Welcome Message from Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk

AmberGreen

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.

A huge team of talented, passionate people at BioWare, Electronic Arts, Lucas Arts as well as many other partners all over the world poured their hearts and souls into this game.

We want to thank every single one of them for being part of the team that developed this game; it’s a monumental accomplishment.

Another group of people that we depended upon was you, the players. We had hundreds of thousands of players spend millions upon millions of hours beta testing this game.

Without you we never would have been able to build it; thank you for your contribution. This game is yours just as much as it is ours.

And finally we want to emphasize that this is just the beginning of a very long journey together. The game is launched, but it’s not done; it will probably never be done as we’re committed to working on Star Wars: The Old Republic in order to keep improving it and delivering exemplary service to you, the customer. It’s going to be a great ride.

Finally, we can only think of one appropriate way to sign off on this auspicious occasion:

May the Force be with you!

Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk

Co-Founders, BioWare

This message brought a tear to my eye. Thanks.

Unfortunately with no grace period and Amazon US saying it wont ship n be delivered until after christmas, its not a very happy holiday for some of us.

But yes, Ray and Greg, you have a very fantastic holidays and grats on the release.

This.

Edited by Asiyah

No grace period, Christmas mail and ordering the CE online because a Grace period was promised and taken away like some shady marketing scheme simply means set up toons and wait until January to really play...

Ya thanks... wooot... :mad:

Awww poor baby.

In all seriousness though, it's been quite a ride so far. I'm glad I get to climb aboard and continue the journey with this awesome game. Thanks for all your hard work. I hope the coffee was good during crunch time.

should have massed released on the 20th waves is not how you release an mmorpg now most of us are gonna be far behind, getting ganked and paying outrageous prices set by the ones who randomly got in. Remember to be the best u have copy the habits of the best.

My pre-order code was never attached to my account. Now i have to wait for the last wave of session of invites. Attached my code late november early december. Issue was finally resolved after 6hours of waiting on the phone with crapstomer servicer (customer service) whom droped my call after waiting for 4 hours for someone that knew little english to help me. 5 days of waiting for a response on my e-mails to customer support. and I still havnt recieved my invite..... Im not getting any younger while i wait Bioware.... Thx :mad:

Not happy about paying all the extra cash for the pre-release box set (it was the only way to get the secure ID as well), to still be waiting to get in and now see I could have picked up the secure ID for $4. The game is wonderful but the way things are being handled here, things done look good for the game long term.....

My pre-order code was never attached to my account. Now i have to wait for the last wave of session of invites. Attached my code late november early december. Issue was finally resolved after 6hours of waiting on the phone with crapstomer servicer (customer service) whom droped my call after waiting for 4 hours for someone that knew little english to help me. 5 days of waiting for a response on my e-mails to customer support. and I still havnt recieved my invite..... Im not getting any younger while i wait Bioware.... Thx :mad:

same boat, i didnt put in my code until the 28th but they said tommorow they should get to late nov. i just hope the email comes with another registration key cause you cant play without activating it. i dont want to wait to download it. i already have the last patch downloaded hopefully the version that they gave the weekenders over the last beta weekend will work. it seems to.. it enjoys mocking me with its all greyed out PLAY button. just make it dissapear, dont show it in any color. all the tweakers and rita-kids are gonna beat me to 50 cause i must sleep i'm surprised they are waiting till business hours to release the next wave when the servers are relatively empty. only a handfull are heavy+.

DOES ANYONE know what the queus are like for each population status like "heavy" or "moderate" "low" etc. whatever the one is that shouldnt be there like "expected" or some wierd one.

and one more thing, i know your 5$ pre order fee is just milking people, its a scam. first time i've ever HAD To preorder from a company for "quality control" and pay them 5$ that they just pocket.

it should at least go as 5$ towards payment of the game you are already making enough money i know the myth is mmo devs make a ton, but i'd be happy just doing something that paid the rent and didnt make me suicidal.

speaking of which you should feel bad taking my last 5$ birthday dollars, u realize how many unemployed losers that live with mom had to do and will continue to do unspeakable acts just to pay for your game... and you go home and kiss your wife with that mouth.. no more silver toungue. i see you for what you are. even if i dont see you i still do due to 2 hours of sleep out of 48...... delirium is its own kind of high. and free. curse you lucas. you witchdoctor. you've done stolen years of my brain power. now you are going to steal all my time along with my cash (as if EA needs anymore).

its just like giving a beggar a buck and then stealing it back from him, beating him up and burning it in front of him. and then using your choose of extrement to "Decorate" his box with.

Edited by mmjarec

When is the 15th/dec invites coming? its 10:45, no new waves getting their try? Does the day time start a bit later in "Bioware-land" ??

Like many has said here, if you had put out this information earlier, i would have bought the game alot earlier, ive never ever heard of a game letting people start playing in "waves". I could have bought it 2 months earlier and been playing right now, instead im dead tired and quite angry. Why? Because of the no-information-promising-and-not-keeping-it ********.

ZZZzz ... think wave are comming around 14:00 CET .. but not sure !!!

Allready got the Collector Edition by postelservice HURRA !! now i just need to get into the blo..... game xD

can anyone confirm when access are getting send out today

Mandrike :-)

COLLECTOR EDITION