, sweeping this disaster of a launch under the rug.

I am cancelling my preorder today... no matter how tough that ends up being. I don't give a faff about what my preorder date was. No matter what I say, it will ultimately be my fault to the Bioware hangers-on.... it doesn't matter that every single other MMO in the last... ever... have NEVER EVER allowed players access to servers until EVERYONE got equal access. NO ONE was ever left feeling like a sloppy second... or 2nd fiddle.

I'm pissed because there WILL be level 50s EVEN BEFORE I GET TO SEE THE FIRST CINEMATICS. Players have been locking all of the names down and will continue to do so as they see servers come up... and THEY have the advantage of being able to sit on that server list even before I get an email. Server HISTORY is going on as we speak... and I don't get to participate. PVP gankers will be max level before I see the intro to the damned game. Server economies are basically set with TONS of players already not needed Tier1 materials that I would have to offer... effectively cutting me out of the loop AND COSTING ME CREDIT. Making server and world wide "firsts" null and void.

Since I am going to be joining a game in progress anyway, why would I even bother BUYING this game in the first month... two... or even until the first 40 bucks of + here's a cool in game mount sale?

It's not worth it to me now. Congrats you forum braggarts prodding us on and boasting about locking down the names... bragging about your levels... etc. Congrats!

Congrats Bioware... on such a shotty and immoral release to your game.

I'll take a pass... and I suggest anyone else who is pissed do the same. It's seriously not worth the stress... and you are worth so much more than this.... you aren't garbage and second rate. You ARE an EQUAL SNOWFLAKE. They paid as much as you did... and just because of haphazard circumstances get 5-7 days playing and securing the servers before you get to see the start up screens. Nuh-uh. Not right. Not fair.

So before I even took 1 step into this new world: you lost a client... and I hope everyone else does the same. If you ALL do this, guys, and ASK that they re-start ALL servers.... pretty sure they would have no choice. Hit these ******es in right in their pocketbooks for making you their sloppy seconds. It starts here. Right here.... how much you are willing to take from this company.

Dibs out.

First world problems....

So what? Immoral things happen here too it looks like... just as much as they happen in Africa and other third world countries. Oh - that wasn't your point... your point was to attempt to derail and illigitimize what I was saying by comparing my living conditions and financial situation to that of a third world country. Gotcha. Well guess what? I don't live in a 3rd world country... and while I don't have the stinging feeling of hunger pains in my stomach... but thanks to Bioware I can certainly feel like a third grade and 2nd class citizen.

Wait, Dont leave!

I am sure you can pay a kid in China to lvl your toon for you while you sleep for $10 a day. He will have you caught up in no time! and all that silly content, BAH who needs it.

Secondly, thank you for cancleing, moves me one e-mail closer!

Edited by Hawkthorn

I cannot fathom how the OP cares that much about whether or not other people get to level 50 before he does.

First world problems....

Truly this.

And OP... you clearly knew this was going to happen when you pre-ordered in November. Why is this a big deal now?

Edited by Leadlian

i got wow on day 1 of its launch. I didnt actually play it until two months into its launch. I played on a pvp server.

Within a couple of weeks i was max level had max crafting and you could tell no difference between myself and one of my guildies who had been max since a week into launch.

Such as it will be here anyone else who thinks otherwise is just an ignorant arse.

Ill prolly get in in the first wave today (i pre ordered july 29th) if not the first then the second. guess whats gonna happen. Ill start off like everyone else did yesterday.

Its just a few days behind who the hell cares honestly your going to be playing this game for years to come within a couple of weeks nobody will be able to tell the difference between who got in what day.

So you're comparing not getting in to early access to spending every day starving, living in filthy streets, drinking dirty water, the threat of **** and murder wherever you go and the fact that you probably won't live long enough to become an adult.

You sir, need to get the hell off the internet and get a reality check.

You make me sick.

This is what it feels like to be a 3rd rate citizen.

So I get to join a "server in progress" and like it. If I have a legitimate complaint about it, the fanbois will savagely defend... I dunno, in hopes that a Bioware executive will come hand them the golden key... and mods will continue to lock and delete in hopes of, I dunno, sweeping this disaster of a launch under the rug.

I am cancelling my preorder today... no matter how tough that ends up being. I don't give a faff about what my preorder date was. No matter what I say, it will ultimately be my fault to the Bioware hangers-on.... it doesn't matter that every single other MMO in the last... ever... have NEVER EVER allowed players access to servers until EVERYONE got equal access. NO ONE was ever left feeling like a sloppy second... or 2nd fiddle.

