The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

MMO gamers...

Sniper-Agent

Its really an internet thing, this doesnt go for only MMO gamers.

Normal person > Anonymity > Audience > Total dickwad

Also called the GIFT.

I wouldn't say MMOers are particularly bad in this respect, but MMO forums tend to be fairly populated and issues are abundant, so maybe it's more noticeable?

But in my experience, other forums (and it's not just video games) tend to be just as bad as soon as their audience is sufficiently big and rules are not strictly enforced (the more people on a forum, the harder it is for mods to keep things civil, too).

FPS players are by far the worst. It's cute how they pretend they're actually gamers.

Only console FPS gamers. PC FPS gamers are usually a much higher caliber of person, not a hell of a lot better, but better nevertheless. Because the kiddies usually FPS on consoles.

RPG gamers are pretty much the nerdiest of the nerds though, so you get the nerdiest kids who have the most lacking social lives, and the ones that forum are the worst of them all.

Anonymity, forums, role playing games that take up a lot of time, and needing to deal with other people whilst staying anonymous.... the melting pot, welcome to the Thunderdome.

Ok let me just say that you once again proved my point:

You say the key is gameS plural, more than one. But then you go on to say that they go from one call of duty game to the next. That is the very definition of multiple games. There have been, I think 9 call of duty games. That's plural. Not to mention that it's not just CoD players. Halo players are even worse, yet they are the same "type" that you say are not gamers because they don't play multiple games. But as I just said those types of people play Halo AND the entire CoD series.

I am sorry if it somehow bothers you to think that these people share the title of gamer with you, but they do.

This does not make them gamers, it makes them COD gamers. and the fact that they are copying the same thing in every game makes it one game

Are MMO gamers the single worst aspect of gaming culture?

What with all the ************, crying and raging it's little wonder that online gamers get a bad rep.

Also, What's with the whole "I like x MMO and therefore wish doom and failure onto all other MMO's on the market"?

If you enjoy SWTOR why do you feel the need to insult WoW?

If you enjoy WoW why do you feel the need to insult SWTOR?

Why is it so strange that there are feelings involved? Its like this with everything, cars, sports... culture..

When you found something special about something you want everyone else t feel this because you know that its a good feeling, but since ppl interpret things differently what you enjoy someone else dont. This creates a diskussion, and sometimes things is said in emotion, and gets responded in greater emotion, this envolves into groups of ppl that understands eachothers and creats a "us" and "them" feeling. And this inevitably creats debates and statements with the source coming feelings, not facts or reason.

Now this isnt something that is breaking of any sort, but this ppl can be reasoned with by using tolerance and objecive reasoning, everyone wont listen but does it matter?

Often something can seem to be ovverun by trolling or negative attitude, but that might be because the topic creates most feeling in the group of ppl that thing different, and they respond, some ppl will counter argue, but the crowd consisting of the majority of readers dont care to respond and just reads everything. And that means that even if it seem that one particular subject seem overthrown by negativity the majority of readers might not think so.

Greetings!

We do understand your frustration with the community, but at the same time, we also ask that threads in the general discussion forum be related to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Since this one is off-topic, we're going to close it.

Please create threads that encourage gameplay discussion and not ones which criticize the community as the latter just tend to draw out negativity and incite flames.

Cheers!