About to quit because of this stupid pvp gearing system

Nordia

so whats the problem?

take a look at a none pvp view...flashpoints loot is random you can run it 10+ times and not see the piece you want....

it's random so you have to WORK for it....

A quibble ...

It is not work. Unless you're a chinese credit farmer, you are not working, you are playing a video game.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you play a game to acquire in game items. but all that i see from the OP is whining that he wasnt handed what he wanted when he opened up a random loot bag.

it's not the system that doesnt work....it's random so it works

it's that ppl dont like the system.

I like how you just ignore commendations.

I mean sure they buy you any gear you want.

But ya.

Any gear you want? Battlemaster? In 2 months time, when nearly everyone is in Champion or Battlemaster, are you going to tell me that the commendations that are now completely worthless due to tier capping is going to be proportional to the time you actually invested in the game versus, say, someone else who put in a FRACTION of the time you did with a fraction of the skill you play with get full Battlemaster due to luck?

This thread is talking about proportionality between time/skill -> reward. I'm sorry you're having trouble understanding such a simple concept.

Waiting for my free month to expire and will cancel. It just isn't worth the effort, time, money, any of it. I tried to keep an open mind and give it a fair shot, but there is such a thing as a breaking point and this game just reached it for me.

Between bagging system and all the other crap going on I find myself frustrated more times than having fun.

Maybe in about 6 months when all is fixed I'll consider it, but I don't give the game that much time to live. This show will be over sooner than anyone expects.

Oh well, nice try BioWare.

cant believe anyone actually expected a good pvp system with the guys behind warhammer leading the pvp development, oh well at least its better then renown eh?

They are not the ones behind warhammer get your facts straight

So since you didn't get full epics in a week, the system is stupid...

k.

Even with badluck commendations will get you all your gear eventually.

Whats the issue=/

It shouldnt be a matter of eventually. It's not fair for the one guy that gets everything he needs in his first 10 bags while other people dont get full slots after 45 bags.

"Eventually." It's just a piss poor system. The only people I've seen who like it are the ones that have been lucky. Everyone else, who are the vast majority, disagrees with "I will get gear eventually."

Someone mentioned the WoW pvp grind. It may have taken much much longer, 2 and a half months for rank 14 if you were top contribution points each week. At least the gear there was guaranteed. You didnt hit rank 13 wondering if you were gonna get your Field Marshal/Warlord gear.

I got all my pieces except a lightsaber. I used a level 49 lightsaber until I got Valor 61 and got a battlemaster lightsaber. Fair? HAH! Not even close.

I'm sorry, I love the loot system in this game. Why? Because it's not a grind. It's random, and random is fun. Does it suck to not get tokens? yep. And I do think they should make it so you can't get duplicate tokens, but I absolutely hate the wow grind system.

It shouldnt be a matter of eventually. It's not fair for the one guy that gets everything he needs in his first 10 bags while other people dont get full slots after 45 bags.

"Eventually." It's just a piss poor system. The only people I've seen who like it are the ones that have been lucky. Everyone else, who are the vast majority, disagrees with "I will get gear eventually."

Someone mentioned the WoW pvp grind. It may have taken much much longer, 2 and a half months for rank 14 if you were top contribution points each week. At least the gear there was guaranteed. You didnt hit rank 13 wondering if you were gonna get your Field Marshal/Warlord gear.

I got all my pieces except a lightsaber. I used a level 49 lightsaber until I got Valor 61 and got a battlemaster lightsaber. Fair? HAH! Not even close.

A) gear is guarenteed via commendations.

B) RNG is not fair, thats why its RNG -.-

C) RNG is used in PvE for years and no ones found a better carrot then it.

B) RNG is not fair, thats why its RNG -.-

C) RNG is used in PvE for years and no ones found a better carrot then it.

Slight difference, how long does it take to do say a false emperor or battle for ilum run? Now compare that to how long it takes to get 800 commendations if you aren't winning every match. Also keeping in mind that several top end gear pieces will drop in the FPs every run and you bank tons of credits even if the gear is not for your class vs. the chance something will come out of a champion bag... Btw a little tip on FPs, whatever the class of whom ever the owner is determines primarily what type of items will drop so you can weigh the factors even more in your favor given that.

