Being herded randomly into cattle pens is turning me off the game.

Scan

The instance zones, at most we get 250 in the imp fleet, on any planet you are looking at 70-100 people on planets. This does not feel like an mmo, more an more im feeling it for a solo RPG with minor group play.

Im going to the Eternity vault with my guild on sunday, im pretty sure once we down the endgame we will not be running it for weeks. I may play another class to 50 maybe on the republic side but its unlikely the thought of all that speeder travel and local shuttle/tunnel/orbital/tunnel to ship/ship/tunnel to fleet/fleet and back is too off putting.

I doubt BW or EA realise how infuriating it is as they get all there feedback from fans.

The fans will not keep this game afloat and will actually sink it.

Great game, but NOT a subscribable mmo by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by Scan

I am hoping the idea was that with the large influx of new players they wanted the most stable system in place until there is a regular equilibrium of active players and decrease the phasing/instancing so everyone logged into that realm can see eachother freely instead of having to switch phases on the map.

Then stop looking at the number on top.

It really feels no different to WoW to me in that respect, except for the pop counter.

It might make a difference if the chat was global across ALL fleet zones lets say, the feeling of being penned in is awful making it hard to recruit, hard to LFG and hard to even feel part of a community.

I wonder how long it will take the OP to realize that all the instances (shards as some call them) share the same general chat and thus share his lfg requests? The number is a lie.

You're wrong, we tested it out, if you are not in the right instance you do not see the chat, we roll on the tomb of freedon nadd and the fleet chat would be insane but vibrant if everyone could use it.

You're wrong, we tested it out, if you are not in the right instance you do not see the chat, we roll on the tomb of freedon nadd and the fleet chat would be insane but vibrant if everyone could use it.

You're right. People just imagine the whole teleport to another instance option that pops up when getting an invite from a group in another version of the instance through the gen chat. We've got to get this whole mass hallucination thing under control before society falls. Thank you for showing me how schizophrenic I am.

Edited by TheUnNamedHero

Actually, the post you quoted is correct... :rolleyes:

Although I so far have only leved highes char up to 24 I have never had any problems getting people to join me in an instance somewhere if I actually try asking people. So I don't really understand the problems people are having with multible instantsing.

I only once couldn't get a group, and that was when I woke up at 4 am us est and only 17 peole were on when I logged in on my Republic alt. Even then I just went questing for an hour occasionally lfg ing the general channel untill somone wispered me.

Normally it takes me 5 min to join or gather together a party. Of cource I usually play healers so that might make a difference :D

Great game, but NOT a subscribable mmo by any stretch of the imagination.

At $.50 a day, i got no problem keeping this sub.

I find it funny that people talk about a $15 sub as being a HUGE commitment. Seriously, it's two quarters a day. These days you can't even go to the store and buy something for two quarters.

You're right. People just imagine the whole teleport to another instance option that pops up when getting an invite from a group in another version of the instance through the gen chat. We've got to get this whole mass hallucination thing under control before society falls. Thank you for showing me how schizophrenic I am.

I lol'd :D

Then stop looking at the number on top.

It really feels no different to WoW to me in that respect, except for the pop counter.

This is true. I played WoW for 7 years. I see about as many people in SWTOR as I used to see in WoW. The only exception is the cities/station. There seem to be fewer people there, but that could be explained by the fact that the game is very new and most people are out questing.

Don't get me wrong. I do have many criticism of the game, but population is not at the top of my list.

Edited by Thamelas

The fleet is the only place I see that actually doesn't combine all the instance chats into one general. As for planets it doesnt matter. But really lets say there are 1000 total people on the fleet of which they are divided in to 4 instances of the Fleet. General Chat for the most part can get really overwhelming with the spamming and the "who can piss further into the wind" contests that really multiplying by 4 would just be ridiculous. However say if you are trying to find a group a global LFG channel is good or using the LFG flag on your /who list.

Me personally I like this game quite a bit. I'm glad they had some clairvoyance of the Fleet being overpopulated vs the rest of the planets and divided its chat. Sure I could turn off general chat but I also use it for certain things and if the chat log is moving at lightspeed then really its useless. Perhaps a little later after the initial swarm of new players enters and the redundant questions cease they may merge the chats but I wouldn't count on it right now. They just are too many " What goes with <crewskill>?" "Where do I train or respec?" "How can I change my AC?" spamming general. OF which Answers to all of these questions can be found via Map or Codex.

I'm a network engineer, basically a fancy name for an IT guy. I make quite a good living, but wasting money isn't something anyone is into.. are they?

I could find two quarters a day on the floor of my nearest supermarket. If you don't like it, unsub, but don't unsub because you can't afford it.

I'm a network engineer, basically a fancy name for an IT guy. I make quite a good living, but wasting money isn't something anyone is into.. are they?

I'm in the medical field, this is the internet and people waste money everyday. Which is true and which is false?

At $.50 a day, i got no problem keeping this sub.

I find it funny that people talk about a $15 sub as being a HUGE commitment. Seriously, it's two quarters a day. These days you can't even go to the store and buy something for two quarters.

Dumbest post I have read all day.

Unsubbable does not equate to "OMG 15 DOLLAR SO MUCH".

Edited by Rivanwarder

Its because the garbage engine they paid for to run this game can't handle it. Hence the sheer amount of instances you see in this massively over rated game from a now massively over rated developer. Edited by SaltAU