November preorders get IN here!!

Nightborder

November 30th.

Way I see it, they had probably had more pre-orders in the first week (or more accurately the first day) than they did in any other month. If we go off the general consensus that the first week of pre-orders made it in, that means roughly a month's worth of people will get in each day. Which puts November at the Saturday or Sunday area.

Not too bad, and it's what I get for waiting so long IMO.

actualy november had more presales than any other month.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wasnt today supose to cover all of august and some more since they say july was the biggest month and all and now things would speed up. i would expect to get in tomorow atleast.

cant remember when i redeemed xP 2 days before the stress test weekend

I pre-registered so I could be in the guild with my friends from WOW. I nonchallantly clicked the "I would be willing to beta test" box. I got invited to test that first beta weekend. It was so fun I registered shortly thereafter. 11/17. Hopefully it will come soon.

here you go, planned early access to SWTOR servers

Week Ending 30th Jul 2011 - 119260 - day 1 july

Week Ending 27th Aug 2011 - 334330 215070 - day 2 july/aug

Week Ending 01st Oct 2011 - 463793 129463 - day 3 aug/sept maybe oct

Week Ending 29th Oct 2011 - 654810 191017 - day 4 Oct

Week Ending 26th Nov 2011 - 900756 245946 - day 5 Nov

Week Ending 10th dec 2011 - 939358 38602 - day 6 Nov/dec

everyone in - day 7

So..

Day 1 most of July got in, so aprox 100k day 1.

Day 2 double planned today so that would get most of aug in by the end of day 2.

Day 3 should get another 200k in which would get in all of sept and some of october.

Day 4 we would expect more to get on but for now lets leave it at double that would get the rest of october and maybe some of nov.

Day 5 isnt going to be fun with more people preordering in nov than any other month. so unless they let more in i cant see them getting all of nov in on day 5.

Day 6 would get the rest of november and the late dec preorders.

its probably not what most of you want to see, but its a good place to start. fair enough we wont get the full 5 days most people were wanting, but at least its a rough idea when you could get on.

those are only physical orders, and I believe only for the USA? SR from Bioware said these kind of timetables based on released physical pre-orders are completely inaccurate.

That said, I'll engage in some speculation on the speculation, based on a lot of posts I've read on the subject in multiple forums :)

Someone cited the same chart as you, saying that at some point there was a poll on SWTOR or somewhere that had digital pre-orders vs. physical as high as 4:1.

1)let's assume, for arguments sake, that physical pre-orders and digital are even, since there is no available origin data.

2) again, let's take that poll and assume savvy, hardcore players are members of forums, voted in the poll, and pre-ordered early on Origin. So even if the poll is 4:1, the sample is skewed towards more hardcore users, as casual users are probably more likely to order physically, and at a later date, thus eventually evening out physical vs. digital to 1:1.

3) There are 1 million pre-orders listed on that chart, we'll say 1 million digital users, forming 2 million pre-orders.

4) based on those prior assumptions, we assume the digital pre-orders are more front-loaded timewise than physical orders. this makes sense given the chart you posted doesn't exibit that much front-loading in july on the physical pre-orders (only 119000 in july) and SR has tweeted that there was a heavy spike of pre-orders that month. so say the 4:1 poll is accurate for July, and there were 100,000 physical pre-orders and 400,000 digital in July. That would be 500,000 in July, or 1/4 of all pre-orders, hence why they only got to July 28th on Day 1 with the waves.

5) Bioware has stated that people will be pleasantly surprised by when they get in, and cited the huge July spike, and said they plan to increase the amount of people let in Day 2. Since they didn't get through July, lets say they let in 400,000 people, and plan 600,000 today on Day 2. That's 1 million people, or 1/2 of pre-orders.

6) By that logic, Day 2 should reach September today (maybe mid-september?)

7) Day 3, if they let in around 500,000, thats 3/4 of pre-orders, going into November. Maybe if they continually ramp it up they let everyone in Day 3, but I don't know.

8) If they dont let the last group of people in on Day 3, by my guesstimations the final group of late November and December pre-orders should be allowed in Day 4 on Friday, letting everyone play the weekend -- thus making everyone "pleasantly surprised" to be playing by the weekend. This, just by human rationale, makes sense, to plan to let everyone play on the weekend before launch.

Now, that's a hell of a lot of conjecture, and I could be completely off base, but that's how I break it down :)

My gut feeling is that every will be in on Friday.

2 nov here. Im beliving i will get in thursday and december ppl friday. And ppl yes its crap to wait but those who wait for something good will in the end be happy.

Its a very different way to handel a releas.

But after taking part in a few releases i think this is a good way to do it.

Ofc everyone wants to get in early but face it, if they let all in most ppl would still stay in que to get inside and often just when you are about to get inside servers go down. So give them some credit for wanting to give ppl a good playing experience.

November 9th as well. I recieved 2 pre order codes on accident on 7/30 (The day I actually pre ordered the game)

Gave my friend one, myself the other. My buddy registers his code that day, and I wait until 11/9 to realize that I needed to redeem my code. Shame on me. My friend just got in today's first wave. That could be me right now if I didn't fail.