Underpowered Advanced Class: Marauder/Sentinel

ZakPreston

Marauders are TERRIBLY broken in PvP!

I've chosen Carnage spec because it has one more slow and 1 root during ravage. Now I have 7 Centurion gear pieces, rest of all are a mix of pve blues and epics.

Damage: mediocre sustained damage with above average burst. Nowhere close to Opers/Soundrels, snipers, BHs and Sorc/Sages. 6/10

Survivability: We have same passive defense as Assassins and operatives, but have no stealth, In wxchange we have a bunch of CDs. If some of them are on CD, we are the most fragile target SWTOR has atm. 4/10

Crowd-Control: No stuns? Melee class with no stuns and mediocre damage? While ALL other advanced classes have some sort of CCs AND PUHBACKS wr have 1 AOE fear! My Assassin on 10 lvl had more viable CCs! Slows are fine, but nost of them are at 4-10m range! Awful!! I guess, Marauders/Sentinels have the worst CC of all ACs. 2/10

Mobility: The only thing that makes me happy with my Mara. 15 sec-CD teleport to a target is awesome, AOE sprint for 30 stacks of fury sometimes rocks, and Carnage's Force Cloack removes roots and slows. 8\10

Utility: Whar can bring Mara to a PvP-group: mediocre melee damage, while most RDD outperform us, low survivability means that healer has to work harder, high mobility is fine, but Juggs are not worse in those terms, and little to no viable CC makes us undesired in PvP. Overall score is 5/10, which means poor design and critical flaws =/

For example my friend BH on WZ has at least 150k DMG and 150+k healing done, while I rarely break 120k DMG barrier with my Carnage spec.

My teammate Tankassin overall has 10-20% overall damage but has sevenfold more survivability and utility.

Edited by ZakPreston

What were you saying?

Good video, most of the class whiners don't learn how to properly spec or play in PvP and then come to the forums without ever trying anything to get better. The Assassin forum is full of people whining that they expected a rogue class and that Assassins suck.

Good video, most of the class whiners don't learn how to properly spec or play in PvP and then come to the forums without ever trying anything to get better. The Assassin forum is full of people whining that they expected a rogue class and that Assassins suck.

Actually I enjoy my Assassin.

What were you saying?

Vastly overgeared 50-lvl full epic Marauder with stims beats 10-40 undergeared clicking n00bs? Terrible!

Edited by ZakPreston

Take out incombat camo and I'm fine with buffing these classes.

Otherwise- No.

That skill is absolutely ridiculous.

I can't count the amount of times I've been beating one and had the tables entirely turned on me because of this. It's stupid and disgusting.

You jelly

I could care less about the stealth, that damn damage reduction cooldown is the real kicker. That **** will ruin your day real fast as you watch all your stuff do 5-10 damage. Ugh. I'll trade Saber Ward for that on my DPS Jugg.

That "bubble" halfens our current HP, so it's rarely used when mara is above 30%. Yes, the skill is great, but passive mara's/sent's avoidance/mitigation is awful. We have no Tech/Force passive defense, we can't stealth, we are beating dummies if we have only half our def cd up.

Vastly overgeared 50-lvl full epic Marauder with stims beats 10-40 undergeared clicking n00bs? Terrible!

Yet, a vid is posted of a OP/Scoundrel doing the same thing and people go crazy crying for nerfs.

Edited by mastercosby

Yet, a vid is posted of a OP/Scoundrel doing the same thing and people go crazy crying for nerfs.

40 lvl Oper has brought me down in 10 seconds: crit-open 3.5k, stun-crit 2k, i trinketed only to be knocked back and die from other two srikes (had 60% hp).

40 lvl Oper has brought me down in 10 seconds: crit-open 3.5k, stun-crit 2k, i trinketed only to be knocked back and die from other two srikes (had 60% hp).

What were you doing for those 10 seconds? Gosh people that whine the most are the most terrible players.

What were you saying?

Focus spec ftw. I play focus as my Guardian as focus spec and do the same thing. Sentinel is an AWESOME class, if I had time I would definitely play one because they are one of the most powerful classes in game, sadly 95% suck terribly at their sentinel and I completely mop the floor with them as a Guardian.

What were you doing for those 10 seconds? Gosh people that whine the most are the most terrible players.

He was probably like "OMG an OP just opened up on me. They're are so op I should just not even try."

For some reason, some people panic when a rogue class opens up on them and don't know how to react. Maybe in a month or two there will be guides out that will teach people how to play their class so they have no excuses when they lose in PVP. I can't wait till competitive PVP comes out so people can really see if classes are op or not.

Edited by mastercosby

Believe it or not, the class is fine, but people keep using Rage specced AoE as a justification for why it's fine when it's not even remotely the reason.

Grats on AoEing in Voidstar, whoop de do.

OPs kill level 50s in 3 seconds. What do you do? Crit for 6k once every 9?

Jokes, right?

Believe it or not, the class is fine, but people keep using Rage specced AoE as a justification for why it's fine when it's not even remotely the reason.

Grats on AoEing in Voidstar, whoop de do.

OPs kill level 50s in 3 seconds. What do you do? Crit for 6k once every 9?

Jokes, right?

I was in watchman spec which is our dot spec, i think that is annihilation for marauders? I can do around the same damage in combat which is the non-aoe, but non-dot spec although I think watchman is a bit better.

I was in watchman spec which is our dot spec, i think that is annihilation for marauders? I can do around the same damage in combat which is the non-aoe, but non-dot spec although I think watchman is a bit better.

Oh I think the class is mostly fine. People just keep referencing Rage Maras when they're not even the best this class can offer.

Oh I think the class is mostly fine. People just keep referencing Rage Maras when they're not even the best this class can offer.

I agree, that video didn't really show anything, pretty aoe numbers are great but in terms of overall effectiveness i think focus/rage isn't really close to the other specs, against a decent pvp group your aoes are going to be healed through, our class is built to focus down vulnerable players particularly healers imo.

Marauder's one of those classes that if you're bad at it, you will be complete garbage in pvp- but, if you're good, you're going to be the best class in the game. The damage and mobility are both high, and their sustained is much better than an op or assassin.