Huttball: Not an Exploit??

djvapid

A couple days ago, my team was thwarted from scoring in a Huttball match over a dozen times by the opposing team utilizing abilities like Harpoon.

And I'm not talking about pulling us into fire pits, poison or off the ramp. They sat at their spawn point and right before we crossed the goal, they pulled us into their spawn, insta-killing us and returning the ball to the neutral zone without a point for our team.

As you can tell, this summarily kept us from scoring the entire game.

Would you say this is an exploit? That it is glaringly obvious that this shouldn't be allowed?

If you do, you would actually be the person who is "in the wrong". One player in particular reported the problem in a ticket and a CSR responded that "Although the ability is not working as intended, it is not considered an exploit by Bioware."

If I'm not mistaken, anything "not working as intended" is one of the clear definitions of what a bug/glitch is. Silly me.

So since Bioware doesn't believe this is an exploited glitch, let's see what Bioware's consumers say. The people who give them their money.

Are you for or against this sort of exploit? Comment below.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple days ago, my team was thwarted from scoring in a Huttball match over a dozen times by the opposing team utilizing abilities like Harpoon.

And I'm not talking about pulling us into fire pits, poison or off the ramp. They sat at their spawn point and right before we crossed the goal, they pulled us into their spawn, insta-killing us and returning the ball to the neutral zone without a point for our team.

Would you say this is an exploit? That it is glaringly obvious that this shouldn't be allowed?

If you do, you would actually be the person who is "in the wrong". One player in particular reported the problem in a ticket and a CSR responded that "Although the ability is not working as intended, it is not considered an exploit by Bioware."

If I'm not mistaken, anything "not working as intended" is one of the clear definitions of what a bug/glitch is. Silly me.

So since Bioware doesn't believe this is an exploited glitch, let's see what Bioware's consumers say. The people who give them their money.

Sounds like a definite exploit since they can literally make it impossible for your team to score making it nearly impossible to win.

You realize that pulling the "we are the consumers unite against oppressive Bioware" card makes you look ridiculous, right?

Anytime the ball carrier goes beyond the goal line should be a goal, no matter if you get harpooned past it or not. Definitely not working as intended.. not sure I'd define it as an "exploit" though. Seems like a good tactic as long as it's allowed, BW needs to make a few adjustments here.

Deal with it.

And here we have the guy who is exploiting the bug....lol Its one thing when its "oh Im a <class> but <class> beats me" thats usually a matter of skill, knowledge etc. But oh the other team can instakill me and prevent me from completing the objective by exploiting a bug "Deal with it" isn't an appropriate response anymore. And in my experience, people who say deal with it in those situations do so because they are benefiting from said exploit. Honestly if your exploiting like this I seriously hope you get slapped with a permaban:D

As a powertech, I'll admit I'm guilty of this. Having said that, I would like to see it changed since its incredibly unfair... but downright hilarious.

Players can't sit at their spawn point indefinitely though - if they do, they run the risk of being removed from the warzone as a deserter.

Things like this can be funny. Are funny, in fact. But for a moment let's put aside the fact that a player is insta-killed by being pulled into the spawn point.

The most damning part about this is that the ball is thrust back to the neutral zone despite the fact that it "passed" through the goal to their spawn point in the first place.

If you ask me, if the ball goes through the goal, it's a score. Regardless of what happens to the ball carrier quickly following that movement.

people who don think this is an exploit are either users of such exploit or brain dead. the other teams spawn point isnt a hazard bioware just didn't test enough and needs to make abilities not be able to be used there. Edited by Nanomancer

What part of "name calling, and cheating, is encouraged" do you not understand?

Yet another person who apparently cannot decipher between in-game story and out-of-game gameplay mechanics. Good job. :)

Now.

Exit stage right.

What part of "name calling, and cheating, is encouraged" do you not understand?

cheating != exploiting a game mechanic

The spawn area is insta-kill to prevent a small handfull of people using CC to keep people from getting beyond the shield/spawn point.

Edited by JefferyClark

people who don think this is an exploit are either users of such exploit or brain dead. the other teams spawn point isnt a hazard bioware just didn't test enough and needs to make abilities not be able to be used there.

Didn't test enough? The devs pvp'd with us...hello?

Baron death mark tells everyone every time that cheating in huttball is encouraged. That said, an easy fix is to harpoon them down, cc them, knock them down, etc. if they can target you you can target them

Not an option for some classes. Tell me how to reach them as a Sith Marauder.

Bioware saying it's not an exploit = We are lazy and don't feel like fixing it at the moment.

It's an obvious exploit. All you have to do to stay in the safe zone is zigzag left to right.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.