December Procrastinators Preorders In Here!

McVade

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read the comments from those who preordered in December compared to July/August etc. it surprised me how calm you all are. After reading semi-hate replies to the early access waves it really gets my mood down, but reading your comments has really clarified my thoughts on the early access 'problem' and making me remember why I care for The Old Republic.

Thanks for the positive energy! ;)

Fact is we know we are last in line so its just a matter of what date, way things are going its looking sooner rather then later, but for me still I think things could and should of been handled better i.e. seperate invites for EU/US servers but there isn't a great deal you can do about that, but this will hurt BW not so much about the game but the way it handles customers, they are going to have to do that bit extra from now on to make up for a poor start.

Edited by Gobrot

By procrastinator you mean I took the time to make an informed decision regarding the use of my capital when considering a long term gaming investment?

Yeah, I'm here. 12-11-11.

This system they are using is encouraging people to be idiots and to give into the hype machine before there was any worthwhile media or coverage of the game and is rewarding the impulse purchase crowd, which is really not the best business decision I've seen.

Great for pre-orders, awful for launch appearance from a business and internal perspective.

This thread is probably the thread with the most relaxed and happy people on the whole forum!

WE CAN'T HAVE THAT!

Moar whines plz!

I don't understand why I don't get to play now.

This is not fair.

I preordered too, why the heck can't I play?

They should have done it so that the earliest people get in first and the later peole wait.

They waited this long for the EGA, they can wait longer.

I mean really....

Is that better?

By procrastinator you mean I took the time to make an informed decision regarding the use of my capital when considering a long term gaming investment?

Yeah, I'm here. 12-11-11.

This system they are using is encouraging people to be idiots and to give into the hype machine before there was any worthwhile media or coverage of the game and is rewarding the impulse purchase crowd, which is really not the best business decision I've seen.

Great for pre-orders, awful for launch appearance from a business and internal perspective.

I completely agree.

11th of dec here , due to the fact that all my stores said they weren't selling it here and im not big into shopping online unless its through a digital distributor because ive had lots of trouble shipping and costs more money , so after being finally told that they were doing a global release and australians werent going to be IP blocked , i preordered when i had the chance and the money which i had to pay in full GG and wont even get in.

NOT only will we not get in. PvP will be impossible with all the level 50's by the time we get in

I completely agree.

If you agree with that I could do a 30 minute rant about how this is distancing guilds further from each other, and how doing a few waves during officer hours of the day shows that their project management deployment plans were at the most a weak standpoint which should involve 48 hour coverage by multiple shifts to ensure this launch is successful, but is not currently.

Sadly I was one of those that pre ordered from Best Buy and got a borked code. Took them from Sept 23 to Dec 7th to get me a new code. So my pre order code is one for Dec instead of Sept when I ordered it.

Needless to say I am not happy and would just cancel my pre order except I wanted the CE. Which I hear Best Buy is now canceling peoples pre orders. So if they are, the way my luck is I'll lose my pre order of the CE too.

It's a pity they don't weight the maturity level as well but the staggered release method does have some drawbacks since they are staggering on weekdays when most people are at work in the US. The servers should be 'sploding around 5pm when the school kids and their parents are all trying to login at the same time and the weekend will probably be impossible. Add in the official release on the 20th and people opening presents four days later, this may be the sleep disordered lot's only chance to play at all.

It's a pity they don't weight the maturity level as well but the staggered release method does have some drawbacks since they are staggering on weekdays when most people are at work in the US. The servers should be 'sploding around 5pm when the school kids and their parents are all trying to login at the same time and the weekend will probably be impossible. Add in the official release on the 20th and people opening presents four days later, this may be the sleep disordered lot's only chance to play at all.

yeah it's going to be a busy weekend for people minus the high school kid