Loophole with Warzone token turn ins

carrylot

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol I said It was a noob move from the first post. You act like I came in posting it was a game breaking bug. I was just stating that it should be more clear what you need to do with exchanging and what you need to buy certain items. It was my first time pvping and It wasn't clear at all to me which tokens were needed for what. Then you have battlemaster gear etc with other tokens that are needed, still have no clue which tokens those are. Appreciate all the trolling tho, wouldn't except any less from here.

Your first mistake was not thinking ,reading, and researching what commendations buy "X" armor type. Your second mistake was coming in our house, and crying that you are gonna cancel your sub if they don't refund you.

I get it, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. But have you ever thought that the tallest blade of grass gets cut first?

Food for thought? Idk.

Read next time.Don't (assume) ***ume because it makes an *** out of U and ME

It was my first time doing PVP . Why don't they put a system in where that can't even happen to begin with? Having the whole token conversion crap is stupid and misleading. Say whatever you want, that was the first retarded mistake I have made since I started playing this game. I can guarantee you the same thing has happened to other people. Why would they make it possible to convert tokens to nothing?

I hate to say this but if you turn on a kettle to heat water, it can get hot.

hahahahaha!

lol it is possible ******* because of a diminishing returns system. world pvp vs battleground pvp. if there wasnt a diminished returns then ppl would not bother with world pvp, only battleground pvp and swap the tokens....

they did it on wow, and i presume every other mmo...

DUH!

PS: hahahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!!

I haven't done world PVP yet.....

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

The PVP system blows to begin with. They should of just stuck with a WoW style reward system for gear. Even seeing what I did wrong now I still believe it would of been much easier to just have everything be on one value tier. Gear costing a certain amount of warzone tokens per. They had to throw in all the random loot bags, exchange tokens, etc and if you read this forum area you will see a majority of people hating on it because it sucks when comparing it to WoW.

No, you will see a majority of this forum hating on it. Which represents a minute proportion of the games playerbase.

Assuming that the forum gives an accurate percentage of players feelings is your 2nd silly mistake. Forums are just a circle jerk area where complainers can thrive and think because 10 threads are made on the same subject by 10 different people, that the other 999,990 subs in the game must feel the same way. When in reality they all just came here to complain because that's where people come to complain. Everybody else is busy enjoying and playing the game.

You can convert between the two because they have different sources; Warzone from warzones, Mercenary from open-world (I don't think this is in yet). I believe the 10 Mercenary commendation chests on Tattooine got removed with the resource nodes, though they could still be there.

and this is why i support natural selection

let the good die old and the stupid die fast

So pipes the man that started a sentence with "and", didn't capitalize anything that should have been, and failed to use any punctuation. Glass houses are such fragile things.

I didn't do the same mistake (i can read) but he is right. Is illogical and dangerous. After a session of warzones when i go to the vendor i always have to check what commendations do i buy. Not only that they are on sale (for what purpose it eludes me, is idiotic at best) but they do look alike, so easy to mistake one from another if you are in a hurry.

oh noes someone can't make a mistake in a game and take the consequences? ALERT TEH INTERNET, everything should be easy and bright colors while we hold hands and run across rainbows!!!!

mistakes happen, people learn from them...hopefully

Answer my question. Why would they have that conversion system there then. Why would they even make it possible to trade mercenary for lower tokens.

Because your were supposed to be able to get mercenary commendation from world pvp (illum/den) which i think is currently not possible , guess people were abusing the system.

This way people who were doing world pvp would have been able to get the wz commendations and ofc the other way around.

Edited by Bubalous

Mercenary commendations are not higher or lower than WZ commendations. The system is in place so that players who only farm one aspect of PvP (WZs or open-world) have to spend more time at their chosen aspect to achieve a reward intended to come from both aspects.

The problem right now is that open-world PvP is pointless and rewardless, but that's irrelevant here.

OP needs to realize he did something stupid and learn to laugh at himself. Or not, I don't care--OP is also a crybaby.

So I am a noob. I see I can turn in tokens for mercenary tokens. I see it costs 30 mercenary tokens for 10 warzone tokens so I trade in 90 warzone tokens to get 30 mercenary. Then I go and buy the 10 warzone with the 30 mercenary tokens. I went from have 500 tokens at the start to 10 of each at the end. I was thinking I was trading up for something better and now have nothing to show from a couple hours of PVP. Why in the hell would Bioware even allow this to be possible? Lvl 43 commando not re subbing after this crap. Give me my tokens back Bioware or I am done. Shouldn't be possible to trade in your tokens and end up with nothing because of a retarded token exchange.

Edit-This describes the scenario perfectly as posted by another user- "I just thought i'd share my current mental image of a scoundrel with a funny lookin hat strolling up to the pvp vendor. seeing stuff that he could buy and other stuff that he couldnt, randomly clicking on things he can buy, soon enough though he wants to see what all his random clicking has done for him. he then opens up the satchel that was thrown across his shoulder and discovers its empty...completely enraged he throws his hat on the ground and grabs the pvp vendor by the throat sticking a gun in his face, demanding he be reimbursed for the retarded token exchange."

Sincerely hope you're a troll, because if you're not... then... oh God, I can't even be that mean.

Why should he quit? Because he said he would.

I don't think that posting that he made a stupid mistake (i.e. didn't read) was his problem. The issue is that he did the "ZOMG - worst game in the world! Refund me or I quit!" when the problem was that he did something stupid.

So after 10 or so PVP games I end with 450 warzone tokens and zero merc tokens. Why would you ever need to convert merc to warzone tokens. Wouldn't you trade up to the exact merc amount you need and stop? My point is I thought the tokens offered to buy on there were both higher value then what I got from the pvp matches. I think it is stupid they would allow someone to exchange tokens back and forth to zero.

Dude, just stop. Just because you cannot grasp potential scenarios other than your own, doesn't mean that those scenarios don't exist.

That must have confused you. I'll try to make it simple.

People who play A LOT of PvP will accumulate a lot of Warzone commendations. The cap is 1000. Most people can reach 1000 Warzone commendations very quickly. It's very possible to convert all your WZ commendations to 1000 Merc tokens without any problem and still accumulate 1000 WZ coms.

Lets fast forward and assume you've bought a ton of stuff and used up a lot of WZ Coms. Now lets assume there's one more item you wanted to buy that takes 200 WZ coms and 200 Mercs.

Lets say that at this point you have 500 mercs and 180 WZ. Well, do you want to wait in q for another round of PvP, or do you want to just take a few Merc points and convert them to WZ and get the item now? I also believe there's another way to get Merc tokens instead of converting them, but I'm not high level enough yet to confirm that.

It's definitely not something that is commonly done, but it is there for that purpose.

There, your question is answered. Now please stop. You really aren't helping yourself here.

Edited by Lazorous

LOL epic thread

guy randomly buys stuff without reading and comes on the forums with threats of quiting over 500 tokens which can be made in about 5 warzones or so...

actually this might be a troll thread and we all just fed him 7 pages

Hey, threads back alive :p can i just say i totally understand how the system works now, however the first time i had collected around 500 WZ marks i did the same thing as what's his face did but i know it's 100% my fault for not paying attention and nothing to do with the system, the system is brilliant i think, what's his face saying it should just be a single currency for it like WoW needs to realise that system is stupidly easy and out of date.

Peace!