Wipe all servers, launch on dec 15h as planned open to ALL players

SinisterWarlock

To be fair to everyone, wipe the servers clean, fresh start for all, and begin on the 15th as originally planned.

Dec 15th servers open as planned, except all preorders are given access. This is the best way to solve this trainwreck of an early access.

This is the ONLY chance Bioware has to redeem itself, else go down in gaming history among the epic fails, and this one is true darwin launch. In order to prevent a situation where a lot of players are unable to play due being in server queues, they created a system that left the vast majority of players STUCK IN QUEUES with unknown wait times, waiting for their game access to be turned on. They've chosen by far the greater of two evils.

And when dec 20th comes around, with the current system they're probably going to end up with queues and server crashing anyway. How dumb.

Edited by SinisterWarlock

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1.75 million people all log in on 15th of december, nice.

servers would crash and can break them which did on occassions, happen during the BETA stress testing.

queues would be insane.

everybody who got in to the game, would be fighting for mobs with thousands of people being in the starter zones.

Even as someone not yet in I say a server wipe would be the most horrible idea, with distastrous PR repercussions. It's even worse than not doing anything about the exploiters at all, because it hurts the majority of honest people who have done nothing wrong.

To be fair to everyone, wipe the servers clean, fresh start for all, and begin on the 15th as originally planned.

That wouldn't be fair to everyone at all. The 200,000 people who got in all get their characters wiped without warning? Yeah, that sounds great.

Dec 15th servers open as planned, except all preorders are given access. This is the best way to solve this trainwreck of an early access.

This is the ONLY chance Bioware has to redeem itself, else go down in gaming history among the epic fails, and this one is true darwin launch. In order to prevent a situation where a lot of players are unable to play due being in server queues, they created a system that left the vast majority of players STUCK IN QUEUES with unknown wait times, waiting for their game access to be turned on. They've chosen by far the greater of two evils.

And when dec 20th comes around, with the current system they're probably going to end up with queues and server crashing anyway. How dumb.

This is no "epic fail". Do you not think BW anticipated all this "not fair" non-sense? This was CLEARLY spelled out to everyone who pre-ordered. In 2 weeks people will remember this as successful and no one will admit to being a nerd rager.

1.75 million people all log in on 15th of december, nice.

servers would crash and can break them which did on occassions, happen during the BETA stress testing.

queues would be insane.

everybody who got in to the game, would be fighting for mobs with thousands of people being in the starter zones.

Because every single person who ordered the game will all log in at the exact same time, right? You never get more than about 20% of players on even at peak times, 10% of subscribers online at a time is the average for mmorpgs.

Good idea professor. Im sure they'll get right on it.

I don't want to undo others' time invested, regardless of how I feel about how they've handled it. This would be a bad idea.

This! whilst the more I think about it, I think EGA is a bad idea (regardless of when I preordered FYI!) because of how it is alienating friends from levelling together in an *mmorpg*. I do not wish to make it so that other peoples time invested was wasted.

Bioware has been telling everyone about the staggered early access since we were able to pre-order. It is your own fault if you did not read it. And I didn't read it...but missing out on 2-3 days of early access will not stop you from doing anything in the game. All the first people to hit 50 will be doing level 50 instances, and then they will wait for their friends to catch up with them so they can raid.