Bioware, you lost touch.

lcizzle

No offense to you Bioware, you have a good game and all but you lost touch already. You have no idea what an MMO is. 90% of what an MMO is you are killing just so you can have a few days of easy work.

1. The race to first. You killed this for everyone except a select few and to some people this is all the game is to them. They race to max level and then they quit.

2. What happens during early access when something breaks? You stop inviting people to fix it and then a few days later you gotta burst in tons of people and it breaks again or take the chance that a group of people that pre-ordered don't get to play early? If at any point something breaks and someone doesn't get to play early. They will walk and go play something else. You know this right? Not sure why you would risk years of work and millions and millions of dollars for a few days of hectic work. Some of us are coming from WoW to play this. Everyone is already clueless and thinks this is a WoW clone. We didn't get in the initial day so we are playing WoW and waiting. At some point they will stop waiting or think "its just a WoW clone anyway, might as well just play WoW". The initial opening days, the mad rush of people. This kind of thing makes an MMO for some people. But Bioware wants a few days of easy work instead of letting people play the game.

3. PVP headstart. You are giving a select group a massive PVP headstart. It will be so fun starting the game vs people at max level with PVP gear. Sure PVP gear gives only 10%-15% bonus but that's massive when people don't know how to play the game.

4. PVE Race. Same as the above. It's not much of a race when some people are crossing the finish lane just as others start.

4. PVP Warzone exploit. Never would have happened if you didn't under sell the early game access just so you could have a few days of easy work. Your servers will break regardless of pampering the servers in the first few days. So just let the people play and stop being a bunch of scruffy nerf herders. You are so worried about having a few days of less work and problems that you forgot what makes an MMO an MMO.

5. The lifeless world. All the game streams are making your game look like crap right now. "Where are all the players, is this game dead already?". With the population the way it is right now we rarely see other players running by. It makes it look like no one is playing and your game flopped already. Why? Just so you can have a few days of easy work? Let me clue you into something, "YOUR **** WILL BREAK NO MATTER WHAT!!!" you can invite everyone 1 x 1 every day and still "YOUR **** WILL BREAK". It's just how it goes.

If I were you, I would try to get everyone 5 days minimum. I think you are too worried about "lets have the best launch ever!!!". What does this get you? a successful launch to you is a failure to many. If any group gets less than 5 days they will feel robbed. You're launching an MMO we aren't. You need to cater to us. If this was pre-wow people would put up with stuff like this easily. In a post-wow world you get one try and people leave and right now you aren't making a good first impression.

-"Hey bro, did you get to play SWTOR this week? I heard it was the best launch ever."

-"Nah, I didn't get in."

-"You pre-ordered right"

-"Yeah, but they had some invite system and I didn't get to play early"

-"Wow **** that i'm not buying that ****, lets play some WoW BGs"

-"Yeah, it's just a WoW clone anyway, so might as well play WoW"

Edited by lcizzle

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-"Hey bro, did you get to play SWTOR this week? I heard it was the best launch ever."

-"Nah, I didn't get in."

-"You pre-ordered right"

Cool story, bro.

People can troll/mock OP all they want but I ABSOLUTELY agree...and no..not really bothered about not getting in to game or even having my CE till' the 29th or so...after nearly a year of beta the break is nice. Point remains mmo's live or die based on perception like it or not...fair or not...the PERCEPTION is this has been horribly botched by ea/bioware THUS FAR...for specific examples see the many threads...some of which are very valid with over 500 posts already...

They are new in the MMO business. Give them some slack.

Wish everyone else would think like you do. New or not most people don't care and will be quick to leave because everyone knows "WoW was the first MMO and the best".

It's all about perception babe! And right now all I see is Bioware is too chicken **** and lacking faith in their own infrastructure to properly launch SWTOR. Funny thing is, it will break anyway, no matter what they do.

Edited by lcizzle

No offense to you Bioware, you have a good game and all but you lost touch already. You have no idea what an MMO is. 90% of what an MMO is you are killing just so you can have a few days of easy work.

1. The race to first. You killed this for everyone except a select few and to some people this is all the game is to them. They race to max level and then they quit.

2. What happens during early access when something breaks? You stop inviting people to fix it and then a few days later you gotta burst in tons of people and it breaks again or take the chance that a group of people that pre-ordered don't get to play early? If at any point something breaks and someone doesn't get to play early. They will walk and go play something else. You know this right? Not sure why you would risk years of work and millions and millions of dollars for a few days of hectic work. Some of us are coming from WoW to play this. Everyone is already clueless and thinks this is a WoW clone. We didn't get in the initial day so we are playing WoW and waiting. At some point they will stop waiting or think "its just a WoW clone anyway, might as well just play WoW". The initial opening days, the mad rush of people. This kind of thing makes an MMO for some people. But Bioware wants a few days of easy work instead of letting people play the game.

3. PVP headstart. You are giving a select group a massive PVP headstart. It will be so fun starting the game vs people at max level with PVP gear. Sure PVP gear gives only 10%-15% bonus but that's massive when people don't know how to play the game.

