Assassins are overpowered

BobaFurz

My lvl 12 powertech was almost two shotted with 7k dmg from an Assassin...nerf them, they are overpowered ......reminds me on the lvl 13 who did complain about a lvl 50 op. :rolleyes:

By the way I died within his stun...

Edited by BobaFurz

Perhaps you should man up and attempt to understand the class rather than blindly accuse the class of being overpowered.

If an assassin uses consumables (stim, overcharged potion) and gets the 15% damage buff in a warzone while being fully epic geared, they will hit you for 7k.

After that 7k, though, they hit like a wet noodle.

Blame the consumables, not the class.

Oh wait, were you expecting to be on a level footing with someone that has spent the time to get to 50 and fully gear themselves?

lol...just waiting for people defending this haha :D. It´s alright if a lvl 13 complain about a lvl 50 op and to discuss this in a huge thread, but not if you get literally 2-3 shotted by an Assassin. You guys are very special...I love you *kisses* :D

Yes I know, since op/sc have more sustained dmg after their opener in comparison to the shadow, right ^^ ?

Edited by BobaFurz

You obviously haven't played a Shadow before. I can 3k+ crit regularly and 4k crit every now and then. And thats without relics or the expertise field buffs or pots. Shadows/Assassins are not like Operatives. Less damage in one burst. But more sustainable burst damage.

Edited by Kadoozy

lol...just waiting for people defending this haha :D. It´s alright if a lvl 13 complain about a lvl 50 op and to discuss this in a huge thread, but not if you get literally 2-3 shotted by an Assassin. You guys are very special...I love you *kisses* :D

Yes I know, since op/sc have more sustained dmg after their opener in comparison to the shadow, right ^^ ?

No, it is totally balanced that my half epic geared 50 assassin doesn't come out from the 2-3seconds stun when a OP/SC finds me.

Anyone who thinks OP/SC is balanced should be put back to the elementary school to finish math where they probably failed.

if your bolstered in a wz, you usually have around 11-13k HP to play with.

Thats atleast 4k HP left after his initial stuffs.

*play smarter*

*level up*

*The class is far from OP, in fact, they're getting a slight buff because they are a weaker pvp class*

if your bolstered in a wz, you usually have around 11-13k HP to play with.

Thats atleast 4k HP left after his initial stuffs.

*play smarter*

*level up*

*The class is far from OP, in fact, they're getting a slight buff because they are a weaker pvp class*

If OP/SC gets buffed, that will be my last day in swtor. They are owerpowered because of the fact that Critical Multiplier exists and they are the only class that has around 50% crit chance with not even good gear passive for their main abilities. (hidden strike backstab)

Infiltration Shadows/Deception Assassins are a complete mess in PvP at the moment. They are almost entirely backloaded damage that depends on procs and stacking buffs. Despite this, they have the worst passive defenses of any melee class and massive resource starvation problems.

Most of the PvP Shadows/Assassins who care about their performance in Warzones are Kinetic or the Kinetic/Balance hybrid spec.

If OP/SC gets buffed, that will be my last day in swtor. They are owerpowered because of the fact that Critical Multiplier exists and they are the only class that has around 50% crit chance with not even good gear passive for their main abilities. (hidden strike backstab)

Cool, so you won't be making rage threads in February?

You can look at the upcoming patch 1.1 notes as they are now in the PTS forums...

Like I said in my post, they aren't OP, you just need to play smarter.

Infiltration Shadows/Deception Assassins are a complete mess in PvP at the moment. They are almost entirely backloaded damage that depends on procs and stacking buffs. Despite this, they have the worst passive defenses of any melee class and massive resource starvation problems.

Most of the PvP Shadows/Assassins who care about their performance in Warzones are Kinetic or the Kinetic/Balance hybrid spec.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601dcrokrckZhGdMk0MZM.1

Try that. It works insanely well for me.

Cool, so you won't be making rage threads in February?

You can look at the upcoming patch 1.1 notes as they are now in the PTS forums...

Like I said in my post, they aren't OP, you just need to play smarter.

I've looked at patch notes long ago. And yes, if it comes live, it equals cancelling my subscription since they promised "class optimizations" for january.

Hehe, y play smarter. No matter how smart you are in a 10%hp vs his 100%hp after stun breaks. You OP/SC defenders make zero sense. I can just advice what I've said before, go finish elementary school math.

