Huttball exploitable bug

FakeShady

This guy somehow got inside the wall next to a jump pad and could shoot out but couldn't be harmed. (see last picture, "cannot see target") Please, fix this before it gets out of hand.

Oh, and the guy claimed he just fell down there but he refused to log out, let someone kill him or quit the warzone to fix the problem so yeah, still guilty in my eyes.

pics: http://imgur.com/a/e3pA4

Edited by FakeShady

Why should he leave the match and forfeit his gains because of a bug?

You say he can't be harmed but wouldn't let someone kill him. How is that not mutually exclusive?

All 3 reasons - invalid.

He couldn't be hurt when he stood like that because of line of sight but his HP went up and down so there have to be some way to hurt him.

He found a bug and exploited it in a way he was invincible, how can this now be wrong to do?

This happened yesterday in hutball when I was playing, it was 2-2 with 1 minute to go and the guy had the ball and hid in this place to wait for time to run down so they would win!!! The funniest thing was that our whole team AOE the area & killed him with 5 seconds to go so we had control of the ball & won ;)

He couldn't be hurt when he stood like that because of line of sight but his HP went up and down so there have to be some way to hurt him.

He found a bug and exploited it in a way he was invincible, how can this now be wrong to do?

He can't be hurt but he could be hurt? Why don't you try making some sense. Again, you've said two mutually exclusive things.

There's already a mechanism in place that handles something like this. If someone holds onto the ball long enough, the announcer kicks in and forces a transfer to the opposing team.

It's not like being bugged out helps the team unless they were already winning anyway. Standing inside a wall is not scoring for your team.

You are real quick to even assume malicious intent on his part. With all the bugs present in the game currently how about *YOU* prove that this was even an attempt to exploit? I have personally been rendered unable to move thanks to a bugged-out CC spell, and while it didn't happen in a wall, there was nothing I could do to fix it except leave or die. If it happened to him and he got stuck in a wall, obviously the latter would not work. Again, it is NOT his responsibility to abandon the medals, experience, credits, and valor he accumulated up to that point in the match simply because the game itself bugged out on him.

Quit crying. Fix the bug, don't attack an innocent player.

Edited by Salmissra

this has happened to me before as well, along with a ton of other people, trust me you arent exactly exploiting by getting stuck in the wall unable to do anything (you can just /stuck and it kills you and ports you to the graveyard) and if the person has the ball and gets stuck in there the ball will get reset eventually

He can't be hurt but he could be hurt? Why don't you try making some sense. Again, you've said two mutually exclusive things.

Why don't you read what I wrote one more time instead of saying it doesn't make sense. He could be hurt if he wanted to, that much is obvious when seeing hes health bar at different points each time I pass him buy, you can even see it in the pictures. I am not sure how but my guess is that he overextended and stood too far out from the wall or some AOE attack got him.

There's already a mechanism in place that handles something like this. If someone holds onto the ball long enough, the announcer kicks in and forces a transfer to the opposing team.

It's not like being bugged out helps the team unless they were already winning anyway. Standing inside a wall is not scoring for your team.

He didn't have the ball. And it gave them a big advantage as much of the fighting take place round the middle. If he wanted to help out more he could have let someone kill him instead of running inside to the middle to rest whenever he got low on HP.

You are real quick to even assume malicious intent on his part. With all the bugs present in the game currently how about *YOU* prove that this was even an attempt to exploit? I have personally been rendered unable to move thanks to a bugged-out CC spell, and while it didn't happen in a wall, there was nothing I could do to fix it except leave or die. If it happened to him and he got stuck in a wall, obviously the latter would not work. Again, it is NOT his responsibility to abandon the medals, experience, credits, and valor he accumulated up to that point in the match simply because the game itself bugged out on him.

I talked to the guy and he said something a long the lines of "lol no" when I asked him to leave/get killed. If he would have just been killed or /stuck'ed like the guy above says he wouldn't have to give up any medals, experience, credits or valor.

For me that is turning an innocent bug into a exploit. If you look up "exploit" on wikipedia you will be happy to know that this is EXACTLY what it says there.

"An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers."

Edited by FakeShady

this has happened to me before as well, along with a ton of other people, trust me you arent exactly exploiting by getting stuck in the wall unable to do anything (you can just /stuck and it kills you and ports you to the graveyard) and if the person has the ball and gets stuck in there the ball will get reset eventually

But he killed people ._.

So much whining in almost every thread! The game has lots of bugs. I was half in the floor and invisible and couldn't be attacked unless I attack them. When I attacked I would pop out but go invis again if I stopped. Guess I deserve a ban.

This guy somehow got inside the wall next to a jump pad and could shoot out but couldn't be harmed. (see last picture, "cannot see target") Please, fix this before it gets out of hand.

Oh, and the guy claimed he just fell down there but he refused to log out, let someone kill him or quit the warzone to fix the problem so yeah, still guilty in my eyes.

That has actually happened to me. So yes when he said he fell though that's exactly what happened. How ever after a short period (maybe a minute or so) of actively trying to escape that area and pass the ball, I just auto died. Its more of a bug vs an exploit. While extremely annoying there wasn't anything to be done about it. Just report the bug and move along.

Edited by bamills

He shouldn't be punished twice if it truly was accidental. It's just one match, chill out.

If you get stuck inside the wall in hutball you type /stuck

I have gotten stuck there many times. If you keep shooting people you are exploiting. When I got stuck in there with the ball I threw it away.

All you need to do is type /stuck

Often you will not even die when useing /stuck. Though it did kill me 1 time.