Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I pre-ordered in Sept. Sounds like people who pre-ordered in July are still not in. Can we get any type of indication whether or not I will have a chance of entering today? I set my alarm to wake up for early access, and I would like to go back to sleep if I know I'm not getting in today.

I see my posting of:

July = 13TH

Aug = 14TH

Sept = 15TH

Oct = 16TH

Nov = 17TH

Dec = 18th

Resulting in people doing EXACTLY what would be expected when dates are posted. They whine like children that its not right because X and Y got in and the E-Mail nitpicking.

This is why BW will not post dates for consumption with a community made up of fools.

I doubt, highly doubt they do it like this.

The middle months actually had lower pre-orders. It's important for them to get people in the game and not jack around like this. If they do that it is a massive fail of 'Early Access'

I can't believe how big of cowards and complete wusses Bioware is being. Are they really THAT scared there servers will crash? With 100 up already? I mean jesus christ, look at Rifts launch.

Rifts early game access launched, and almost immediately, 1,000,000 people were trying to log in all at once. To counter this, Rift started cramming out new servers fast to adequately deal with all of these people. Hey, things leveled out, everything worked, and no server crashes (that i remember, its been a while, but i'm pretty sure there wasn't). Then they offered free server xfers once a week later on so that friends who didnt get to roll on the same servers got a chance to hook back up. It all worked out swimmingly, and they are still pretty successful.

Enter you, Bioware, who, with your extremely shoddy management and poorly advertised "Early Game Access", have pretty much tripped over a branch whilst trying to walk down the path of MMOs, instead of trying to start with a jog. Hell, you already have a leg up on Rift with 50 US and 50 EU servers ready to roll, with the capability of making more.

And then you thank us for patience and "helping you warm-up the servers"? I'm pretty sure we did that already with that beta weekend. Please proceed to grow a pair and actually let us into the game. We have waited long enough.

No it didn't. Rift had somewhere over 500,000 pre-orders but not 1,000,000. Second, those servers they added hastily? They experienced a population drop shortly after release. The people on those servers started quitting because there was hardly anyone to group with. Hardly anyone to pvp with. They had to drop those servers because they became ghost towns and they already lost more people for those servers being empty in the first place.

Yes they added free server transfer but not right away. Also not all servers crashed but a few did go down every now and then. Then there was all the crying about people camping certain spawns and quest objects, complaints about the lag, and more.

As for the people saying they had 29,000 pre-orders or whatever in the first 1-3 days.. VGchartz only calculates PHYSICAL NA pre-orders. Not all pre-orders were done physically and not all retailers gave off their statistics early on.

Edited by Rhyltran

HERE'S HOW MUCH EARLY ACCESS TIME YOU WILL GET!

People redeeming there code bewteen:

July-August: 7 days

August-Septemper: 6 days

September-October: 5 days

October-November: 4 days

November-December: 3 days

December 1-5: 2 days

December 5-10: 1 day

Well the front page says: Pre-Order NOW and get up to 5 day early access. Lets do some math here. 20 - 5 = 15. So EVERYONE will be in by the 15th regardless. If not then they are lying to make a dime.

"Up to" lol not "at least" >_>

Well the front page says: Pre-Order NOW and get up to 5 day early access. Lets do some math here. 20 - 5 = 15. So EVERYONE will be in by the 15th regardless. If not then they are lying to make a dime.

They say UP TO 5 days of Early Game access. Not guaranteed 5 days

They haven't. I asked Stephen this on Twitter the other day...

Rockjaw Stephen Reid

@

@niijonodhg Afraid not, but at the volume we're planning it should not make a huge difference. We have to be fair to all.

This was just as much their screw-up as Games, they did not make it clear to Game that the codes had to be sent at the time of ordering.

@Rockjaw

Stephen Reid

@erlang85 We had a LOT of pre-orders on Day One.

According to vgchartz.com you had a bit over 19k pre-orders between the 21st and 23rd, and 99k the following week. I realize that you don't want to open the flood gates, but stating that you had a massive number of pre-orders on day one seems disingenuous.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40755/USA/

These are just the pre orders from physical pre orders, not digital.

I can't imagine how many pre orders where made in the first hours when it was released. People where pre ordering it per digital more than physical in the first time.

Bioware, you are being overly cautious. The three people in my guild already playing on Legions of Lettow server are running around in empty zones, literally a dozen people in Hutta starter zone. They all pre-ordered on the 21st, time to start opening this us a bit and get those starter zones halfway busy or this is going to be an exercise in frustration for those of us who ordered a few days later.

I am starting to wish I hadn't come to the forum, due to the inflated number of "entitled people". I accept and understand that anything before 20th Decmeber is a bonus, even if I personally end up waiting a day or two past my friends. Bonus is bonus.

However this post makes a reasonable case for them to examine the server loads and ramp up if appropriate. Chod makes his point reasonably and succintly.

Well done mate. An oasis of class in a desert of drivel.

Enter you, Bioware, who, with your extremely shoddy management and poorly advertised "Early Game Access", have pretty much tripped over a branch whilst trying to walk down the path of MMOs, instead of trying to start with a jog. Hell, you already have a leg up on Rift with 50 US and 50 EU servers ready to roll, with the capability of making more.

How was the early access poorly advertised? You were one of those people that read "up to 5 days", but somehow missed UP TO?

So in other words...

If im understanding this right...

Pending on the traffic and server stability of the current waves...

Next wave invites will be based on the previous wave stability?

correct!

As this is not really a launch, I can agree with the great wisdom in doing it this way... I've been at Star Wars Galaxies, WoW, Warhammer, Guild Wars Launch and they have all been absolutely horrible.. This way a lot of instability will be avoided and the game experience for those in the game will be much better.

What I would love is to see the graph of pre-order code activations so we can estimate for ourselves how long we must wait ^^ .. As now we got a great spike in july and then it smoothes out, but the graph would be epic to behold ^^.. And also knowing how big each wave is could be nice info