September Pre Orders Get In Here!

iAutomatik

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get your hopes up, I'd say. "much, much longer" is very subjective, and can basically mean anywhere from 2 days to 2 months.

Besides, it's nice being surprised.

- Elim

I agree with this. If the tweet would've said "beyond August..." I would said we might get in today. For the waves of today, I'm estimating up to the middle of August pre orders getting in. I do of course hope I'm wrong. Very much so, actually :p

9/3 here!

Hopes high due to the post BW made today =) Though expecting to be shot down.

Today, we're inviting many more people to play The Old Republic - more than yesterday, and over a much greater time span.

As explained yesterday, our initial pre-order rush was over a very short span (about a week). Today we'll be inviting well beyond July, but again, we're remaining cautious as we send each email wave.

We're currently planning on sending four waves of email invites today of equal size. We're going to get them out as fast as we can, while monitoring player counts and server population. I'll update this thread when each wave is sent. You can also follow our official Twitter account for notification.

Wave One was sent at 8AM CST (6AM PST / 9AM EST / 2PM GMT / 3PM CET).

They let in July 28 - Aug 8 in Wave 1.

100k is a rough estimate:

http://www.vgchartz.com/charts/preorders.php

that chart is US ONLY. so your rough estimate is also tainted by the fact that its incomplete data.

Also, wave 2 just went out and they're up through Aug 25. This puts the number per wave at well over 100k... more like 125k

Edited by frotty