Sorc/Sage needs to be looked at.

Lucinn

In my opinion these are the strongest pvp classes in the game. No one should talk about any other classes till Sorc/sage are brought in line with other classes.

Look at WZ stats you will see Sorc/sage at the top of the list. I've played matches where I see these classes with over 400k heals and 200k damage from the same toon. Not to mention it's the fastest class in the game, can knock you back and off of platforms, can bubble and heal itself to the point where you can't kill them. Oh, I forgot to mention that they are the only class in the game that never seems to run out of force/energy or what ever you want to call it.

BW this is the class that needs to be looked at over all others. Until you get these balanced pvp will be a problem. After this class next on the list is BH/commando then backstabbing op/scoundrel.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BW this is the class that needs to be looked at over all others. Until you get these balanced pvp will be a problem. After this class next on the list is BH/commando then backstabbing op/scoundrel.
I understand the stunlock stealther issue, but what is your beef with BH/commandos?

Sorc/Sages are going to get looked at, it's inevitable. Right now they're in a similar position that Bright Wizards were in when Warhammer Online released. Which is surprising, since there are some Mythic developers involved in SWTOR's PvP, so you'd think they would have ensured that didn't repeat.

Mythic's developers being involved in pvp here is one of the reasons this game will fail. The operative class, the most overpowered class I have seen in an MMO in probably a decade, is a fine testament to their myopic and moronic balancing philosophy.

In my opinion these are the strongest pvp classes in the game. No one should talk about any other classes till Sorc/sage are brought in line with other classes.

Look at WZ stats you will see Sorc/sage at the top of the list. I've played matches where I see these classes with over 400k heals and 200k damage from the same toon. Not to mention it's the fastest class in the game, can knock you back and off of platforms, can bubble and heal itself to the point where you can't kill them. Oh, I forgot to mention that they are the only class in the game that never seems to run out of force/energy or what ever you want to call it.

Yikes, you're terrible at this game huh?

Mythic's developers being involved in pvp here is one of the reasons this game will fail. The operative class, the most overpowered class I have seen in an MMO in probably a decade, is a fine testament to their myopic and moronic balancing philosophy.
Operatives aren't terribly overpowered. It's when you combine operatives with the various consumable buffs that they become redonkulous.

When you are claiming Sorc and Sage are overpowered, please keep in mind that the HEALING spec sorc and sage are NOT the problem.

The problem you are seeing is from DPS spec'd sorcs & sages, because they still get Force Armor making them quite a bit tougher then a regular DPS class.

I am sure there are other things contributing too.

I just do not want to see the healing sorc/sages get nerfed because the DPS ones are ridiculous.

My only problem with "ranged" classes sorc/bh so far have been that they seem too beefy for their role in pvp. if you stand at range and nuke stuff being as tanky or tankier than melee dps makes no sense.

The millions of professional sage/sorc "pro" pvpers disagree with you !

Yah lol the pro's,chain lightning and stunning all the while doing damage a slow drip kill if you will but very effective,should they be looked into? yes far and away more than Operatives or Scoundrels and the reason being is if there is say three or more they just spam the stuff,yah again real pro's.

And before anyone says "Yah there is a mirror" not really and this has been discussed plus the fact there is hordes of these guys over on Empire so you are guaranteed to see at least three most likely in a PUG WZ,then there is pre mades that are on to this i can think of one guild no two on Ajunta Pall one begins with a Q that stacks these chain lightning stunfest's and then most likely call themselves Great PVP'ers.

What a laugth.

Edited by Sathid

Yah lol the pro's,chain lightning and stunning all the while doing damage a slow drip killif you will but very effective,should they be looked into? yes far and away more than Operatives or Scoundrels and the reason being is if there is say three or more they just spam the stuff,yah again real pro's.

I dont follow your logic...

you have one class, lets call it "A", that can do mediocre damage spamming one skill...

then you have another class, lets call it "B", that can do a FAR lot more damage spamming one skill...

and finally you have another class, lets call it "C", that can kill people in 2 GCD with 3 skills top...

and in your opinion, the class that needs to be looked at first is A, because its the most represented class.....?

