Next wave of invites (if everyone or near everyone isnt invited) more cancellations

cylak

as title says

and they have plenty of right to cancel there preorder.

because frankly, allowing people to gain a unfair advantage because being allowed to play before others, even though we all preordered, its disgraceful.

and i totally hope the people who cancel never buy these companies products again

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel it is our solemn duty, all of us, as curators of the culture of Star Wars: The Old Republic to make sure that none of us ever forget today; the Day Cylak Didn't Get int.

Cylak should be remembered for all time as that guy that didn't get in. He should be immortalized in all servers, at all places as that Guy who Didn't Get In.

Cylak needs to become our Leroy Jenkins of Illiteracy.

Make it so, internets!

--

Chained-Fei

Previously of "Xenosaga" forums

I have a bad feeling about this......cylak could be the dark side version of OPOD .

Yes it does make sense, but it also make sense you have to wait until all are inside before they start the film. This is not about standing in line anyway.

what EA have done in this is selling the same seat over and over for the same show, and now they are telling us we have to wait until the one sitting in your reservation is done before they let you inside.

In short they sold more tickets than they have room for so they spread it out over 5 days, but instead of telling you when to come for the show they tell all to line up and wait all 5 days, if you dont you miss your call.

Bioware want to reward people that gave them funds early, fine enough, but the pace they are doing it is turning the preorder point for a digital delivered game pointless.

Im glad this happend, it have shown me that to preorder any game from EA is pointless and a waste of time and energy, today i have canceled mass effect since they have a multiplayer version in that game i asume the new trickle in method is going to be used for that game as well.

I can just upgrae the game after a week or two if i find it good and recive the very same items in game as those that handed them money up to 6 months ahead of time.

The reality here is that in past launches, there were ungodly waits in the queue. On top of that, the servers may go down, sometimes for over a day during launch. Then you lose your place in line. Nothing like being 10 min away then the servers go down.

This way. No one loses their place. I think it's Bioware's hope that the TOR servers won't go down while we're getting the free days before the official launch. It's a much better system imo.

You know what? You need to realize people paid for a product and have the right to complain about it. I don't care who's fault it is for not being aware of the UP TO five days thing, whether it's misinformation from the retailers side or EA, we paid up front, and we still have a right to voice our opinion.

People going on about how people are crying and ****, while they act immature as **** and disrespect people just for voicing their opinion. You no like? Don't click on it, if you already know it's going to be one of "those" threads.

The problem is people complaining about things that simply dont exist. It gets old quick. I for one am tired of seeing this threads and im going to start discouraging and trying to de-rail every one of these. sick of the 10 year olds! GO AWAY AND SHUT UP! YOU DONT DESERVE ANYTHING AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU GET IT.

If I am in line at a movie theatre. And you are behind me. Doesnt it make logical sense that I would get to pick a better seat than you? Or should we all stand at the back of the theatre until the entire audience is let in and waiting at the back then scramble for a seat?

Yes we all paid the same ammount of money for the ticket, but I got in line before you. Sucks to be you mate.

Yes, because getting in line at a movie theater is the same as pre ordering a game over the internet.

There is no :facepalm: big enough.

Hehe... do it, please do it.... :)

You can do your part too, spread The Legend of Cylak, Lord of Illiteracy, the most feared Sith in the Outer Rim! So fearsome was Darth Illiteracy that he never taught his pupil properly.

In fact, he trained Cylak wrong on purpose!

--

Chained-Fei

Previously of "Xenosaga" forums

You know what? You need to realize people paid for a product and have the right to complain about it. I don't care who's fault it is for not being aware of the UP TO five days thing, whether it's misinformation from the retailers side or EA, we paid up front, and we still have a right to voice our opinion.

People going on about how people are crying and ****, while they act immature as **** and disrespect people just for voicing their opinion. You no like? Don't click on it, if you already know it's going to be one of "those" threads.

I for one want you to complain more, it rather enjoyable experience seeing people complain about something has not even gone wrong yet. Please cry on, oh wait sorry I mean voice your opinion. Really this is very entertaining while I wait to get into the game :).

The problem is people complaining about things that simply dont exist. It gets old quick. I for one am tired of seeing this threads and im going to start discouraging and trying to de-rail every one of these. sick of the 10 year olds! GO AWAY AND SHUT UP! YOU DONT DESERVE ANYTHING AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU GET IT.

Raaaage. Good going, you just angered some more gods.

Seriously though, if you cant take other people's opinions, get the **** off internet.

It's your responsibility to know what you purchase. And you coming on these forums and complaining about your own incompetence and trying to project that onto BW is flooding the forums w/ non sense and makes it difficult to locate legitimate threads.

If you do not like the way EA is going, post in the suggestions topics as EGA is going EXACTLY as they said it would. So please take your QQ where it belongs. Thank you.

I am going to cancel if I don't get in today, which seems unlikely. I care more about racing to max level than playing the game before release. If everyone else has a head start on me I would hardly call that "playing early."

:) Racing to max level ... some ppl are just funny. It's like being in Rome on vacation and staying in hotel room the whole time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelinCarnate

We will have a cylak on every server. In the process of taking that name on every server in the game. Granted they will never be played but there will be 1 there.

Hehe... do it, please do it....

I agree, please please.

I always knew we would get a Leroy Jenkins but I didn't think it would be before official release date!

It's your responsibility to know what you purchase. And you coming on these forums and complaining about your own incompetence and trying to project that onto BW is flooding the forums w/ non sense and makes it difficult to locate legitimate threads.

If you do not like the way EA is going, post in the suggestions topics as EGA is going EXACTLY as they said it would. So please take your QQ where it belongs. Thank you.

Where does the responsibility lie if my Retailer states a guaranteed early access for 5 days on their site? Yes. At the retailers.

as title says

because frankly, allowing people to gain a unfair advantage because being allowed to play before others, even though we all preordered, its disgraceful.

and i totally hope the people who cancel never buy these companies products again

You should probably leave, you are far too young to play this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRf4CSHlNNw

Many of the people in my guild are already in. It does not bother me too much that I am not in, but if I fail to get invited by Friday I will be sorely disappointed due to the fact I only will be able to play much on Fridays and Saturdays. I work long hours other days. If I am invited on Sunday or later, I might as well have not wasted time pre-ordering.

I am also disappointed that the most of guild I signed up for is already playing and I am not. It means they will be far ahead of me in levels making it difficult for me to group with them until I catch up.

I realize I did not pre-order til November. I am hoping that they started the access earlier so they could get most people in 5 days early, as some people might call their pre-order advertising deceptive. Semantically "up to 5 days early" does not guarantee 5 days early, but most people read it as that.

as title says

If there are cancelations its because all the childish people / trolls / haters swarming the forums. Im getting tired of you people so do me/us/all a favor and really cancel you game so you wont be found in-game instead of placing all the empty threats.

as title says

Can I ask you what advantage are they getting over you? Surely you are playing with your friends and you'll be endgaming with them? There are no achievements in this game so no server first or anything. No relam or world first achievements. What is it exactly they are getting over you because they pre-ordered and redeemed a code earlier then you?

I can't think of anything. It's not like the content is there ofr the first 50 people only. It'll still be there when you get there. Just relax. 20th is release date this is a free period of gaming for everyone. Some might get slightly more free time then others due to the fact they redeemed their pre-order first but there are not getting any bonuses or benefits because of that but everyone will be paying the same amount from the 20th and no one will pay anymore then anyone else.