Thread for the content and patient

Technohic

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this thread will go to the bottom and beyond the first page but, post here if you are being patient and not whining.

Is this some people first MMO launch that they weren't expecting to be frustrated trying to get in?

Lets just take a deep breath and relax. In a couple weeks, you all will be busy leveling or PvPing or whatever and this will all be in the past. it is not the end of the world and Bioware is not out to get you or anyone else. They do not want to screw anyone over and will do their best, but these things happen. it's not new.

Deep breaths.

I am neither content, nor patient. There's already a foot of snow outside, with another projected on the way today... I still have to break out a dog sled or something that will allow me to get to class so I can take a final today, and I'm both wishing I do get an email and don't get one today. I am fit to be tied, however what I am not.. is mad about anything. :)

Well.. except the snow maybe, screw this cold *** BS.

I for one am happy to be distracted by this whole Early access thing. At this moment I am sitting in front of my 5 day old baby girl in the NICU waiting for the doctor to come by and give us an update. If it wasn't for the distraction that this game has afforded me over this weekend and especially today, I think I would have lost it a few times.

First thing: Hoping for the best for you and your family Patstone

Second thing: I have a reg date of 24JUL, so am hoping for today as I've been chomping at the bit since stress beta ended. All the crying on the forum is good entertainment while I'm waiting for servers to do their things here at work.

What I don't really get is all the people saying 'I don't care about playing now, I just MUST register my name before someone else takes it!!!!!elevnty111one!

Name? Really? If you're so worried about your name, maybe you should rethink it and try for something more unique? Not to mention, there are so many freaking servers, if your name is even remotely non-common the odds of someone thinking of it are relatively remote I would guess...

Edit: Forgot to add, whomever at BW thought of the staggered release based on preorder reg date is a genius.

BEST. PLAN. EVAR.

Edited by DarthGooHead

Even if I didn't have to work (UPS) I would still be patient. They are giving us early access! Which means we get the game for it goes official. Why are people whining when they are getting ahead. Sigh.....I remember when I had to eat dirt and liked it.

Thank you for this thread it is refreshing 8] I am having fun. I am chatting with a friend on vent while he plays and I'm cheering him on. I love how they are doing the staggered early entry to minimize lag and things. I am like geeking so bad right now this is a blast.

I love the guy eating Krispy Creme and having a Dr. Pepper :p

I'm getting ready to go to work, but I didn't redeem my code until 9/8 because Origin is a pain the *** and gave me a lot of trouble with my preorder. So I'm not expecting to get in until, at the very earliest, tonight. Probably not till tomorrow. I just wish I didn't have to raid in WoW this week.

Luckily, I can run both clients at the same time on my computer...even while I'm raiding, TOR will be up and running. I think I can play TOR and heal DS at the same time!

A little patience goes a long ways. I'm anxiously awaiting my invite, but at the same time I know it's not something I can control. Getting all stressed and angry about it doesn't change anything and just makes people seem like a bunch of whiny, spoiled little kids.

In the meantime, I'm reading a Star Wars book to pass the time.

yep - like a bunch of whiny, spoiled little kids.

I know this thread will go to the bottom and beyond the first page but, post here if you are being patient and not whining.

Is this some people first MMO launch that they weren't expecting to be frustrated trying to get in?

Lets just take a deep breath and relax. In a couple weeks, you all will be busy leveling or PvPing or whatever and this will all be in the past. it is not the end of the world and Bioware is not out to get you or anyone else. They do not want to screw anyone over and will do their best, but these things happen. it's not new.

Deep breaths.

Perfectly content waiting. Nice relaxing day before a big grind. Cheers mates.

I find it funny that just a few days ago a John Ellis was talking about finding the Higgs-Boson and what it could mean, and now another story comes out of CERN's live stream backtracking what Ellis said where Fabiola Gianotti basically tells everyone to calm down and that they don't actually think they're going to find it this year and that next year looks like it will be "exciting for physics", which is what we've been hearing for what, 50 years now?

Haha, yeah. So obviously there ARE things that are worse to wait for than the SWToR inivte mail. :D

But I can understand them trying to be very carefull with their announcements atm, simmilar to the guys with the faster-than-light Neutrinos. Those are not exactely lightweight discoveries if they prove to be true...

Also, purely from an entertainment standpoint I still hope they won't find the Higgs, now THAT would make future discussions exiting. ;)

Let's all just sit back and watch the angry forum people slowly tear each other apart.

Good one - it's like watching hamsters on coffee (ME anyone?). enjoying EaW/FoC to pass the time, redeemed my code Dec 6 so will have some time yet. still the Nov 25 beta was great, will be happy to see the email.

Waiting, and from previous experience knowing my time will come, this is no different to me than crashed servers due to overcrowding or poor testing, so wait.

I understand the frustration people feel, I was there once myself years ago, but think on this, at least you will get in early in the knowledge the launch is much smoother than other games and have a higher chance of success in staying stable.

I do remember EQ2, i think the servers was down for a long time, from days to weeks if i remember, now that was aweful lol.

Pop a film on, chat with family, as once your time comes to play, you will forget everything else, even for a short while :)

Evidence has been found regarding the higgs particle. This will surely have a MASS effect on physics.

Not exactly. They have been collecting data from LHC since it's inception about the Higgs-Boson. They will not be able to confirm or deny the existence of the particle for at least another year.

Basically all they know is that if it does exist, it would be within a certain mass range.

Waiting patiently and I totally understand why they are launching the game like this, makes sense and assures a more stable launch in many ways (servers stability and population being the main ways). But it also makes younger more impatient souls go into nerd rage gasm as they can't get what they want straight away eventhough being told they never could ;)