Stop PC Ship from Launching on entry.

Agammamon

Lets stop the ship automatically launching into space when we enter it.

Everytime you go inside it launches into space even if you're just going to get something out of cargo or are planning on logging out but not leaving the planet.

The animation plays and you can't skip it without aborting going inside and then when you leave you have to land again.

Kinda futzes up the immersion for me.

Kinda futzes up the immersion for me.

Helps my immersion - you see, port space isn't free. You don't own that docking pad.

In my opinion there should be a docking fee, then a fee every hour your ship stays in port. That would be immersive, but in leiu of that I'll take the ship exit/entry cutscene.

I kind of agree with this. It doesn't really make much sense. The first time I boarded my ship, I was looking forward to looking around a bit, then manually launching when I was ready.

It's a small thing, but I would like to be able to manually launch my own ship. Maybe they'll add the functionality if/when they get around to adding spaceports on every planet. I'm hoping that the docking stations at each planet are only a temporary thing.

You guys don't understand. What you want is a loading-free way to just dip in your ship real fast then dip back out without it moving. Like it were actually located inside the space station. It is in actuality more like player housing in other games. It's a separate instance from the gaming world. It has to be since there aren't 5000 actual docking bays on the space station. So there is no way to ever enter your ship without going to a loading screen, because a loading screen is needed when you are loading a new world(which your ship is).

The "ship" you that you can see in the landing bay and click on the door of to enter your "ship" is fake, not real,and not your actual ship. It's just a ship-shaped lump of pixels with a "door" that serves as a portal to your spaceship instance. The idea that you are going back out into space is just a trick the devs use to make this logical. Otherwise you same people would be on here whining "Why do I have to load when I am going into my ship?! It's just sitting there in the docking bay!" but by making it automatically seem to take off, it makes a little more sense that there are loading screens both ways. They are unavoidable.

You could maybe avoid the illusion of not launching back into space, but with loading screens on both ends of the process what would be the point? A simple spacebar skips the FMV.

Edited by Landara

If it was just a loading screen that would be fine. Well sort of, I still don't want the ship in space unless I want it in space.

I go through a cinematic and *then* get to the loading screen.

If I skip the cinematic then I just end up back in the hangar and get to watch my ship land in front of me.

You guys don't understand. What you want is a loading-free way to just dip in your ship real fast then dip back out without it moving. Like it were actually located inside the space station. It is in actuality more like player housing in other games. It's a separate instance from the gaming world. It has to be since there aren't 5000 actual docking bays on the space station. So there is no way to ever enter your ship without going to a loading screen, because a loading screen is needed when you are loading a new world(which your ship is).

The "ship" you that you can see in the landing bay and click on the door of to enter your "ship" is fake, not real,and not your actual ship. It's just a ship-shaped lump of pixels with a "door" that serves as a portal to your spaceship instance. The idea that you are going back out into space is just a trick the devs use to make this logical. Otherwise you same people would be on here whining "Why do I have to load when I am going into my ship?! It's just sitting there in the docking bay!" but by making it automatically seem to take off, it makes a little more sense that there are loading screens both ways. They are unavoidable.

You could maybe avoid the illusion of not launching back into space, but with loading screens on both ends of the process what would be the point? A simple spacebar skips the FMV.

It's much more complicated than that, actually...

When in your ship, going up to the cockpit and looking out the window shows the planet from orbit or the station/fleet from the outside: To not 'launch' your ship every time you go in it, they'd have to add 'in hangar' backdrops for the cockpit.

And what about travelling? They'd either have to add 'launch' and 'land steps to the process you'd have to activate before hyperspacing, or have it so that travelling from the hangar launches you, then hyperspaces, and you have to land manually. It'd be a major pain.

And further, the instancing system for your ship is...complicated. If you check, it will show other people in the zone, and if you hang out for a bit you'll periodically hear the 'sprint activated' sound as someone else enters their ship.

Helps my immersion - you see, port space isn't free. You don't own that docking pad.

In my opinion there should be a docking fee, then a fee every hour your ship stays in port. That would be immersive, but in leiu of that I'll take the ship exit/entry cutscene.

You make a valid argument.

Since I'm a penny-pincher for certain things, I won't complain about this anymore. good jorb.

Oh i don't doiubt that its a simple matter to change this, I just would like to see it included in the list for future updates and it looks like many other would also.

As for the instancing, it seems that all the ship interiors are located in the same "room" the just aren't interconnecting but you can hear sounds through the bulkheads.

If it was just a loading screen that would be fine. Well sort of, I still don't want the ship in space unless I want it in space.

I go through a cinematic and *then* get to the loading screen.

If I skip the cinematic then I just end up back in the hangar and get to watch my ship land in front of me.

If you skip the cinematic (by hitting spacebar), you don't end up back at the hangar.

Edited by Bdatik

YES I DO.

I've tried it. Maybe its just a Taris thing. But when I press space to skip the cutscene I end up standing in front of the ship while it is about 10 feet in the air and then watch it land again.

I does this no matter when in the cutscene I skip. Right at the beginning, in the middle, or near the end I end up back in the hangar.

YES I DO.

I've tried it. Maybe its just a Taris thing. But when I press space to skip the cutscene I end up standing in front of the ship while it is about 10 feet in the air and then watch it land again.

I does this no matter when in the cutscene I skip. Right at the beginning, in the middle, or near the end I end up back in the hangar.

Then you're the first person I've read that has brought up this bug. I've never seen this happen, nor have I heard anyone complain about this happening.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.