Problems binding to the ` key

Jazzlok

Hey everyone, I was hoping you could help me out. As usual, I'm playing the game and all of my regular key bindings begin to fill up. Everything was going fine, I was loving the game, but needed more key bindings, so I decided to try and use the ` key (the key next to the number 1 and TAB keys on most QWERTY keyboards).

I've used this button as a hotkey in so many games before, as I'm sure many of you have, but for some reason the game isn't registering it? At first I blamed the keyboard, but as you can see the button works fine out of game (`````````````````````````````). If it's bound to something else already I've yet to work it out, when trying to bind it I can press the button as many times as I like but the game will still ask me to select a key.

There's probably some simple explanation for this, but for the life of me I've spent 30 minutes searching through forum posts, blogs and tech support websites to discover the problem and I can't. Any ideas?

Much appreciated, I need it as my stealth button on my Operative :)

Notice: This is on a BRITISH keyboard.

Edited by Jazzlok

Hey everyone, I was hoping you could help me out. As usual, I'm playing the game and all of my regular key bindings begin to fill up. Everything was going fine, I was loving the game, but needed more key bindings, so I decided to try and use the ` key (the key next to the number 1 and TAB keys on most QWERTY keyboards).

I've used this button as a hotkey in so many games before, as I'm sure many of you have, but for some reason the game isn't registering it? At first I blamed the keyboard, but as you can see the button works fine out of game (`````````````````````````````). If it's bound to something else already I've yet to work it out, when trying to bind it I can press the button as many times as I like but the game will still ask me to select a key.

There's probably some simple explanation for this, but for the life of me I've spent 30 minutes searching through forum posts, blogs and tech support websites to discover the problem and I can't. Any ideas?

Much appreciated, I need it as my stealth button on my Operative :)

I would also like to be able to bind this key, don't see any reason why its disabled.

Just to clarify I'm using a British keyboard and my \ key next to left shift opens the ticket window. The ` key next to 1 and above tab does nothing.

Ok, I am using the keyboard that god intended people to use. ;)

Where is this key located on an english keyboard anyway? It's located almost directly above enter for me, so I can't see why anyone would ever use this bind, on a swedish keyboard, that is.

??????

Just to clarify I'm using a British keyboard and my \ key next to left shift opens the ticket window. The ` key next to 1 and above tab does nothing.
Edited by Sparckus

It is bound to the bug ticket reporting system and cannot currently be unbound.

On mine, the \ key is bound to that....which I'm accustomed to using for selcted myself, and it aggravates me to no end that one of my consistent keybindings has to be changed because of this.

Silly BioWare stealing our key bindings ^^

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll try to work something out (I'm on a British keyboard so the backslash is also my bug ticket system, so one of the workarounds suggested should help).

BioWare also took over the "\" key in the game, too. Players can 'not' bind the backslash key. It pulls up the ticket system.

AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE CTRL BUG IN THE GAME! ARGH!

You mean the one where if you Ctrl + 1, 2 or 3 or anynumber quickly your sound turns off or your character will autorun with no way to stop it?

You mean the ~ key to the left of "1"? Im able to rebind it just fine, Ive got it set to Autorun.

Edit: And what CTRL bug lol? I use CTRL1-3 all the time for companion control and Ive never had it make me autorun or mess up my sound.

Edited by Achromatis

This, so many times this.

Please allow those of us using proper keyboards (That's UK English for you philistines out there) to bind the ` key. It's a keybinding I have always used.

Additionally, get rid of the ticket button. It's not needed.

This, so many times this.

Please allow those of us using proper keyboards (That's UK English for you philistines out there) to bind the ` key. It's a keybinding I have always used.

Additionally, get rid of the ticket button. It's not needed.

This. For people from the US the post stated this is on UK keyboards, ` is to the left of 1 and is not bindable, also \ is to the left of z and is hardcoded to tickets. This is on UK keyboards.

Both really need to be changed. I've died too many times looking at a customer support ticket window in front of my screen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.