On a 1-10 scale, how happy are you with PvP?

JSusie

I would rate the pvp 2/10. I would have given it a 1 but the xp and credits you get even from a loss usually make it on par with a quest of the same level. I have used to as a leveling tool on my alts when I did not want to run all the side quests. It does seem to me that the pvp in this game was most certainly an after thought and one that did not see much if any playetesting.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ilum = 0/10

Warzones = 6/10

Ilum they need to implement some ideas from Warhammer. Not this collect 30 armaments and go in circles for a couple of hours. Its really no different from flipping the checkpoints.

It was a blast until i hit 50. It is still fun when a good match is going on. But now I sit in Warzone queue for a couple of hours waiting for one match. And when it finally comes to go fight, people just up and quit when they die or loose. A whole guild did that when they did not get middle turret right away and died. Kind of wished there were reprucusions for desertion.

The deal breaker is that silly ability delay/animation break which i hope gets fixed within the next few weeks. Kind of defeating to almost beat a guy when you animation starts breaking or the ability is not firing properly. that part breaks it for me :(

Also need more warzones :)

Depends on which toon I am playing.

2/10 on my gunslinger. Every fight is an uphill challenge for me. I didn't realize how group based the AC was so that one is on me. It will be gathering dust for a while.

7/10 on my vanguard (which excels for me when I am solo or grouped), but I foresee that going up as the kinks with pvp in general get work out.

1/10

Gabe needs to be fired and they need to get someone in who truly understands just how valuable a PvP base is to a game's longevity.

Lol have you seen their latest video of coming features? They claim PVP is an important part of SWTOR. They are completly clueless to what they are doing.

Gabe will be kicked to the curb when this game tanks badly in a few months. My predicition is it wont even have 300k subscribers in Q2.

I will never, ever buy another game from Bioware or EA.

Edited by Radiozo

PvP below 50:

7/10. I'd give a 8.5/10 if they fix the ability delay issue and some crucial bugs.

After that, there are still design oversights that make certain builds and abilities too cheap under certain circumstances. I won't talk about them and I'm not going to use them.

-----------------

Currently, I don't have a level 50 toon, and I don't plan to PvP with a level 50 toon either.

I personally think the current level 50 PvP + gear progression system is doomed to failure, both in WoW and in TOR.

4/10

Im only level 48, so ive been to Ilum, and it was awful but i wasnt 50 so scrap my opinion. WZ's have the possibility of being fun, except the alderaan, just a yawn fest. How ability delay wasnt brought up during beta.... I mean for the people that played it didnt you say anything or did BW not listen or just shoot out a game where the SECOND you use an ability you see it...? So ya, the ability delay and imbalance issues ruin it for me.

I'm at about a 3/10.

On a good day, I would give 4. So many other posts on the flaws so I'll save that and say the game has promise and is not beyond fixing. But a botch fix or two probably wont't cut it. Although removing all the annoying small issues would be a start.

Well, I don't really have a pro computer, but enough to play the most game'a without lagg. At pvp I am lagging :/ If they could fix all the pvp gltiches that appears and if they could make it able to lower the graphics and effects it would be great. Also when you meet any kind of healer, just give up you have no chance at all. More warzones would also be cool, and more gear (like ALL sith marauders looks exactly same, so does all the other classes. I don't Think the bonuses should change, but more gear of almost same bonus)

2/10 so far

I'd give it a 7/10.

Huttball has really grown on me. I get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

My server seems balanced, I win about half the games.

I have not had any issues with long queue times pre-50.

The objectives are moderately engaging, I mean it's no different from WoW's casual PVP system really.

I would appreciate it more if zones had fewer moving parts but were optimized for performance. I have had no issues in AV turtles in WoW where there were 40+ players on my screen, but these WZ's lag terribly for me at times, even after disabling many of my computer's cosmetic features.

When I stun someone in the middle of the fire and they warp to safety but are still stunned, its annoying. It happens a lot and not just to me.

Resolve needs tweaking.

I would like to beta test some kind of death match game. First team to 50 or 100 kills maybe. I'm not sure if that's been tried and it gets old but when Hutt Ball desolves into a frenetic game of smear the BC, and the ball never leaves the middle, I enjoy that a lot.

before 50, I'm a 7/10 on warzones, and a 1/10 on world pvp.

at 50, I'm a 1/10 on warzones, and a 1/10 on world pvp.

The problem in level 50 warzones is that they allowed a ton of people to exploit broken systems, and then let them keep their gear. Now the 50 bracket is overrun by battlemasters, while the rest of us need to die our way to better gear in order to have any prayer of being competitive.

1/10

Lag Lag Lag Lag Lag

I can deal with all the other crap, the RNG gear system(I am almost full champion,took forever but whatever), the crappy WZs and the slight class imbalances. I can deal with all of that....

I cannot deal with not being able to perform my characters abilites, having 70ms and not being able to use my character is unnacceptable. I quit aion for this and have recently quit going to Illum and running WZs because of this...

I know my system is a little old but it runs 3 wow clients flawlessly....

Amd Phenom 9950 Quad-core 2.6ghz 8gb Ram 64bit OS GTX260 vid card

11mbps down 1.35mbps up Internet connection

All Drivers up to date

I should have no problems but alas I do....UNACCEPTABLE!

I'm at about a 3/10.

