On a 1-10 scale, how happy are you with PvP?

JSusie

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 out of 10.

Still has class balance issues but then most MMOs struggle with this one. A complete lack of faction balance and no apparent interest in addressing it will have huge impact upon PvP going forward. Eventually the enough of the under dog side is going to either quit or re-roll to the dominate side and there will not be any faction base PvP left to have.

5/10.

I've played a range of classes to 50 now. I think Warzones are ok, but could do with some improvements (Rated Warzones and better matchmaking for Premades).

There needs to be more variation, currently Warzones are your only option to really fight other players. Ilum is still only used for farming the daily/weekly quests, and is pretty much a joke.

Warzones are not everyones idea of fun, and to be honest, they don't really change much from 10-50, other than better gear to make higher numbers on your screen.

I love PvP, but this game doesn't really have PvP. It's a minigame that they have added on as an afterthought.

8/10. I'm having a great time!

They need to fix the animations / ability lag fast. So many bads QQing about perceived class imbalance when there are still bugs with abilities going off. How can you judge balance under such conditions? You cant. Period.

5/10

The Warzone maps are great, and the zones themselves are a lot of fun. Huttball is simply amazing! Most fun map I've ever played in an MMO, by a longshot.

Ilum is god awful, just remove the PVP area of the planet until it's fixed. Capping the number of players will not be enough, there needs to be a 1:1 queueing system for the zone or faction imbalance will always dominate. Remember when WoW tried to fix Wintergrasp by capping the sides? Remember when that didn't work because sides were still uneven? Remember how the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Outlaw's Den. Do people even go to this place? On my server I was able to run around solo collecting Commendation Boxes until they took them out. I hear they're back now, but I see no reason to ever go here.

Class balance needs to be looked at. It's pretty close to right, but not quite there. Still curious why the Sage/Sorc gets so much utility by level 14 and the Knight/Warrior (either AC but especially Guardian/Jugg) is darn near unplayable in PVP until about 32.

DPS casts should not complete when a character is not facing their target. This alone would bring melee up to par with ranged, and eliminate most of the Tracer/Grav spam superstars WITHOUT actually nerfing the ability itself!

Guard is an amazing ability, but it's too good in the hands of a skilled player. May want to consider toning the redirected damage down to 25% or 33% from 50% That's still a huge boost, but a good Tank/Healer combo can hold a note indefinitely largely because of Guard.

The medal system is broken and easily gamed, see any number of internet sites showing you how to easily get a healing medal before the match begins on any class. Tanks also have a large advantage in Medal farming due to how easy it is to gain Protection medals (see above, Guard is a bit too good).

No objectives that are tracked at the end of the match. No stat tracking for who scored in Huttball? Really? Or who disarmed bombs or planted them in Voidstar? How was this left out?

Bolster is great, but change the minimum queue level for PVP to 14 or 15. At this point characters have Sprint some core skills and a few talent points to throw around. Level 10s in Warzones are all but worthless. Overall though, I much prefer the 1-49 Bolset way of handling low level PVP to having multiple tiered brackets. Allows you to always play with friends and keeps the queues fast regardless of your level.

Expertise is actually fine, if you put the level 50 Blue Expertise set back in the game. Seriously, who in the hell decided to remove those sets? The rage over fresh 50 PVP would be all but gone from this one simple fix. Not even a fix, you had it right originally then decided to change it. Terrible decision.

The PVP bags need to go. If PVP gear is going to be a grind then make it a grind. Don't make it a grind with some RNG sprinkled in. This isn't PVE or Raiding, and people aren't as stupid as you think. This system actually makes the grind less tolerable than if you just set each item as a set amount of Cent/Cham/BM commendations.

Resolve bar should fill just a bit faster than it does currently. There's far too much CC being thrown around even with the Resolve mechanic. Also, Roots should contribute to Resolve. Snares still should not. Roots are currently treated as 100% Snares, so they will work regardless of the amount of Resolve a target has. I can't see that as being intentional.

Overall, some great PVP ideas, but the amount of mistakes being repeated by BioWare that other companies have made (or the same company in the case of EA) is staggering. It's apparent that this is a company new to MMOs and PVP balance/implementation. I'm willing to give it some time to get sorted out, but if things aren't considerably better by the time I'm done with all 8 class stories, I can't see myself sticking around.

Edited by Tenthletter