Give me healing medals

Welve

you get 2.5 k heal, 5k heal, 75k healing, 300k healing exact mirror of dps... really...

except you don't get credit for kills when healing unless you make sure to tag every single target at the same time.

except dps dont have a 30% reduction to their output.

If you don't see the constant discrepancy between healer medals earned and dps / tank medals earned then you are just being wilfully ignorant.

Edited by Cozaar

except you don't get credit for kills when healing unless you make sure to tag every single target at the same time.

If you don't see the constant discrepancy between healer medals earned and dps / tank medals earned then you are just being wilfully ignorant.

I'm a 50 sage healer, I even tag people with my insta-dots, damage or AOE, to get the 10/25 kill medals, time my project/pebbles well for killing blow... and I heal for 400k+ on voidstar with 0 deaths on my team... care to elaborate... 30% healing debuff = balance...

Edit: Tanks = easy mode medals, I"ll give you that... one AOE taunt = 3 tank medals!

Edited by Rabbican

why should i have to "tag" targets? DPS is not my role

people don't have to spot heal to get the heal medal, they just take off their gear and put it on

75k damage and 10/25 kills are noble goals for a healer to aspire too, if you want to focus on winning a warzone rather than padding a meter / medal count ... hats off to you sir!

This... i'm a tank and getting medals is easymode. Ive seen healers get 400k healing and get 4 medals. Pathetic, broken, needs to be fixed.

NOW

healing someone under 10%

healing 5 or more targets at once

tons of others if you take 10 seconds bioware

They do not have that for offense...

But here is a great solution...

You get kill credit for healing someone who kills people within 10 seconds of your last heal to them.

This would help a lot with the 10/25 kill status.

Then, you can trinket/stim a 2.5k damage shot on someone and get another(four buttons, tab+trinket+stim+attack). This isn't that hard since crit/surge/power/expertise affects both damage and heal potential...

Maybe add another one for healing someone within 10 seconds of scoring the ball/placing a bomb/taking a node.

75k damage and 10/25 kills are noble goals for a healer to aspire too, if you want to focus on winning a warzone rather than padding a meter / medal count ... hats off to you sir!

Unfortunately the medal system currently in place doesn't reward you for aiding in the objective. With the shear amount of comms needed medals are extremely important.

Commendation difference between winning and losing from a full duration WZ isn't much but not being able to get 10 medals when I heal and contribute more than when I'm concealment is a huge difference. Best case a healer is looking at 5-6 medals with a couple more on occasion depending on the WZ. DPS and Tanks can EASILY get 9-11 especially hybrid classes like myself as I can get the 2.5k 5k and 75k healing on top of all of the dps medals, and then the solo kills and killing blows aren't a huge pain the get.

The problem is I can't really think of a way to balance it without just giving the dps/healer hybrids more free medals when they're dps specced.

The point is, we shouldn't have to tag players. I know as a bodyguard Merc, my resources are better spent else where (DPSing is expensive, and it builds our heat quickly for little results). And no, it's not because I want to pad meters. In fact, if this were about padding meters and being a medal-whore, I would DPS and try to get killing blows instead of healing my team mates and sucking up my 3 or 4 medals. I only want to be as equally rewarded for what I'm spec'd to do, just like everyone else.

So.

More medal options.

Please & Thank you.

Healers always get MVP votes. Stop crying.

Well good for your server, not mine. I've yet to get this magical 400k healing in one WZ, but I have hit 300 often. But if I do MY job correcting (cleansing debuffs, healing, shielding, pulling people out of harms way, knock-back to keep melee dps off someone) I don't get credit for anything but one. So a healer has to do his job + to get the same medals.

And I know what people say "stop caring about stats". I don't care about stats, but I do care that those stats give gear. x5 per medal. So a tank that gets 7 while I heal him and I only get 3 seems kind of like an imbalance to me.

I'm not asking for any game breakers. But something like "#### healing in 3 seconds" or "#### healing to a single target in 10 seconds". Just so that it's a little more even for healers to get the pvp gear. And that's the point of medals.

You get kill credit for healing someone who kills people within 10 seconds of your last heal to them.

Then, you can trinket/stim a 2.5k damage shot on someone and get another(four buttons, tab+trinket+stim+attack). This isn't that hard since crit/surge/power/expertise affects both damage and heal potential...

Maybe add another one for healing someone within 10 seconds of scoring the ball/placing a bomb/taking a node.

Great idea here, been saying the same thing myself: healers should get kill credits (not killing blow credit) if they healed the person doing the damage.

so you want to heal as much as dps so no body dies

Oh, and for those players saying "Well, healers get MvP votes" if you actually look at the reward for that, you'd know the difference isn't very much. It's nice and, indeed, MvP should -always- go to the healer. But frankly, it's pretty common for healers to get reduced medals compared to all the 007s and Dirty Harrys out there.

As it stands, the healing medals are:

2.5K in -one- heal.

5L in -one- heal.

75K total healing.

300K total healing.

In my opinion, it's a lot easier to rack up DPS score than it is Healing. The 30% healing debuff is there for a reason: it's fair. If you don't believe me, well, I can't force you to believe what I do. But take my word for it, it's there for a reason.

With that said, healers need a bit more love. Like I said in my last post when I agreed with the original person who stated it: Healers should get credit for kills if they are healing the person doing the damage. It works out pretty well and helps balance things out. I've seen it in other games (Such as Global Agenda) and the system works great.

Healing is pretty miserable since burst is so high, and like people have said its just a fact you get less medals.

In almost full champion healing gear I get 3-4 medals per game. As dps spec in said healing gear I usually get 7-9 (and 2x as many mvp votes).

Something really needs to be done about this.

Healing is pretty miserable since burst is so high, and like people have said its just a fact you get less medals.

In almost full champion healing gear I get 3-4 medals per game. As dps spec in said healing gear I usually get 7-9 (and 2x as many mvp votes).

Something really needs to be done about this.

healing is what it is...i like that it doesn't break the game and i dont make people immune to damage, but I do extend people's lives considerably in many instances

exactly what you said though

Healers are At a slight disadvantage for medals. Every one can get the 2.5k heal by just using a med pack. When dPs and tanks get the lvl 50 purple med pack then they will b able to get the 5k medal as well. That's 2 medals that healers should only be able to get but every one else can get in addition to there other medals.

I think one thing bw should do is count the sage bubble towards the protection stat same with the commando bubble.

Wait... what giving a kill medal for healing? Might as well call a drought a monsoon or up is down... how special needs does this sound... Next people are going to ask for PvP commendations for selling items on the gallactic auction house.....

:tran_tongue: /facepalm.urface

Healers need more medals. If you disagree with this statement - you are wrong.

Racking up 300k healing isn't impossible, but if your team is doing well there is nobody to heal and this is hard to achieve. As for the 5k heal, I never once got close. The only way to get it as my class is through a health pack.

Healing can be extremely effective in this game, but healers aren't recognized by the medal system. Plain and simple, there's no argument. It's just a matter of adding new medals for healers.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/warzonesnippet.png/

If I didn't 'tag' people, then i'd only have gotten 3 medals. If I really wanted, I could have racked up enough damage for the 75k damage medal and gotten a killing blow, however if I were to stop healing, people would die.

If I got lucky I could have gotten the 5k healing medal, I've gotten it once before, but I don't have the Rakata medpac yet so it's few and far between.

So there's really only 4 dedicated healer medals. I try to get the other medals, but when in a healing intensive match, I just tend to focus on solely healing.

Oh, and no MvP votes. :p