I'm pissed because there WILL be level 50s EVEN BEFORE I GET TO SEE THE FIRST CINEMATICS. Players have been locking all of the names down and will continue to do so as they see servers come up... and THEY have the advantage of being able to sit on that server list even before I get an email. Server HISTORY is going on as we speak... and I don't get to participate. PVP gankers will be max level before I see the intro to the damned game. Server economies are basically set with TONS of players already not needed Tier1 materials that I would have to offer... effectively cutting me out of the loop AND COSTING ME CREDIT. Making server and world wide "firsts" null and void.

Since I am going to be joining a game in progress anyway, why would I even bother BUYING this game in the first month... two... or even until the first 40 bucks of + here's a cool in game mount sale?

It's not worth it to me now. Congrats you forum braggarts prodding us on and boasting about locking down the names... bragging about your levels... etc. Congrats!

Congrats Bioware... on such a shotty and immoral release to your game.

I'll take a pass... and I suggest anyone else who is pissed do the same. It's seriously not worth the stress... and you are worth so much more than this.... you aren't garbage and second rate. You ARE an EQUAL SNOWFLAKE. They paid as much as you did... and just because of haphazard circumstances get 5-7 days playing and securing the servers before you get to see the start up screens. Nuh-uh. Not right. Not fair.

So before I even took 1 step into this new world: you lost a client... and I hope everyone else does the same. If you ALL do this, guys, and ASK that they re-start ALL servers.... pretty sure they would have no choice. Hit these ******es in right in their pocketbooks for making you their sloppy seconds. It starts here. Right here.... how much you are willing to take from this company.

Dibs out.

Well, I guess we can look forawrd to NOT seeing you here anymore.

I'm betting we will.

You really just called a videogame-prerelease "immoral"?

Wow... now I've seen everything.

Yes I did.

I guarantee you 100% that Bioware + parent company family are playing this game... skipping to the front of the line... and rolling in their phat lewt as we speak...

The industry standard is NOT to allow anyone on to their servers until X date X time.

Immoral:

violating moral principles; not conforming to the patterns of conduct usually accepted or established as consistent with principles of personal and social ethics.

By going counter to the gaming industry and social norms set out before this company... they have absolutely crossed the line into immorality. There is something stinking and that is Bioware and the way it is currently treating its client base.

Already...

Dear god! you have to join a sever in progress! Blimey!

Just like, I dunno, 95% of the total player base will have to?

Contrary to some believe, it is not necessary to have nobody ahead of you in progression in order to benefit from the game's system (including PvP and the economy). Indeed, MMOs are generally designed so that these systems function best when there is, in fact, an established population.

Itkovian

Yes I did.

I guarantee you 100% that Bioware + parent company family are playing this game... skipping to the front of the line... and rolling in their phat lewt as we speak...

The industry standard is NOT to allow anyone on to their servers until X date X time.

Immoral:

violating moral principles; not conforming to the patterns of conduct usually accepted or established as consistent with principles of personal and social ethics.

By going counter to the gaming industry and social norms set out before this company... they have absolutely crossed the line into immorality. There is something stinking and that is Bioware and the way it is currently treating its client base.

Already...

You are WAY off base. You should really get some perspective.

Well, I guess we can look forawrd to NOT seeing you here anymore.

I'm betting we will.

I'll take you up on that bet. Send me a private message with your email and we can discuss terms.

I'll gladly take whatever you have to offer me as a bet.

But guess what. You were just talking **** like all the other dimwit fanbois on this site. Just postin' to hear the sound of your own typin' I guess.

I cannot fathom how the OP cares that much about whether or not other people get to level 50 before he does.

Truly this.

And OP... you clearly knew this was going to happen when you pre-ordered in November. Why is this a big deal now?

I'm not entirely sure it's about the levels. Seeing the other threads he opened, it's more about the names, but I see the naming business like that: If you want a name, that is most likely gone when you log in 2 days after the first person was admitted, you propably have not chosen a very original name. So take it as an opportunity to work on your creativity.

Yes I did.

Immoral:

Already...

I really don't get it. Ask a regular person off the streets if a staggered pre-release for a video game is immoral and I doubt you will find a single person who will agree with you.