Sorc/Sage needs to be looked at.

Lucinn

throw a debuff on some of the abilities and it wouldn't be so obscene. The pull completely negates any point of cc, especially in huttball, or using cc to take advantage of terrain. this is further compounded by the shield/sprint.

You are complaining about an ability that is usefull in huttball?

Why are you leaving out the other abilities that all the other classes has then? not fair to only list 1 ability from 2 classes when you know there are multiple usefull abilities for huttball amongst all the classes.

A good example of some similar ability is the Assassins force jump, target enemy if you have the huttball and jump to it, tada!

Edited by Miothan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find sorcs etc the easiest classes to kill in the game. Out of everyone they are the most hosed by well timed interrupts. I've killed many a sorc without them ever getting a skill off other than an insta.

Well played/geared BH is much more of a threat than a sorc to me. Sorcs just don't have enough burst to make them anything other than annoying really. OPs and BH on the other hand, can BBQ in pretty short order.

I find sorcs etc the easiest classes to kill in the game. Out of everyone they are the most hosed by well timed interrupts. I've killed many a sorc without them ever getting a skill off other than an insta.

Well played/geared BH is much more of a threat than a sorc to me. Sorcs just don't have enough burst to make them anything other than annoying really. OPs and BH on the other hand, can BBQ in pretty short order.

And it seems like this is an actuall Pvp'er that answered in the thread, instead of the "QQ, i died to a sorc once and now i say he burst me to death and needs a nerf"

I play sorc healer, and before taht i played as a Sorc DPS, was dps for 20 valor ranks, and atm i have been Healer for another 22 ranks and counting ^^ and i never have ANY trouble vs. other sorc/sage's target me, i can heal that damage any day, but if a Scoundrel/Operative targets me, i use stun break, Force speed and purge and hope i have gotten away, if i havent, then im usually dead unless i have my teammates with me to stun him and hold him off.

Edited by Miothan

Agree, Merc/Commando missile spam builds are a much greater threat than a sorc/sage who dots.

Sorcerers are on the top of the list because they have access to a few medals that you wont if you cant heal yourselves in a bursted ammount for.

I know that some of my friends that I PvP with cannot get:

2.5k healing in one heal

5k healing in one heal

75k healing done

ect.

If you want the first two medals, grab a medpac and heal yourself with it. Tah-dah, more medals.

Sorcerers are on the top of the list because they have access to a few medals that you wont if you cant heal yourselves in a bursted ammount for.

I know that some of my friends that I PvP with cannot get:

2.5k healing in one heal

5k healing in one heal

75k healing done

ect.

If you want the first two medals, grab a medpac and heal yourself with it. Tah-dah, more medals.

Rakata Med Pack. Click it. Get medals.

Funny that you think since sorcs can get a crappy heal medal means that they deserve to be on the top of the list.

Edited by Avindra

Yep, definitely. Sage needs to be looked at. Project should be changed, so that it doesn't deal damage with a horrible delay, AoE templates should definitely be fixed (damn template disappears if you cast one aoe after another). Sorc seems fine to me, wha...? Oh, sry, this was a nurf thread? Sorry then. No.

Regards,

Kalantris

Yep, definitely. Sage needs to be looked at. Project should be changed, so that it doesn't deal damage with a horrible delay, AoE templates should definitely be fixed (damn template disappears if you cast one aoe after another). Sorc seems fine to me, wha...? Oh, sry, this was a nurf thread? Sorry then. No.

Regards,

Kalantris

What he said.

A Sorc that does nothing but spam force lightning is nothing more than a road bump. To be effective in PVP they really need to use Death Field +2-3 Dots and lightning. All stacked up they can kill a player in 2 full cycles if they have good gear.

Compare that with a BH... Lets see... Tracer Missile > Tracer Missile >Tracer Missile... Wish I could do that on a Sorc.. Hit one button and blow people up with 2.5K hits every 1.5 seconds....

I promise you if Force Lightning did that much damage every 1.5 seconds People would have every right to scream and cry about it, but honestly if you want to sit there and call Sorc's talentless then I have to point out the above Tracer Missile spam Merc's that are Ohhh so skilled Topping damage charts at over 300K using NOTHING but one button.

At least a Sorc has to hit more than one button to win a fight.

Hey tell you what though. Ill trade my 3 second cast heal that lands for 2065 because of the 30% heal nerf for a lightning that does 5K damage every 3 seconds and then you can complain about Sorcs doing exactly what Merc's are already doing.

Worst case is a Brental Star I played late this night. There is a group of "pro" pvp'ers, I suspect them for being yanks pvp'ing on a EU server only to be sure to faceroll people. They ONLY play Sage and Commando. and they where almost impossible to kill. Tbh, waste of 15 minutes.

What do their country of origin have to do with facerolling people? Are you saying we Europeans are inherently bad?

P.S. I can't wait to see your 50 sorc in action. My prediction though is you'll be whining about shadows and scoundrels once he is 50.

Edited by Orangerascal

What do their country of origin have to do with facerolling people? Are you saying we Europeans are inherently bad?

P.S. I can't wait to see your 50 sorc in action. My prediction though is you'll be whining about shadows and scoundrels once he is 50.

I think that he is saying that American's are generally better at PVP, which is probably true even though I have never seen any statistics.

I think that he is saying that American's are generally better at PVP, which is probably true even though I have never seen any statistics.

I don't think so. I know this isn't a proper metric but arena junkies are dominated by asian and european players. The same with SC2 with very few Americans compared to European and Asian gamers. In fact when I played sc, a lot of Americans would play on European servers because US East/US West were known as the newb servers.

With that said, there would be no scientific merit to say Europeans or Americans are better players ..... we all it's the Koreans that rule online games. Joking aside, saying any race >> than another race is just fail.

Edited by Orangerascal

From mmos that I have played Americans are usually worse players when compared to Europeans, being Australian I have to choose between American servers and European servers since none are usually hosted in Australia for mmos.

Russians in particular seem to be the best players in pvp, I find Americans usually are only good if they find a class that is easy for anyone to play.

Not saying they are all bad I am just saying from my experience.

Edited by Avindra

Competitive PC gaming is much more prevalent in parts of Asia and Europe. North Americans typically make a strong showing, but on average, Asia and Europe have the upper hand. That does not mean that North Americans are less skilled than players from other parts of the world necessarily, but Asia and Europe definitely have an advantage based on the prominence of e-sports in those areas. (Similar to the way that North American basketball usually wrecks the rest of the world, but North American soccer teams get roflstomped.) Edited by thejaga