Why does Mako suck?

BBriggs

Mako barley heals and does almost no damage. I really hate that shes my only option at the moment to have out as my companion. Does she get any better? Or will I continue to die everytime I fight a mob higher level than me?

Mako is the only companion worth using. She is by far the best I have ever used, including the Inquisitor companions.

You are just bad. Keep her geared and don't suck - my advice.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Occasionally, Mako will stop healing or do something odd, which I put down to buggy companion AI. As a Powertech, I find her to be a great help. If she is not healing you, check and see if she is taking damage. She may be healing herself first. As already mentioned, accidentally leaving her on "passive" could also be the culprit.

If she is both healing you and attacking enemies, but you find her efforts too weak, gear is the likely issue. Equip her with level-appropriate gear that emphasizes Cunning and you will likely see a marked improvement.

I spend a night fully gearing out Skadge. Gave him armor will all my old 116 rating armor enhancements, gave him the right stat mods for the other 2 slots, best ear, implants, and shield you could buy.

I took him to Ilum to tank for me against some average mobs. Lvl 50 strongs. He gets pwnt pretty quickly. I mean, he can survive most fight but he will always be close to death. The only reason he can be considered a tank is because he can taunt. Because he certainly can't mitigate damage very well.

But those same fights with Mako....she uses electro-stasis and can keep a mob stunned the entire time I kill another mob. She can basically tank 1 mob better than the tank can. So I feel like shes better vs 2 mobs. Against 3, she may still even be better cause she takes 1 off me via stasis and I can just solo the other 2 with no problems. (Concussion missile if needed)

Mako is the only companion worth using. She is by far the best I have ever used, including the Inquisitor companions.

You are just bad. Keep her geared and don't suck - my advice.

Harsh, but true. I got her some new gear and got myself some new gear, and I also am trying some new stuff while fighting. I am finding shes much better than I thought.

• 1 month later...
Occasionally, Mako will stop healing or do something odd, which I put down to buggy companion AI. As a Powertech, I find her to be a great help. If she is not healing you, check and see if she is taking damage. She may be healing herself first. As already mentioned, accidentally leaving her on "passive" could also be the culprit.

If she is both healing you and attacking enemies, but you find her efforts too weak, gear is the likely issue. Equip her with level-appropriate gear that emphasizes Cunning and you will likely see a marked improvement.

This I had her pull a boss and two mobs on me tonight when I was clearly fighting something else on the other side of the room that wasn't linked to the boss.She did that lighting stun thing on them tho out of no where.....lol was kinda funny like I seen her moving I was like NOOOOOO.....anyway ya companions will kill ya.

i soloed H2+, and some H4 with mako healing me.

He stun and heal just keep getting better

Yup, Mako is the best powerthech companion.

Hell If i could find me a couple of good DPS i would use mako to heal me in instances :D

Like the quoted person, I have found I can take almost all 2+ content solo, and a good deal of Heroic 4 stuff. I even soloed a flshpoint while some of the mobs were green to me.

Great companion

Yup, Mako is the best powerthech companion.

Hell If i could find me a couple of good DPS i would use mako to heal me in instances :D

Like the quoted person, I have found I can take almost all 2+ content solo, and a good deal of Heroic 4 stuff. I even soloed a flshpoint while some of the mobs were green to me.

Great companion

you're bad... just because I forgot a T in front of the 'he'...

:D

I'm convinced I've been gimping myself all this time. I haven't used Mako since I started getting other companions -- used Gault exclusively once I got him, and have been using only Torian since I got him. I guess I should gear up Mako and give the little lady another try.

Wait, can we all focus on the obvious here? Mako is voiced by Lacey Chabert, which means that Gretchen Weiners is our sidekick, and her father, the inventor of Toaster Strudel, will be very upset to hear that you think she sucks.

...just keep her away from the white gold hoops, okay?

• 3 weeks later...
I don't think she sucks per-say, but she dose "glitch out" some, and will only auto attack, wont heal me, and I end up dieing because of it. This is actually one of the most rage inducing things in the whole game for me personally.

44 DPS Merc Arsenal here. Mako is the only companion I ever use. I like all the other companions, but I don't like dying and repairing my armour. Because of her, the only elite I've had issues with was that Reiki on Belsavis.