I like this game, but don't love it.

browneyedgrl

My reasoning for canceling is just that, I like it, but don't love it. As much as I try to find a certain "wow factor" in this game that keeps you wanting to play it more, I can't think of anything. When I played MMO's that I eventually ended up loving, I got into the game more and more as I leveled. With this game, my opinion on it hasn't changed since the first day I played.

Here are my reasons:

The story line for me was way too slow and takes up too much leveling time, and takes away from the actual game itself. The areas I expected to be more visually appealing, but everytime I went to a new planet it was just like Ok, this looks alright, but there was nothing really spectacular about any of them. You could say Hoth is visually appealing, but other than that... what else is? I was leveling with my fiance, but the whole time I felt I was leveling by myself, we were always off in different areas doing our story lines, even with some of the side quests. The loading screens are too long, and there are way too many of them. I have an expensive SSD, and they are still slow.

These are just my honest opinions, for those who love the game..thats great, I hope you continue to enjoy it.

My reasoning for canceling is just that, I like it, but don't love it. As much as I try to find a certain "wow factor" in this game that keeps you wanting to play it more, I can't think of anything. When I played MMO's that I eventually ended up loving, I got into the game more and more as I leveled. With this game, my opinion on it hasn't changed since the first day I played.

Here are my reasons:

The story line for me was way too slow and takes up too much leveling time, and takes away from the actual game itself. The areas I expected to be more visually appealing, but everytime I went to a new planet it was just like Ok, this looks alright, but there was nothing really spectacular about any of them. You could say Hoth is visually appealing, but other than that... what else is? I was leveling with my fiance, but the whole time I felt I was leveling by myself, we were always off in different areas doing our story lines, even with some of the side quests. The loading screens are too long, and there are way too many of them. I have an expensive SSD, and they are still slow.

These are just my honest opinions, for those who love the game..thats great, I hope you continue to enjoy it.

I'm not going to say I love it, but I think it is worth a few more dates ;)

The loading screens are once per planet. I think loading a bit longer initially is okay for not having to load again the entire time you're on a planet. They feel a little long but it's not so bad I suppose.

As for you and your wife separating during quests, that's kid of your fault. My best friend and I level together and we do everything together, even class quests.

I like this game. I'd love it wasn't so damn glitchy and buggy. I'd also love it if I could actually play it, BW's latest series of patches has destroyed my performance and made it pretty much impossible for me to play.

The loading screens are once per planet. I think loading a bit longer initially is okay for not having to load again the entire time you're on a planet. They feel a little long but it's not so bad I suppose.

As for you and your wife separating during quests, that's kid of your fault. My best friend and I level together and we do everything together, even class quests.

I mean I wouldn't mind them sometimes. But for almost everything in this game, theres a load screen, when you alt tab, when you go on your ship, exit your ship..its a bit overdone. And I'm a female, btw just had to say I don't have a wife, lol.

I like this game. I'd love it wasn't so damn glitchy and buggy. I'd also love it if I could actually play it, BW's latest series of patches has destroyed my performance and made it pretty much impossible for me to play.

I've had a few bugs here and there, overall not bad. Mainly just the performance of the game itself. The first week after the game came out, I was running it just fine..no lag issues, fairly decent loading times..then all the sudden, it became very laggy. I know it just wasn't me either, because at the same time my fiance was also having issues and he has a MUCH more advanced computer than I do, some guild members were having the same problems.

I'm finding the combat system very simplistic with no real learning curve so game play at level 8 is much the same as game play at level 38, 48 etc.

That's probably why I find this game is ultimately less rewarding than Age Of Conan.

I love people who are close to me, when someone states they love an inanimate virtual object I raise an eyebrow. You can only be entertained here; these virtual games hold nothing of value, just a false sense of achievement, which we are not getting in the outside world. But to say I love this game which are the same phrases a mother would use toward her child is kind of disturbing. Edited by Deepmemories

I love people who are close to me, when someone states they love an inanimate virtual object I raise an eyebrow. You can only be entertained here; these virtual games hold nothing of value, just a false sense of achievement, which we are not getting in the outside world. But to say I love this game which are the same phrases a mother would use toward her child is kind of disturbing.

In a sense yes, but not entirely true. Love cannot be defined by one meaning. Of course its a different kind of love then the love we feel for important people in our life. Love can be anything you're committed to, or an activity. Now I'm just sounding like Dr. Phil, but anyway you get the point.

Being perfectly honest, the most fun I have is when I use my Mandelorian loyalty ability on random strangers and see them saluting while vocalising like Sgt Bilko. :D

If I could gain one super power in real life....!!

In a sense yes, but not entirely true. Love cannot be defined by one meaning. Of course its a different kind of love then the love we feel for important people in our life. Love can be anything you're committed to, or an activity. Now I'm just sounding like Dr. Phil, but anyway you get the point.

I would use other terms enjoy, devotion, entertained etc... to each his own I guess.

I'm finding the combat system very simplistic with no real learning curve so game play at level 8 is much the same as game play at level 38, 48 etc.

That's probably why I find this game is ultimately less rewarding than Age Of Conan.

That's not the same for all classes.

Btw, if you play in windowed mode you don't get the loading screen when you alt+tab.

I do play in window mode though... and would still get the loading screen. Plus people shouldn't "have" to play in windowed mode to avoid them, the game runs much better in fullscreen mode.

Here are my reasons:

Redundancy aside, couldn't you have just shared this information with Bioware while cancelling? Not too many of us are interested in the feedback and Bioware has other forms of communication than the forums for you to give them that feedback directly.

What is happening? I am experiencing no problems really and no one I play with has mentioned anything so severe that the game is virtually unplayable for them.

@ OP

Beyond the minute it takes to initially load into a world, which just isn't that bad and does not occur that often, my load times for anything is usually a couple seconds and vary very rarely maybe as high as 10 seconds. Not sure why you are experiencing such long load times.

I don't get why the cutscenes get so much criticism. I think Bioware has done one thing better than any other MMO I've played yet.

The pacing is wonderful.

Combat is often frantic and fast paced, involving multiple chain pulls and quick kills mixed with some slightly tougher enemies to change pace from time to time. After combat in most MMOs you turn in a few quests grab a few quests and head right out, but anyone telling a story knows you need to give the audience a chance to cool down and gain an appreciation of the more exciting parts. Cutscenes seem to serve this function (at least, they do for me).

And if I'm not in the mood to hear it, skipping over it is a spacebar tap away. I think it was fairly successful.

Edited by Excedrin

No it isn't. The game gives you SO many abilities to use and different companions to create playstyles with. Easy to learn, tough to master. I've never had to keybind so much in my life before. I'm using shift, control, and alt keybinds.