4. PVE Race. Same as the above. It's not much of a race when some people are crossing the finish lane just as others start.

4. PVP Warzone exploit. Never would have happened if you didn't under sell the early game access just so you could have a few days of easy work. Your servers will break regardless of pampering the servers in the first few days. So just let the people play and stop being a bunch of scruffy nerf herders. You are so worried about having a few days of less work and problems that you forgot what makes an MMO an MMO.

5. The lifeless world. All the game streams are making your game look like crap right now. "Where are all the players, is this game dead already?". With the population the way it is right now we rarely see other players running by. It makes it look like no one is playing and your game flopped already. Why? Just so you can have a few days of easy work? Let me clue you into something, "YOUR **** WILL BREAK NO MATTER WHAT!!!" you can invite everyone 1 x 1 every day and still "YOUR **** WILL BREAK". It's just how it goes.

If I were you, I would try to get everyone 5 days minimum. I think you are too worried about "lets have the best launch ever!!!". What does this get you? a successful launch to you is a failure to many. If any group gets less than 5 days they will feel robbed. You're launching an MMO we aren't. You need to cater to us. If this was pre-wow people would put up with stuff like this easily. In a post-wow world you get one try and people leave and right now you aren't making a good first impression.

-"Nah, I didn't get in."

-"You pre-ordered right"

Thank the lord you know so much, or BioWare would be in real bother.

I'll play! Why on earth would they care about people who won't sub long term? If they buy the box, play to 50 and then quit EA/Bioware doesn't realize any significant profit from them so why should they cater to them?

But...this hasn't happened. So...er...yeah.

Yeah, this seems to be a legitimate complaint. However, it will all be worked out in a few weeks when more folks hit 50 and are geared. So, it will be a hassle for a short term.

So again, if people are RACING to the endgame, those folks are likely not long term subscribers... your logic is deeply flawed.

Well again, this makes no sense. The exploit still would have happened because not everyone PvPs. It just would have happened less frequently and perhaps on fewer servers.

I dunno, I guess I would expect it to look a little sparse at first. I could counter by saying that if the game looked crowded and laggy, I wouldn't play until things calmed down and were less crowded. This is a matter of opinion...so...yeah.

-"Nah, I didn't get in."

-"You pre-ordered right"

Sure, this might happen with some folks. However, there are plenty of quite vocal people here who despise WoW with a passion (a whole other issue really) so this is kind of speculative thinking that might apply to some, but will certainly not apply to others.

How did I do? Do I get a cookie!? :D

Wish everyone else would think like you do. New or not most people don't care and will be quick to leave because everyone knows "WoW was the first MMO and the best".

It's all about perception babe! And right now all I see is Bioware is too chicken **** and lacking faith in their own infrastructure to properly launch SWTOR. Funny thing is, it will break anyway, no matter what they do.

I completely agree with you that there needs to be a bit of slack granted to Bioware; however, at the same time there has to be a lot of slack given to the community. There will be a lot of frustration for people until they are able to play the game; it's not life or death if people play or not; but consider how highly anticipated this game is. The hate, the fury, the rage... its all based on people's desire to play this game and enjoy it.

I don't feel that ******** all over Bioware is the answer, yet I do feel that people need to be able to vent, and for the most part Bioware is letting them do so.

I feel that the amount of rage at not playing shows how much these people really do care about the product.

TL;DR

Ordered late and want in now. Nerdrage!

Actually I had to pre-order twice. First time I signed up the migration wrecked my Origin account making it so I couldn't play Battlefield 3 or any other games I bought for 2 weeks. Origin has yet to transfer my original pre-order to the migrated account so I has to pre-order for a 2nd time. Ive been talking off and on with support for over 5 weeks now. No help. I could careless about getting in early because i'm going to play no matter what. How long is another story.

I wonder if contacting the BBB would get this fixed quicker. Because talking to support hasn't.

EA_MikeNoface

Origin Live Ops

has been in contact with me for about 5 weeks now and hasn't done a single thing to fix it. All I know is if I get charged twice for SWTOR i'll be done with this game faster then you can make the Kessel run.

Edited by lcizzle

People can troll/mock OP all they want but I ABSOLUTELY agree...and no..not really bothered about not getting in to game or even having my CE till' the 29th or so...after nearly a year of beta the break is nice. Point remains mmo's live or die based on perception like it or not...fair or not...the PERCEPTION is this has been horribly botched by ea/bioware THUS FAR...for specific examples see the many threads...some of which are very valid with over 500 posts already...

On other forums people are talking about how smooth it is. Darth Hater, Guild, etc. These forums are full of QQ because some people lack reading comprehension and others have an undeserved sence of entitlement. Going well and hope it continues to.

Why do so many try to be the best? If your playing starwars I think the main thing is the story and feeling, if this fail, the game will fail for many who plays it. I enjoyed the beta and I don't give a damn about if I can't win in pvp the first day, eventually I get the gear too so why rush? Well ok, must admit I suck in pvp anyways ;)