Why didn't you pre-order earlier? (Not a QQ)

Blood_Burger

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Because i didnt rly pay attention to this game until November, iam SO SORRY. And now iam punished for that by having 2 or 3 days EA while these guys are already LvL 40 on day 2...come on... i wouldve rather fight for a mob with 10000 people like in WoW first day.

I wouldn't prefer to fight with a mob on first Day.

I'm really glad that I pre-ordered the first few hours that ordering was made available (afair) and I'm in smoothly and leveling out of the starter zones.

Red Zone...no retail launch. I wanted to buy it retail . However in Nov i'm smacked when the retailer says it expects the launch to be in March.

Didn't want to go with Origin > more expensive + IT'S ORIGIN (i hate it to hell).

Finally pre-ordered when I got the money on my credit card.

1) Wasn't sure if i would buy SWTOR at all, not until there was a release date, NDA was lifted and I got into the stresstest beta weekend to try out the game myself (and even then, the game does have issues and not really any gamebreaking features. Will probably buy GW2 once it come out as well. And D3. SWTOR basically got the *old* version of WoW-talent trees, the same target-lock-button-smash combat and a quest-system with go there, kill 10 of them and come back that we all seen before. Voice acting and multiplayer dialog are great though(!))

2) Didn't know about the pre-launch would be related to when i pre-order my game (never seen that one before tbh).

3) Was happy spending lots of game time on battlefield 3. Then MW3 a few days after that. And over 100 hours playing Skyrim weeks to follow after that.

4) Once I did preorder i never recive a pre-order key. I had to file a ticket a ticket (however, when they finally realized their competitors send out pre-order key when you preorder they got scared and send out pre-order keys w/in a few hours - they also send out the retial box so you would recive it by the 13th - i have it on my desk as i type). So entering the pre-order key was a bit late because of this as well.

5) I work. Got a spouse. And kids. Don't really have time to play the game until the 16th. Hope everyone get in by the 15th. Or very least the 16th. No matter how late you pre-ordered.

Australian, didn't want to preorder if they were going to lock off the oceanic region and was hoping that they would give us some information about when it was being released out here, did not redeem code till the 9th, I'm more concerned that blaspheming is censored, I'd rather have stars then god damn(sorry bioware i have to remember where you guys live).

I didn't know whether the game would be region locked until maybe a month ago. I followed the game a lot but was outside the US for work so I didn't know if I'd even be able to play.

When I got into beta I looked into it, they said it wouldn't be region locked, tried it out, of course they were lying, and so I stopped paying attention again. Then recently the region lock became a non-issue, so I preordered.

Australian - was waiting for information on wether or not I could buy an amazon copy and still get to play.

Oh and spent some time rather upset with being called a redzoner when I thought our countries were military allies.

Basically - all my own fault.

I was having my hand and wrist tendons redone in July and gaming was not a list of concerns at the time even though it was a big hobby etc.

Okay, you win!

I didn't have the money to set aside, myself. Btw, does anyone know if they stated your invite to early access would depend on when you redeemed your code when pre-orders were announced? I'm sure I didn't hear anything about it.

yeah i also was a bit sceptical abaut an EA game i realy dislike EA games they are all about the money and dont have anny feel for ART or for customer satisfaction all they care about are the numbers.

so i waited till i was certainly i would play it that was 11 nov

also wanted to know the release date befor i pre orderd

Edited by TheDarkflame

i preordered when i felt like it, this bullcrap "staggered" lingo wasnt thought up till well after. in the early weeks of preorder, the term was just "up to 5 days"...

didn't say anything about others getting ahead of you so far that economy and pvp balance would be whack...

anybody claiming the "staggered" lingo was from the start is a liar and needs to back it up cause i suspect ALOT more peeps would have raged long before this week had they knew about it.

early access language was kept vague just enough not to raise questions as to HOW?

I preordered and have access (playing right now). However, my family/friends have multiple accounts that are not in the EGA period yet (bought October-December).

I think there is an argument to be made (and that was made by my friend) that game developers let people down so often, that preordering a game 5-6 months in advance doesn't make sense. A person may want to see the game is in a state in which they support more fully before committing to a preorder and that period is likely 2 and no more than 3 months or so before release.

In a way, it wasn't necessarily the most thoughtful players that got early access, but the most reckless (this includes me, but I love Star Wars :p ).

Edited by Xyrloc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.