E-mail stations = annoyance

colicoid

Who came up with the brilliant idea to not let me read in game e-mails anywhere I want?

Having to go to an e-mail station just to read them is extremely annoying...

As I compromise I would accept being able to read e-mails anywhere but having to go to the e-mail station in order to pick up gear and credits attached to e-mails.

Who came up with the brilliant idea to not let me read in game e-mails anywhere I want?

As I compromise I would accept being able to read e-mails anywhere but having to go to the e-mail station in order to pick up gear and credits attached to e-mails.

Dude, it's a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Steve Jobs isn't even a thought.

It's not supposed to be an "e-mail" box, it's supposed to be a standard mailbox. That said, it is set in the future, and I don't see the harm in letting players read the mail on the go, but picking up items/credits at the mailbox.:D

It's not supposed to be an "e-mail" box, it's supposed to be a standard mailbox. That said, it is set in the future, and I don't see the harm in letting players read the mail on the go, but picking up items/credits at the mailbox.:D

The movies started with "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away" and with that said the games take place aproximatly 2000 years before the rise of vadar so this is like way way way in the past. Don't know what your talking about being in the future

I thought the same thing at first too. That if I can get email on my smartphone now, then why not in this game? at least on your ship. But then I realized that since you can send money and attachments (physical items) in email then like the above mentioned saying it is like a "mailbox" is a more accurate description of what it is. Just like today, if you mail someone something, you have to physically pick it up. Plus the game calls it "Mail" and "Mailbox".. Not "email"

Although, The fact that you can get your "Mail" at any mailbox is just a technicallity, lol

What they should do is allow you to pay to have the mail transfered to your ship cargo hold, or couriered to you. Great idea for a credit sink, and do away with having to go to the mail box. Make it your holo-communicator.

I thought the same thing at first too. That if I can get email on my smartphone now, then why not in this game? at least on your ship. But then I realized that since you can send money and attachments (physical items) in email then like the above mentioned saying it is like a "mailbox" is a more accurate description of what it is. Just like today, if you mail someone something, you have to physically pick it up. Plus the game calls it "Mail" and "Mailbox".. Not "email"

Although, The fact that you can get your "Mail" at any mailbox is just a technicallity, lol

This is made totally invalid by the fact that someone can give you a chestpiece through a holo communicator.

A box at your ship would be nice, though.

the fact that i have mail pop up tellimg me i have mail and then i get all excited i may have some money coming in from GTN sales and blow a shuttle cooldown or run all the way to the nearest mailbox and open the mail saying "you are going to have some funds coming to you in 60 minutes..BUT NOT NOW!!!" its an indication we arent THERE (the future) yet.

The mailbox is there because you get physical items out of the mail.

However, i would be all for being able to recieve the GTN "Auction sold! Just Kidding!" messages via holocommunicator.

The number of times ive raced back to get my mail, only to be basically told "Fooled you!" is getting slightly irritating.

Either that, or just remove the 'credits arrive in one hour' messages entirely :p

I like this, I've been thinking that at the very least you should have a terminal in your ship.

I'd suggest removing all the terminals except in the starting capitol areas, putting a full function terminal in the ships and allow you to send/RCV email and money (but not items) from your personal communicator.

Leave full-function terminals by the GTN terminals

The mailbox is there because you get physical items out of the mail.

However, i would be all for being able to recieve the GTN "Auction sold! Just Kidding!" messages via holocommunicator.

The number of times ive raced back to get my mail, only to be basically told "Fooled you!" is getting slightly irritating.

Either that, or just remove the 'credits arrive in one hour' messages entirely :p

IMO these mails are a complete waste of time and resources. I dont need to know the item has sold before i get my money for it. Just tell me when you pay me. simple.

As for the mail you should be able to read it remotely i mean i can now and they can travel faster than light, shoot lazer guns and move things with their minds but reading digital email on the go? thats the hardzez!

Seriously let me read it remotely and have all moneyz and items sent to my ship.

I can send my minions out to sell grey junk. Why can't my minions also grab the mail while they are out?

/shock collar engaged

Mail now Vette! :p

That's a great point!

However, I think it might take some coding shenanigans to get it to work properly.

Edited by JarenVestrit

Maybe it should be changed to a package pickup station instead.

E-mails are delivered directly to me me but if they have attachments it would say something like "please visit the nearest package station to pick up your goods".

In a world of holocoms, blasters, droids, starships and force powers it doesn't make sense that you can't check your email.

Another thing that doesn't make sense is the poor sap on his hands and knees scrubbing the floors in coruscant. You'd think there would be a better way...

Edited by Guitarwizard

In a world of holocoms, blasters, droids, starships and force powers it doesn't make sense that you can't check your email.

Another thing that doesn't make sense is the poor sap on his hands and knees scrubbing the floors in coruscant. You'd think there would be a better way...

Well hey, you've gotta give the slaves, prisoners and lower classes something to do...