December Procrastinators Preorders In Here!

McVade

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12-2 here for my wife and I and while I don't really care if I get in until Friday I can understand some folks being a bit upset. Not the ones who feel entitled, but the ones who look at the current server load and see Standard on almost all of them. It'll increase of course as the day goes on..but this insistence on staying on 4 waves a day when the servers aren't even at high load I think is bothering some people. I will admit it bothers me a little, but not all that much. I work during the day and Friday I'll have time to get into the game more for longer. Still it is a bit boggling that they are only stopping at four waves with such good server loads. Who knows, perhaps they'll invite a few more today. They did stagger the big beta test for load balancing but so far the server loads for launch look better at this point.

Of course there is more to it than server load I suppose, It seems customer service is apparently slammed to the wall and adding more folks in would only add to this load and problem. I did pre-order to get early access, would have waited for the box otherwise, but as others have said it wasn't supposed to start until tomorrow. If I have the weekend I'll be happy. If not...*shrugs* not much I can do. I've already chosen to play this game until something better comes along so I get in when I get in I suppose.

Wanna hear something sad?

I created a guild the first day they sent the emails out and a few of my friends joined, back in March.

I pre-ordered on the first day that you could back in July. It was the very first thing I did that morning.

I was even invited to play the beta for the past couple of months, not just the weekend bits, and I had an awesome time and play A LOT!

It wasn't until 1 day ago that I realized I never put my pre-order code in. (SIGH!!)

So, now I'm stuck waiting while my friends are having a blast in the game. I keep getting emails and IM's about all the things that they're doing and it's killing me. NOT that I can't get in and enjoy it with them (ok, maybe a little), but that I *could* be in there had I realized that I missed entering my code.

I'm very, very grateful that I had a couple of months to play the game already - but now that I can't, I want to even more.

UGH! C'mon Friday!!

Thank you for your service and protecting our freedoms; it doesn't go unnoticed.

On another note, nobody paid extra to get into the "early access." I would have paid the same price for the game if I purchased it on on December 20th as I did when I pre-ordered on the 12th. Any minute I get to play the game before December 20th is an added bonus to me, and should be to everyone else. Greedy, greedy people. Just goes to show that when you give certain people an inch, and try to do something nice, they'll try to take a mile.

Most people don't understand that. They only payed $6 out of the total price of the game, not an extra $6 fee or anything. for me, so far they haven't even taken out the full price of the game yet, so I'm extremely happy if i get in a bit early having only payed 6$ so far.

Redeemed yesterday FTW! I'm probably the biggest procrastinator here.

I did not get into any beta testing until a stress-test weekend and held off on buying until I, you know, bought Christmas gifts for other people first hehe.

Only slightly jealous since I pre-ordered my boyfriend's game for his birthday a month ago, and he is the type of person cruel enough to play it in front of me :rolleyes:.

Hey guys,

Looking forward to playing on the 19th at 11:59 PM CST??? :)

I know I am!

DEC 3rd, and at this point I could care when I get in cause i will prob play it like a single player game now then let me Sub run out and move on,, F U BIOWARE!! just sending them the same love they showed me.

I preordered at gamestop Never do THAT again... it took them till Dec to admit they would not be getting ANYMORE pre order codes so then I scrambled to origin to order.

This whole thing has left me with a bad taste in my mouth and yes I have been in most recent launches and honestly I have never felt more powerless and marginalized than I do in this one.

I preordered 6th December. I'd love to get in by the weekend but I don't know if that's realistic. Hoping for more than the minimum 1 day anyway. My game arrived today and is taunting me from the shelf...:p

I'm almost certain you'll get in on Friday, unless they drastically cut back numbers. The last two weeks of pre orders have been very light. They've said they're looking to invite more each day, so Friday should be the last day for everyone.

Last minute pre order after learning their was a deluxe download edition that was cheaper than the vanilla box from a retailer (tax/shipping) thus returned to the back of the line.

It's all good though. This gives the devs time to work out last minute issues and keeping me from seeing them and forming the wrong expectations.

Most people don't understand that. They only payed $6 out of the total price of the game, not an extra $6 fee or anything. for me, so far they haven't even taken out the full price of the game yet, so I'm extremely happy if i get in a bit early having only payed 6$ so far.

Yes, I payed 5 bucks for early access, don't care what the price is, I still got ****ed!

The only thing i'm sad about, is that i payed more for the standard edition and i could have gotten deluxe digital at the same price xD

I will pricecheck next time im going to buy a game xD

You able to cancel that order and repurchase through origin? (yah, you'd get a second key but whatever)

December 13th here :D. Made my friend convince me to start playing another MMO after WoW which is why I didn't pre-order before hand. Just got tired of logging in and sitting around on a max level character. From people posting on the forums about their dates that got in today I'd say were all in by Friday. Just remember real life still exists beyond your computer screen. Don't give that up till you actually get access.

The only thing i'm sad about, is that i payed more for the standard edition and i could have gotten deluxe digital at the same price xD

I will pricecheck next time im going to buy a game xD

Can't you cancel and order the other one still?

12/8 here. Wanted to chime in as well with my fellow Decemberists. :)

And I pre-ordered late as well, only after I had watched my friend play the beta. That sealed the deal for me.

Would be more than happy to be in by late Friday or early Saturday. :D A nice weekend of leveling.