Who else would've liked to join Malgus' New Empire?

Skurkanas

Although, part of me thinks maybe he went in knowing he was going to die, but that his rebellion would force the Empire to take on his philosophy, although it's rather unlikely, and a bit Code Geass-ish .

No, that's completely what's happening! If you complete the Athiss Flashpoint, he says that no man/woman/Sith is above the Empire. Throughout the Ilum quest chain, he is a contrast to Regus, advertising change over pragmatism. When you confront him in "his" throne room, he says that, no matter whether he lives or he dies, the Empire is going to (have to) change now.

All he did was for the greater good of the Empire. I guess the point in time was debatable.

But in the end, his idea worked. The Empire is changing. Of course, it does so with Darth Marr as its leader rather than Malgus, but it's working nontheless.

He and Marr are like the big Sith altruists, putting the Empire above themselves.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that's completely what's happening! If you complete the Athiss Flashpoint, he says that no man/woman/Sith is above the Empire. Throughout the Ilum quest chain, he is a contrast to Regus, advertising change over pragmatism. When you confront him in "his" throne room, he says that, no matter whether he lives or he dies, the Empire is going to (have to) change now.

All he did was for the greater good of the Empire. I guess the point in time was debatable.

But in the end, his idea worked. The Empire is changing. Of course, it does so with Darth Marr as its leader rather than Malgus, but it's working nontheless.

He and Marr are like the big Sith altruists, putting the Empire above themselves.

Yeah, at least he went out with a bang. He really was the closest a Sith can be to a 'hero'.

malgus was a martyr. he died for what he believed in, that the empire needed to change. and he did change the empire for the better maybe not in the way expected but he inspired like minded people like marr to stand up and say "ok, we're loosing, we need to stand united and not be racist cuz if we dont, we will loose.".

I did want to join but never expected it to be an option. The Sith Empire is basically an anachronistic Galactic Empire from the Rebellion Era, which means racism prevails, although they didn't adopt the sexist component (Seriously, look at the Imperial Fleet in the movies, its a sausage-fest). The only thing missing was a COMPNOR (Commission for the Preservation of the New Order) equivalent, which was a paramilitary group equivalent to the Nazi SA.

It's implied in several conversations that female officers are expected to put out to their commanders sexual desires, even to the point of torture and pain, in order to advance.

malgus was a martyr. he died for what he believed in, that the empire needed to change. and he did change the empire for the better maybe not in the way expected but he inspired like minded people like marr to stand up and say "ok, we're loosing, we need to stand united and not be racist cuz if we dont, we will loose.".

Sort of like the movie "Hero" somebody believes strongly enough in something that in order to impress that point on the ruler, they let themselves be killed after delivering it.

"My message was important enough for me to give to you that I don't mind dying if it means you got it."

Sort of like the movie "Hero" somebody believes strongly enough in something that in order to impress that point on the ruler, they let themselves be killed after delivering it.

"My message was important enough for me to give to you that I don't mind dying if it means you got it."

Yeah, seeing as the last thing he said before he went into battle (although his last words were 'Your fleet is doomed, and with it, the Old Empire') was "Die, or defeat me. Either way, the Empire is reborn".

• 10 months later...

I love Malgus, he actually gave me some we'll deserved respect. I had to get the dark council to piss themselves before they gave even a little thank you for saving their ***. My character would simply say "You know what? Ever since I started on korriban, I've been insulted, assaulted and mystified by the incompetence of the Sith. I've always had one Sith Lord trying to kill me for power or just because I'm not human or Sith. So screw it, I want to join the new empire"

Since this would actually change a lot in the empire by giving Malgus control, I think the easier solution would be to give you the option of sparing him. Taking him prisoner or let him 'disappear', telling him that you agree with him, but know that he can't achieve his goal by escalating the war.

Then maybe he goes off, leaving you to try and change the empire from the inside.

• 4 weeks later...
I would've joined Malgus in a heartbeat, his empire made so much sense. I really hope that when everyone finds out the Sith Emperor is insane, Malgus comes and saves the day and becomes Emperor. I mean seriously, he's the icon of SWTOR, they can't just throw him away. If he's gone for good, then they better kill Satele :p

On a side note, (ME3 spoilers)

I was also disappointed I couldn't join Cerberus fulltime in Mass Effect 3, I would have loved to raid the citadel with Kai-Leng, Miranda and Eva as my companions on my Renegade playthrough

There all brain washed puppets the manga reject was a pansy chump and they stuck evil alien tech in themselves. Joining them would make no sense

I wonder what Bioware was thinking when they made Malgus' faction a far more like-able faction than the Sith Empire. Shouldnt they have realized most people would prefer Malgus side instead? I only did the Illum story arch with 1 Imperial but had I done it with all Imperials they ALL would have sided with Malgus because Malgus is literally doing the exact same thing they are doing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One thing that annoyed me was the whole Malgus thing kinda happened in the back ground.\he was built up to be this great character, You never see him in the class stories. You first bump into him at the Revan quest.

So you have no real contact until Illum where you first hear of the issue,

Its something i feel got changed in the development process, they could have done so much more with this character that it seemed a massive waste in the end