Any idea how long it takes to get 73 Centurion Commendations? What about 123 Centurion Commendations? You get 3 per champ bag if theres no item included and 1 if there is an item included. That's like saying no bosses in flashpoints drop gear. You can run an instance every 4-5 hours but must constantly be doing dailies during that time that award lackluster credit totals. Eventually you will get geared out but not before a portion of the customer base quits.

My toon has valor level 30 - after 3 weeks of daily 3-12 hours long fights still missing boots, saber, pants, belt, sleeves. Meanwhile approximately half of dropped items are duplicates. Good news: she (it?) need second set for PvE tanking.

But this system is really frustrating: 12 empty bags in a row + 3 duplicates after that making me think 1) "I don't want to pay $15/month for that" and 2) "I'll be happy right after my subscription expire - or maybe I should stop playing right now?"

Edited by Pashgan

My toon is level level 30 - after 3 weeks of daily 3-12 hours long fights still missing boots, saber, pants, belt, sleeves. Meanwhile approximately half of dropped items are duplicates. Good news: she (it?) need second set for PvE tanking.

But this system is really frustrating: 12 empty bags in a row + 3 duplicates after that making me think 1) "I don't want to pay $15/month for that" and 2) "I'll be happy right after my subscription expire - or maybe I should stop playing right now?"

Nevermind you mean lvl 30 valor right

Edited by carrylot

You need to realise this is NOT world of warcrap. If this is too hard to grind items for then go play another game, losing a few 13 year olds who can't handle working for their gear is no loss at all imo.

It's not "hard". It's not challenging. It's a crappy artificial time-sink to keep people doing WZs. You can knock World of Warcraft all you like, but as far as PVP is concerned, at least you felt like you were progressing, win or lose. Sure, you aren't going to get the best gear just from doing unrated BGs, but at least you could get gear to start you in that direction. This system, you work toward a *chance* at progression. You may get comms, or you may get a piece that is useless or that you already have. That's poor design, no matter how you slice it.

You need to realise this is NOT world of warcrap. If this is too hard to grind items for then go play another game, losing a few 13 year olds who can't handle working for their gear is no loss at all imo.

Precisely the opposite. 13 y.o., students, unemployed, basement dwellers, social outcats has all of the world's time to grind battlemaster suits - unlike people with jobs and family who can't spend 200 hours/month grinding internet pixels.

But you are partially correct - there are many other games - and many of them much more comfortable, subscription-free, balanced and easy. Like Modern Warfare. You'll notice some (many?) people leaving for them in 2 weeks when first "free" month of SWTOR will end - including those who fed with duplicates, empty bags, tremendous amount of bugs (like PvP wins don't count against "win 3 warzones" daily).

Edited by Pashgan

Worst thing is that the stuff you can get with commendations is far worse than the one you can get with luck. It's the exact opposite of what it should be. or at least, it should be the same gear you can get in both ways.

Champions commendations in BM bags will never be of any use since you'll need to wait for 3 ou 4 weeks to get a single piece of gear. Meanwhile, lucky people will get all their gear in 1 week or 2. I'm currently rank 53, only piece of the armor set I ever got were the gloves. Had to buy crappy centurion boots to get the 2 pieces bonuses. Meanwhile, a firend of mine who's only rank 27 already has his 4 pieces bonus.

Edited by Zunzun

This is the sort of attitude that buys you an hour long warzone queue. The system is poorly conceived and frankly its not very fun.

The grind is almost worse than the vanilla WoW high warlord grind.

If a game stops being fun and starts being work then I'm going to go find something fun to do since I already work 8-10 hours a day during the week.

Grind? You for real? This gotta be the easiest MMO I've ever played. Go play some korean 180 level MMO, that's grind!

I had full Champion gear except gloves by the second day I was lvl 50, guess both I and the system suck!

Edited by darthtoph

Yeah, forget that stupid game where titles are rewarded based on your rating against other people in a competitive system, and forget that dumb loot distribution system which eliminates all luck and distributes loot fairly based on your ranking. A completely luck-based system where some people get a full set of gear with no work and other people get nothing despite opening dozens of bags is much better.

Seriously, did a single thought other than "Hurp Durp I hate World of Warcraft!" go through your head before you typed that out?

Edited by PanzerKing