Switched To Carnage from Anni

Rivehn

Pve player.

Gotta say I'm really enjoying the Carnage tree so far. I suppose i can't say i have fully tried it out as I'm only level 24 but carnage seems to be more of my type of play style.

Don't get me wrong i enjoyed Making my enemies bleed to death but i think iv always been more of a burst damage player.

Anyone else enjoying the carnage tree?

Pve player.

Gotta say I'm really enjoying the Carnage tree so far. I suppose i can't say i have fully tried it out as I'm only level 24 but carnage seems to be more of my type of play style.

Don't get me wrong i enjoyed Making my enemies bleed to death but i think iv always been more of a burst damage player.

Anyone else enjoying the carnage tree?

If your sig is any indication and you're only level 24 you have a lot to look forward too.

I played Carnage 1-50 and didn't have any problems till the "final boss" so to speak.

I played carnage until about 47, then I switch the anni just to try it out. BIG DIFFERENCE. Mainly that I was able to completely ditch my healer companion and replace him with DPS companion when doing all my solo stuff. This is due to critical DoTs healing me for 2%.

My suspicion though is that Carnage has more DPS potential. Without any way to track data I can't do much to test it though. Just looking at the abilities it seems this way. Anni gets the little dot crit self heal and some other utility stuff. Meanwhile Carnage just outright gets its own stance that ups accuracy (good since offhand doesn't have nearly as much as main) and procs its own damage. Along with an endline that can be used every cycle and replaces vicious slash.

If carnage doesn't do the most DPS out of the maruader trees, it's the worst of them all since it offers absolutely nothing else.

Carnage is, in my opinion, the best choice for Marauders who want to be more mobile in battle. You get an extra 15% movement speed, Force Camo acts as a secondary snare-only CC breaker, and it's not really THAT many more keybinds than you would use using JUST Warrior skills as most of your abilities are replacements for or buffs of others. Battering Assault replaces regular Assault (though you wanna keep both, just in case), Massacre FULLY replaces Vicious Slash. Gore buffs Ravage AND Force Scream; Massacre buffs Force Scream and your Ataru procs. Frenzy buffs Bloodlust, Predation, and Berserk. Vicious Throw more or less kinda sorta replaces Retaliation (I say that only cause they both cost the same rage and throw is a ranged attack that will put a SERIOUS hurting on whoever it hits).

Really though, Carnage is more a PvP spec. Anni is VERY good for PvP, as is Rage, but I really don't think Carnage does that well in PvE because it's designed around mobility which is generally a non-factor in PvE cause mobs will just stand on you. I'd reccomend sticking with Anni for PvE, and rolling Carnage if you wanna get into the PvP scene. Carnage doesn't SUCK at PvE, it's just much more PvP focused.

Edited by Yescek

Hm, See i do understand what your saying about Carnage being more pvp based but i just seem to have a much funnier time with carnage atleast so far. Anni was fun but it really isn't my style.

Just curious in pve is there really a use for deadly throw and that predation move?

I use Carnage exclusively in PvE and PvP, and have never needed Quinn for PvE. Just three days ago I soloed down two elites with Vette. Carnage is the bomb, and I'm definitely not switching :)

PS: Deadly Throw is a nice rage dump if you're at 9 or 10 and your moves are all on cooldown. Also nice to help your companion with as you run towards them if your leap is on cooldown as well. As for Predation, I usually only use it if I'm getting mobbed by a large group or am in some serious trouble.

Edited by SoH-Floyd

I use Carnage exclusively in PvE and PvP, and have never needed Quinn for PvE. Just three days ago I soloed down two elites with Vette. Carnage is the bomb, and I'm definitely not switching :)

This is what i noticed, for some reason i found myself having a way easier time on the weird creatures in balmora then i did with anni.

PS: Deadly Throw is a nice rage dump if you're at 9 or 10 and your moves are all on cooldown. Also nice to help your companion with as you run towards them if your leap is on cooldown as well. As for Predation, I usually only use it if I'm getting mobbed by a large group or am in some serious trouble.