Idiots, the guy was taking the piss, and you all still jump in, in defence of X class, or to bash him for raging. Dear god, wow was the worst thing to happen to the mmo community, we were far better off as a niche market, at least then the average IQ exceeded double figures.

My lvl 12 powertech was almost two shotted with 7k dmg from an Assassin...nerf them, they are overpowered ......reminds me on the lvl 13 who did complain about a lvl 50 op. :rolleyes:

By the way I died within his stun...

assasin are in no way at all OP infact they are actualy fairly normal compared to your bounty hunter sorc and operatives.

assasins are basicly melee sorces that do a little less damage that runs out of force to quickly that has no bubble or heals but can stealth.

assasins are also late bloomers they dont actualy starting getting anywere good until lvl 40+ and even in 50 pvp gear they still are lacking when it comes to dps.

assasins are good for the 6 seconds they get to spam skills before they totaly run out of force and then you have to run and stealth quickly before getting killed as your an easy target.

yes if you spec for dps and get the maul 30% crit bonus passive you crit pretty hard with maul but dont forget you have to use it from behind your target and 1 maul strike takes half your force.

you should see an operative they are silly OP compared to assasins lol

assasin are in no way at all OP infact they are actualy fairly normal compared to your bounty hunter sorc and operatives.

assasins are basicly melee sorces that do a little less damage that runs out of force to quickly that has no bubble or heals but can stealth.

assasins are also late bloomers they dont actualy starting getting anywere good until lvl 40+ and even in 50 pvp gear they still are lacking when it comes to dps.

assasins are good for the 6 seconds they get to spam skills before they totaly run out of force and then you have to run and stealth quickly before getting killed as your an easy target.

yes if you spec for dps and get the maul 30% crit bonus passive you crit pretty hard with maul but dont forget you have to use it from behind your target and 1 maul strike takes half your force.

you should see an operative they are silly OP compared to assasins lol

have you actually played an assasin? i doubt it...if force is a problem you're doing it

wrong...

50% increased force regen after stealth for 6sec

same again when you pop your darkswell ( 45 sec cooldown )

melee attacks have a chance to reduce maul force cost by 50% ( once every 10 sec )..

as deception spec you don't need to spam maul to do dmg, in fact none of the specs

require you to spam maul to do burst dmg. both shock ( when charged ) and discharge will

hit as hard or harder than maul and cost 50% of the force.

what procs do you have to build up to do dmg? spamming voltaic slash twice ( crits for

over 1k btw ) to get 50% reduces force cost on shock and 30% increased dmg???

having said all that imo assasin are a very viable and good melee class, survivability ain't

a problem if you don't waste your gcds.

as someone else mentioned before the problem ain't with certain classes the problem is a

combination of expertise, red wz buff, stims and adrenals all stacking to make for stupid

high burst dmg. the thing is, as has been said before many many times, EVERY class can

do that.

so why don't ya all get to 50, get expertise gear, lvl biochem to max and do the same?:p

becasue complaining takes less effort, right?

You obviously haven't played a Shadow before. I can 3k+ crit regularly and 4k crit every now and then. And thats without relics or the expertise field buffs or pots. Shadows/Assassins are not like Operatives. Less damage in one burst. But more sustainable burst damage.

Obvious Liar is Obvious Liar. I have one at 50 in almost full PVP gear, @35% self buffed crit and at just under 80% crit damage before consumables. We Can NOT on demand, crit for 3k, we can NOT on demand crit for 2k+. Our Entire class is built on RNG, chance to hit, with an internal cooldown even.

You'd think that when designing games over years the designers would learn from others mistakes, not make ones that were made 10 years ago. You CAN NOT have a class that is RNG in a game with PVP, you can NOT have a class that is RNG with NO AUTO ATTACK, you can NOT have a class that is RNG, because it will seem overpowered 30% of the time, and way underpowered 70% of the time

I've looked at patch notes long ago. And yes, if it comes live, it equals cancelling my subscription since they promised "class optimizations" for january.

Hehe, y play smarter. No matter how smart you are in a 10%hp vs his 100%hp after stun breaks. You OP/SC defenders make zero sense. I can just advice what I've said before, go finish elementary school math.

Like I said, play smarter. And you won't be in that situation. Level Up... get more HP and you'll have a bigger pool to play with.

For reference, I've never been hit for 7k, 4k at the most, and that isn't even 1/4 of my HP..

But hey, the game won't miss some dude who leveled a toon to 12 then ragequit on a game that is so incredibly easy to play its almost sad. GLHF.