I'd have sworn that anyone with an IQ above single digits would have said "C first then B then A"

btw, lets call a spade a spade

A = Sorcs

B = BHs

c = ops

Sorcs are VERY EASY to play, but not really that effective

BHs are JUST AS EASY to play, but way more effective

OPs are the zenith of easymode and performance...

just because the Sorc archetype brings more people simply due to cosmetical issues (cool factor) doesnt mean they should be the #1 priority in the scale of nerfs, both BHs and OPs are way more damaging to the gameplay and should be nerfed first.

you should be thankful you see lots of sorcs....if you saw BHs instead of Sorcs you would be dying 5x faster

Edited by blackcerberus

Blacker reason being is because resolve is not working properly,im not gonna come on to some forum and lie and hey this is from my perspective but i see chain stuns of whole groups,you should of seen a Voidstar match i was in with 4 sith sorc's spamming that stuff,impossibe to do,well anything.

I dont follow your logic...

you have one class, lets call it "A", that can do mediocre damage spamming one skill...

then you have another class, lets call it "B", that can do a FAR lot more damage spamming one skill...

and finally you have another class, lets call it "C", that can kill people in 2 GCD with 3 skills top...

and in your opinion, the class that needs to be looked at first is A, because its the most represented class.....?

I'd have sworn that anyone with an IQ above single digits would have said "C first then B then A"

btw, lets call a spade a spade

A = Sorcs

B = BHs

c = ops

Sorcs are VERY EASY to play, but not really that effective

BHs are JUST AS EASY to play, but way more effective

OPs are the zenith of easymode and performance...

just because the Sorc archetype brings more people simply due to cosmetical issues (cool factor) doesnt mean they should be the #1 priority in the scale of nerfs, both BHs and OPs are way more damaging to the gameplay and should be nerfed first.

you should be thankful you see lots of sorcs....if you saw BHs instead of Sorcs you would be dying 5x faster

It seems as always that I am playing a different game. Sorcs are a bit tanky for a "mage" class that is true. But not to a gamebreaking degree. Since there are mirrors nobody is playing then I guess? Everyone is stunned and killed by sages/sorcs?

Saying BH/trooper is op is just plain stupid. Look at the commando forums. Tears everywhere! They have zero mobility. If you force them to move they do zero damage and die. Sure if you leave them alone they will nuke everything to ashes and heal their melee. Good payers dont.

The powertech/vanguard is a solid class. Not op not up. Nicely done.

The scoundrel/operative cant kill even levels with similar gear in one gcd. The need an advantage. There is bugs with biochems and resolve bar but that hs nothing to do with class balance. Its broken game mechanics.

As always, it will be fixed and you dont know better than the devs.

Am I to believe that someone out there thinks Sages are OP?

Please someone tell me they're on something, and if so, can I have some? I'd LOVE to see that world because in this world I'm constantly getting my *** handed to me. Granted I get a good few knocks in there, but I'm far, FAR from being on par with some other classes.

I'm glad to see some response on my thread, Ty all for your opinions. I heal and notice trends in wz because I have time to look around. When I see a class top the charts in healing and damage I know there is something wrong.

I think an easy fix would be just to give sorc/sages the same restrictions on there force pool that we all have. If you spam an ability you run out of force.

seems simple

I'm glad to see some response on my thread, Ty all for your opinions. I heal and notice trends in wz because I have time to look around. When I see a class top the charts in healing and damage I know there is something wrong.

I think an easy fix would be just to give sorc/sages the same restrictions on there force pool that we all have. If you spam an ability you run out of force.

seems simple

Yah there does seem to be alittle too much,what the answer is I do not know and frankly speaking I dont know much about the class,yet.

Sorcs crying for commando/merc nerfs. Mercs/commandos crying for scoundrel/sin burst nerf. Scoundrels/sins crying for sorc nerfs. It never ends.

Stop QQing, learn to play. Game is more or less well balanced, at most, some classes need some minor (and I repeat, MINOR tweaks). Nuff said!

Sorcs crying for commando/merc nerfs. Mercs/commandos crying for scoundrel/sin burst nerf. Scoundrels/sins crying for sorc nerfs. It never ends.

Stop QQing, learn to play. Game is more or less well balanced, at most, some classes need some minor (and I repeat, MINOR tweaks). Nuff said!

This ^^

In the last 2 pages of this forum there are cries for just about every class to be nerfed. No class is unbalanced right now, they're all actually pretty good. Perhaps the only thing that needs looking at is stacked adren/stim/exp buff.