This game has killed WOW...

mlcslc

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did this get bumped?

Well anyway, funny how things can change in 10 days. I'm one of the OP, mlcslc's, guild mates and we've pretty much decided to go back to WoW. This game has its problems, I'm not going to go into it here as you can pretty much read about it in any thread you click on, I just hope Bioware are able to address and fix those problems before they lose too much of their playerbase.

I don't have any particular devotion to any game, but gameplay wise, this game isn't fit to be classed on the same planet as WOW. WOW is so far and away superior in the gameplay department that its not even funny.

However, in many other aspects SWTOR is superior. Every time I pick up a new MMO I facepalm myself so hard I almost knock myself out when I take control of my character and its jerky, unresponsive, and buggy. They all managed to make it that way: Aion, Warhammer, Rift, SWTOR and Conan.

They get the one thing that makes WOW such an MMO monster decidely wrong as they spend massive proportions of their budget on fluff that doesn't really matter. Its all about the gameplay, the responsiveness, the control. I am hoping Bioware can pull it back over the next month but it doesn't look good at all.

Despite the pandas and the fact I'm bored to my back teeth with WOW, I may end up back there at some point if Bioware or someone else doesn't manage to get the gameplay right.

What game are you talking about, because I like the sounds of it.

I would kill for some PvP that was nearly as smooth as WoWs.

Me too, I literally would.

Every new MMO gets it all wrong.

Someone needs to stand in front of the head of every new MMO project and just scream gameplay into their face for an hour every morning, and we might end up with something to play instead of WOW.

I'd have to agree. The game wasn't on my radar at all until early December. Surprised the hell out of me. I'm super happy with what we got, despite all the problems with the game. I haven't encountered anything yet that would stop me from playing altogether.

Me and my wife started playing World of Warcraft 2 months after it originally released. We each had 2 paid accounts the entire time. Both of us cancelled 3 of those accounts this weekend. My main account I have to keep because I signed up for that pay a year and get Diablo 3.

We got this game 2 weeks ago and for the first time since my original EQ 1 days - I am finding myself running on 4 hours sleep a day. This game is truly a breath of fresh air in the MMO genre I honestly had thought dead.

At this point Bioware has 2 paid subs with me and my wife for the life of the game.

Just please - fix the darn UI! :)

Thats so very stupid imo. You are wasting money for free D3 when you dont even play wow lol...

Lets see 150 dollars vs 60..... unless you still play wow then that doesn't apply but if you just play this game and dont touch wow you are paying extra for diablo 3 and not getting anything for free.....

Apart from rival mmos what killed wow was the demented playerbase, PANDAS and blizz stupid actions, wow is the sinking ship and every years it just gets worse, I can't believe i actually enjoyed warcraft 3 and those games once, wow is the prequel trilogy of the whole warcraft franchise, and anyone stupid enough to play wow (and PAY) after pandas is just a stupid panda, an about to be extinct subspecies of homoerectus (no intelligent human would play that game) who drinks **** right out of blizzards hands. Edited by LaurentiusX

While I have not played WoW in a few years, I seriously doubt that after one month anyone can honestly call SWTOR the "WoW killer". If anything, WoW will be killed by old age and not any of the competing MMOs out there.

the stupid thing is you know some game is going to get credit for it. It will fizzle out and whatever came out recently will be "FINALLY THE WOW KILLER ARISES ITS.. hello kitty island fun?"

Umm who said I cannot run the game smoothly on low? Im trying to run the game smoothly with full graphics and aliasings on. Where are you getting your information from?

maybe you shouldn't be trying to run the game with full graphics and AA on.

especially when your computer was built by fred flintstone

The biggest issue I have with wow right now is not that ToR is really compelling to play, it's that the stuff they are about to put into WoW makes me sick to my stomach.

Kung fu pandas, and pokemon pet fighting.

I guess they decided that they were running low on new markets to capture and decided to go after the 6 year olds?

I can't tell you how lame I think their next expansion looks. They are just milking it now.

Let us go after Sargeras and be done with it, Blizz.

If WoW is dead--what is TOR? Blizzard will sell more copies of MoP in North America during the 1st week than TOR's total, worldwide sales. Rather than worry about the health of a game that has proven to be successful, why not focus on what needs to happen with TOR to retain subscriptions.

Welcome to the party!

I hope WoW bleeds to death in a dark place while gangs of ugly people piss on it from a great height. I've never played it but I don't like it's often-rabid fanbase.

Well, Sir, the problem now is that these "often-rabid fanbase" is coming here...to destroy this game to.

If WoW is dead--what is TOR? Blizzard will sell more copies of MoP in North America during the 1st week than TOR's total, worldwide sales. Rather than worry about the health of a game that has proven to be successful, why not focus on what needs to happen with TOR to retain subscriptions.

Given that someone felt the need to necro this thread after over a week, I'd have to guess they wanted some good old fashioned WoW bashing after all the negative SWToR threads floating around.

This game did not kill WoW for me at all. I'd already left WoW by 2009 and never went back.

Before SWTOR's release, I was just playing DC Universe Online. Grew tired of all the other MMOs out there, and have been in DCUO since its launch in January 2011.

Right now, I play SWTOR and DCUO. No, SWTOR will not kill DCUO for me. The games are vastly different in gameplay and combat.