Having about 1/4 of my matches count for nothing due to a bug is annoying. The bolster system is not working. Certain classes/professions are leaps and bounds ahead of others. Huttball is a nuisance (and I'm Republic). How can you call it a "War"zone when you're playing a game with a ball vs the same faction as yours. Playing the champion bag lotto is not a good way of gearing up. Pugs vs Premades are bad, and so is the fact I can only queue with 3 other people. Ilum is an absolute joke, where PvP gets in the way of getting PvP gear. The "fixes" they have in store for the planet will not change anything.

However...

The map layouts are nice. When you get two teams that are more or less equal it can lead to some very entertaining matches (when they count anyways).

0. Tank stacking is stupid.

Only one melee is viable in premade vs premade after 1.1.1 (assassin/shadow). They offer the best lockdown on a healer, ranged stuns and guard/taunt all that matters.

Ranged classes are too simple and boring to play.

Sage/Sorc is a direct ripoff of a vanilla shadow priest (when people were clickers and could do well) except simpler. You don't have to shift in and out of shadow form. Current Shadowpriest in WoW requires twice the skill.

Bh/Commando is a arcane mage with heavy armor and, no interupt (this taking any skill out of the class, because that was about the only "skill" thing you had to do on an arcane mage) and a ranged stun.

Three AC's make up almost all the players in this game, are on one faction, and cry non stop to get lesser played specs nerfed and not just nerfed...nerfed to the ground.

Bioware refuses to post metrics (because they have none) or put in a dmg meter/combat log, because it would show how bad class balance is. They are nerfing specs that already sucked in pve, just because they counter the most played class in the game.

WoW without diminishing returns, ranged that are too easy to play, and a mechanic (guard/taunt) which slows pvp down to a standstill and makes it neither fun, nor twitchy.

If they were going to copy a game, at least make it as bad as the one you are copying, not leaps and bounds worse (shocked that they accomplished that).

Oh add to all this, the game comes to a standstill, because the game engine sucks on good computers in anything more then 8 vs 8 pvp and even that is not very smooth.

I rank Hello adventure kitty island above this game in pvp.

Edited by biowareftw

Ilum Rating - 0. This is the best they could come up with? Really? It was a joke before because of how easy it was, and how each faction would cooperate with each other. It's even more of a joke in it's current state because it's absolutely DEAD. I have not been able to complete my weekly or daily for a while now because there is almost nobody to kill. I also don't feel like hunting for boxes on the ground. This is PvP? I think the devs need to really think of a solution instead of a bandaid fix (a wet bandaid apparently) .

Warzone Rating - 5. Ability lag needs to be fixed ASAP. This has always been my biggest gripe with the game in general. I don't know how many times I've used Ravage and had to watch the animation only for it to not go off. It's happened to me 3 times in a row a few times. I'm also not sure why it takes Gore and Rupture so long to go off. They are supposed to be instant, yet it always takes multiple key presses for them to go off.

I feel the maps are kinda bland and somewhat cheesy looking. I also don't need to hear NPCs talking in my PvP (HUTBALL!). I also feel the sound effects in the WZ are annoying as hell. The lasers or whatever sound like they're broken. I had to shut off my ambient and voice sounds to make it more enjoyable.

PvP Gear System rating - 2. Surprisingly I got luckier than I usually do with RNG in this game. Still, I am not a fan of RNG for PvP. I have multiple broken items that I can't do jack with. It also takes a long time to save up enough commendations for Centurian gear.

My last complaint (which is not directly connected to PvP, but which I notice the most in PvP) is the error messages in the middle of the screen. We need a way to disable this. I do not need to see a bunch of red text covering my screen when I spam abilities. The fact that some of my "instant" abilities take so long to connect is another reason for seeing this.

I have actually enjoyed the Ilum lately. Most likely cause I play on a fairly balanced server. It is actually the best pvp experience so far for me in this game and nets 6/10. Its exitening.

Warzones are old. 2/10. Skilless.

Duels 1/10. There is no dueling area on the fleet, or is it?

Implement arenas already.

Typing this on a pvp thread 0.5/10.

PvP in ToR is utter garbage. The Dev who came up with Illum and then the "fix" to illum needs to repay the company for all of his wages.

Fair warning to Bioware fix PvP or you will be another good idea game of the past.

Seriously... They need to just hire another Lead PvP designer. I haven't done many Operations but from what I did do, they seem pretty decent. He can stick to that... but man this guy doesn't know a thing about PvP.

1/10 Warzones (All I can see after 4 days of thinking whether or not to give em one more shot is "Battlemaster X", "Battlemaster Y" and 6 more like this)

0/10 World PvP (It just doesn't exist at 50... I remember there was this Icy rock of a planet somewhere but I just can't find it on my galaxy map ... Must have been switched to Imperial Only)

Here's a funny thought:

They said they'll punish all the people that had unfair valor gains or w/e the exact words were... and yet after 4 days of innactivity I see more battlemasters than I saw for 3 weeks... nice eh? :)

On a 1-10 scale, how happy are you with PvP?

6/10. The structure, function and balance exist within limitations that allow very-competitive matches. My issues remain with limited war zones, ineffective medal system, poor pvp-gear accumulation, and the faction war is irrelevant and unfun.

All the above issues are fixable, with the exception of faction-based pvp. That'll be terrible forever.

giving it a 7/10 huttball is horrible voidstar is ok alderaan is great and 30 v 30 fights on ilum are epic just need more than 3 WZ's and need to be able to pick wz's and ilum needs to drop merc comms from like daily's and weekly's on a terminal at the bases, and give more incentive to pvp on ilum. tbh its not that useful just fun to get valor and daily's. put some gear/rewards for pvping on ilum too. I really want this game to succedd so trying to help. also loving this game, just PvP and bugs need to be fixed ASAP like the game breaking bugs.