Does pvp tanks ever get most valuable player votes?

Nordicus

I am fairly sure that answer is no. I have played hunders of maches scoring into top 3 or occassionally number 1 player in wargrounds protecting 50k-100k damage never getting any most valuable player vote not even one vote as long as I have played swtor pvp.

People only vote dps classes and healers simply becouse it is easier to get high dps or healing than high protection score and it is almoust impossible get higher protection score than healing or dps score.

Not even those players who can get very high scores becouse of my intesive protection of them never vote me as most valuable player.

What is your experience as pvp tank?

Edited by Nordicus

yeah I hate PvPing solo as a tank. it's a pain, you are sitting here literally dying to absorb the damage for anothing player, and then they give all the MVP votes to the sorc who pew pewed and tossed self heals when he is low.

makes it really hard to want to put my guard on pugs.

good thing i got a guild...

I usually give my vote to the highest healer. Being a healer myself, I rarely get mvp votes even with ~250k-300k healing per game.

Seems like most people on The Fatman just throw them all at the top dps (aka the guy sitting in the middle shooting everything for no reason).

Healers deserve it since they tend to be so few and far between. I'm glad you can carry the ball and live long but in the end many good players can do this on their own.

Yeah but with protection shield on virtually any class have almost same damage absorption than tanks have. I always put protection shield in ball carrier in hutt ball if I am able allowing him to get tank rate damage absorption it is sad that those people never thank me not even once giving me one mvp vote.

Not to mention that in many games tank have sacrafice himself just make his team win and almoust always dies first simple becouse he absorb so much damage from other players.

Edited by Nordicus

Ive give my vote to the person with the highest OBJECTIVE score. That shows that they are actually doing what you are supposed to. People with high dps never get my vote all that shows is that they are more worried about kills than winning.

I also never get voted for being a tank. I protect a ton and usually get in the top 3 on my team every time. but votes seem to always go to dps i think its cause its the first stat people see in the list. This shoulld all be looked at and maybe changed.

I dont get all these threads like...

"Im a tank/healer and i never get MVP"

Total lies! Tanks and DEFO healers always get mvp in the games im playing. Infact im DPS and always top of the board with the best damage and a high objective score and i get nothing.

Its the DPS which never actually get MVP.

yeah I hate PvPing solo as a tank. it's a pain, you are sitting here literally dying to absorb the damage for anothing player, and then they give all the MVP votes to the sorc who pew pewed and tossed self heals when he is low.

makes it really hard to want to put my guard on pugs.

good thing i got a guild...

Yeah thats true tanks have to sacrafice himself and die among first in team pvp just to utilize full potential of shielding other players and make them live longer.

In many fights I have died but my team has won becouse of good guarding of those who take damage.

PVP Tank that utilize guard mode really need to team play more than most of classes and follow others becouse of small range of guard mode and die for others getting thanks at least once as form of mvp votes would be nice.

Don't take it so personally.

As you can see from the few answers in this thread, everyone has their own criteria on who deserves an MVP vote.

I dont but if I never get any mvp vote I am going to guard just my guild members in the future and never pugs.

This way in pug pvp I personally can live longer in fights if I rather let pug die and only focus staying alive myself as long as possible and getting as high as possible personal dps score.

Yeah thats true tanks have to sacrafice himself and die among first in team pvp just to utilize full potential of shielding other players and make them live longer.

In many fights I have died but my team has won becouse of good guarding of those who take damage.

PVP Tank that utilize guard mode really need to team play more than most of classes and follow others becouse of small range of guard mode and die for others getting thanks at least once as form of mvp votes would be nice.

i don't even think people know you are dying for them. they assume they are just awesome with their new found survivability... we don't have pretty green numbers so we don't get votes

I dont but if I never get any mvp vote I am going to guard just my guild members in the future and never pugs.

This way in pug pvp I personally can live longer in fights if I rather let pug die and only focus staying alive myself as long as possible and getting as high as possible personal dps score.

Ehm ... do you realize that guarding ppl gives you easy medals ~ same effect as mvp votes. If there is someone with 9-10 medals you can bet it's a tank.

I play a Tank I rarely die and because of that I'm able to get medals for 1k, 5k, 10k preventative damage in addition to the other normal ones (killing blow, etc).

To answer your question: YES

I occasionally get MVP because I have the most kills (which means i atleast hit a guy that ended up dying) and ZERO deaths and a ton of medals... This puts u at the top of the list at the end of the game and some people i notice just vote for whoever is on top.

I personally vote for the healers...Why?? Without them I would not be alive to get my medals = makes sense that I return the favor.

:csw_fett: Pew Pew I <3 PvP

Edited by Massyma

IMO, the only ones worthy of MVP votes are healers.

They're the ones keeping everyone's *** alive.

I'm a healer and always give MVP votes to fellow healers.

I've seen far too many healers off in the middle of nowhere helping some random useless player survive a duel while never pushing objectives, healing in situations that matter, or using CC in critical situations to complete objectives, opting instead to save them for saving their own ***.

People need to get out of the mindset that just simply healing makes you a good player worthy of admiration. Bad healers do exist in this game and they are everywhere.

Ive give my vote to the person with the highest OBJECTIVE score. That shows that they are actually doing what you are supposed to. People with high dps never get my vote all that shows is that they are more worried about kills than winning.

I also never get voted for being a tank. I protect a ton and usually get in the top 3 on my team every time. but votes seem to always go to dps i think its cause its the first stat people see in the list. This shoulld all be looked at and maybe changed.

I don't trust the objective score, I've scored 3 times before in hut ball, focusing on the objective to only receive 400 points at the end of the game for objectives. I've also done games where I've been lazy and pvp center all game to get 1200 points for doing objectives. Not sure if it works better in the other bgs, haven't played them enough, all I seem to get is hutt ball, but something isn't working in hutt ball it self for objective points.

As a tank you already get quite a few medals; more than are specific to dps or healing. You also get a number of dps medals. I am almost always the person with the top number of medals in a match. I've gone as high as 11, but I know at least 13 should be possible.

It's a nonissue. You really don't have a leg to stand on. You should already be getting the most commendations a match, 1 or 2 bonus is not going to break you.