Same here - I've used Quinn a grand total of twice and I'm 47. I keep Vette geared, and occasionally use Broonmark. I've never been anything other than Carnage specced, and I have never "needed" Quinn. It's just a different playstyle. Without a healer, I tend to be a little more focused on burning down everything as fast as I can - interrupting everything as soon as I can, and using all my defensive cooldowns at opportune times. Using force cammo to bounce aggro is a great tool that's often overlooked.

I know in games past, when I've had a pocket healer, I personally have tended to get lazy with the button spam, not paying as much attention to "rotations" (for lack of a better word) and just spamming things down to dead. Can make alot of fights more difficult then they should be.

Has anyone tried Rage in PVE?

Just curious how much more burst you can get. Also how can I compliment my tree with mods/armor/weapons? It seems I am more built in endurance and strength.

I want more POWER and DISTRUCTION as any sith of course :p.

annhi is more useful in long term fight. your dps is consistent and steady with some bursts through annhilate

carnage is just bursty burst. so its not as consistent as annhi but can bring down weak units like flies.

of course, im stating this through my butt without any math behind it since dps meter is nonexistent in this game

I would roll Carnage if Massacre didn't have such a *****y animation...I mean for the name you'd think it'd be something epic. Annihilation is pretty decent, but Massacre is like..."ohhh I can twirl my LS around" yet it does epic damage. Then again, Force Crush doesn't really have any "epic" animation either lol.

I actually had more trouble with the guy before the last boss.

If you're talking about

Lord Draahg or w/e

he was a cake walk for me. Last boss though.... /shiver.

annhi is more useful in long term fight. your dps is consistent and steady with some bursts through annhilate

carnage is just bursty burst. so its not as consistent as annhi but can bring down weak units like flies.

of course, im stating this through my butt without any math behind it since dps meter is nonexistent in this game

It's very easy to get into that mindset, but to me both of them feel the same. Setting up DoTs and watching them roll definitely can feel like more in the long run, but I'll kill elite mobs at about the same speed. The burst definitely helps catch average DPS up to Annihilation's steadiness.

I would roll Carnage if Massacre didn't have such a *****y animation...I mean for the name you'd think it'd be something epic. Annihilation is pretty decent, but Massacre is like..."ohhh I can twirl my LS around" yet it does epic damage. Then again, Force Crush doesn't really have any "epic" animation either lol.

I actually love the animation. If you look at the differences in the canon of the forms (each spec is based around a form, after all) Ataru is based around acrobatic movement and precision strikes while Juyo is extremely aggressive. Each "signature" move of the spec, so to speak, as well as the playstyles themselves fit in with the canon of it quite well: instant Charges and hard hitting attacks versus quick, fast strikes with quicker movements.

Edited by Kibaken

If you're talking about

Lord Draahg or w/e

he was a cake walk for me. Last boss though.... /shiver.

It's very easy to get into that mindset, but to me both of them feel the same. Setting up DoTs and watching them roll definitely can feel like more in the long run, but I'll kill elite mobs at about the same speed. The burst definitely helps catch average DPS up to Annihilation's steadiness.

I actually love the animation. If you look at the differences in the canon of the forms (each spec is based around a form, after all) Ataru is based around acrobatic movement and precision strikes while Juyo is extremely aggressive. Each "signature" move of the spec, so to speak, as well as the playstyles themselves fit in with the canon of it quite well: instant Charges and hard hitting attacks versus quick, fast strikes with quicker movements.

Weird I was like the guy you replied to, 2nd to last I wiped 3/4 times - 1 shot the final boss.

I honestly think I was more in shock/laughing too hard at how quick he was able to move around :p

Well I it was like 4am and I had had around 2 hours sleep in 2 days ;p everything upto 2nd to last was just face roll so I did my usuall lazy style and got ***** whilst taking like 35% of his hp haha (think I stood still the first time ;p) 2nd pull went similar, 3rd I shouted in guild "this quest is freaking impossible it has to be bugged" then figured out the trick :X