Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Unsubbed- my reasons why

Gantrithort

First of all let me say this : swtor is a nice single player game worth almost every penny of the 60$. For anyone looking for that, the only con is that it cost 15$ per month after initial purchase and one of the best pros is u get to see other people once in a while.

However i bought this game for the mmo part and long lasting game enjoyment and so far it is terrible in too many aspect to warrant a subscribtion.

High pop server...??! : Maybe it's because I play on the republic side but from where i stand most areas looks pretty devoid of any other player on a high pop server.. not being able to do heroic quests in a mmo is totally ridiculous, especially at lunch without leveling ahead of the pack.

Ungated PvP : Everything in the game is gated, did u try killing some mobs ahead of your level (+2/+3)? pretty impossible and unpleasant even with good use of cd and whatever is available in your arsenal. Yet they put 50's in full pvp gear against fresh 10's? that's some terrible design choice.

-edit - So okay they decided to split the 50's away, you'll still have 49 wacking on 11. good start but not nearly enough.. AND that shoul've happened in beta, not after.

Interface : On the bright side, Swtor runs perfectly fine on a high end comp even in eyefinity with a 5760*1080 resolution, it looks and run good enough to be enjoyable. Until you realise that you can't move your map. And then you realize u cant move anything. There's is a 4 feet gap between my bag and my character sheet and there's nothing i can do about it? this is 2012 right? I can understand some lack of addon comptability, as a design choice, but lack of customization seems like a ''we don't care'' red flag to me.

Combat log : It's not there... why? Either because they don't want statistical analysis of what happens in their game or they forgot to include it? In either case, its a shady design choice or blatant mistake on their part.

GTN : no bids; only buyout . Sends a mail saying you sold your stuff! come back in an hour! no working search function. The most horrible browsing experience ever made and a limit on how many auctions u can put ( with no price memory at all.) The only worst auction i've ever seen is ff14 at launch.. and that game was designed to run on console.

Annoying companions: I play a jedi guardian so most of the time kira is by my side and the only thing I ever hear her say is : Eat Lightsaber. Jerk.

Did you run low on cash and had to cut to the basic? if it was a full sentence it could be bearable but.. that is seriously disapointing coming from a game that the voice over and story are its best attribute.

#7 Faceroll flashpoint : at least up to Tarel V there were only 3 kind of challenging/gimmick encoutner that required that you actually speak once to your group. The hammerstation last boss because he would punt people offboard, the mando raider 4boss boss and the tarel 5 boss that pulls you and hten kills anything around him unless u run fast. Every other is just faceroll that monkey could defeat.

useless zone : PLenty of zones that serve 0 purpose other then annoy the sh*t out of you : space station before planet, your ship area... seriously... an elevator to my ship engar then the engar to my ship? its fun the first time but it's just tedious the other 3503 other time

Ability Delay : it's half decent for questing / leveling in pve. almost good enough for pve raiding, i suspect it will be annoying but manageable and it's horrible for pvp. Also the speeder is ridiculously annoying, get on it, go forward, crash.. remember u have to wait 5sec before you go anywhere, then get back on it .. wait... wait.... wait.... wait... wait.. and there, u can go! but dont get hit by a fly on the way or it will crash and drop you on your ***!

Thats about it.. game had potential if they made it any more user friendly but the initial release state screams to me like it's just a big release hit and will die in a few months once most people finish the main story line once or maybe twice.. or until something new gets out.

Edited by Gantrithort

First of all let me say this : swtor is a nice single player game worth almost every penny of the 60$. For anyone looking for that, the only con is that it cost 15$ per month after initial purchase and one of the best pros is u get to see other people once in a while.

However i bought this game for the mmo part and long lasting game enjoyment and so far it is terrible in too many aspect to warrant a subscribtion.

High pop server...??! : Maybe it's because I play on the republic side but from where i stand most areas looks pretty devoid of any other player on a high pop server.. not being able to do heroic quests in a mmo is totally ridiculous, especially at lunch without leveling ahead of the pack.

Ungated PvP : Everything in the game is gated, did u try killing some mobs ahead of your level (+2/+3)? pretty impossible and unpleasant even with good use of cd and whatever is available in your arsenal. Yet they put 50's in full pvp gear against fresh 10's? that's some terrible design choice.

Interface : On the bright side, Swtor runs perfectly fine on a high end comp even in eyefinity with a 5760*1080 resolution, it looks and run good enough to be enjoyable. Until you realise that you can't move your map. And then you realize u cant move anything. There's is a 4 feet gap between my bag and my character sheet and there's nothing i can do about it? this is 2012 right? I can understand some lack of addon comptability, as a design choice, but lack of customization seems like a ''we don't care'' red flag to me.

Combat log : It's not there... why? Either because they don't want statistical analysis of what happens in their game or they forgot to include it? In either case, its a shady design choice or blatant mistake on their part.

GTN : no bids; only buyout . Sends a mail saying you sold your stuff! come back in an hour! no working search function. The most horrible browsing experience ever made and a limit on how many auctions u can put ( with no price memory at all.) The only worst auction i've ever seen is ff14 at launch.. and that game was designed to run on console.

Annoying companions: I play a jedi guardian so most of the time kira is by my side and the only thing I ever hear her say is : Eat Lightsaber. Jerk.

Did you run low on cash and had to cut to the basic? if it was a full sentence it could be bearable but.. that is seriously disapointing coming from a game that the voice over and story are its best attribute.

#7 Faceroll flashpoint : at least up to Tarel V there were only 3 kind of challenging/gimmick encoutner that required that you actually speak once to your group. The hammerstation last boss because he would punt people offboard, the mando raider 4boss boss and the tarel 5 boss that pulls you and hten kills anything around him unless u run fast. Every other is just faceroll that monkey could defeat.

useless zone : PLenty of zones that serve 0 purpose other then annoy the sh*t out of you : space station before planet, your ship area... seriously... an elevator to my ship engar then the engar to my ship? its fun the first time but it's just tedious the other 3503 other time

Ability Delay : it's half decent for questing / leveling in pve. almost good enough for pve raiding, i suspect it will be annoying but manageable and it's horrible for pvp. Also the speeder is ridiculously annoying, get on it, go forward, crash.. remember u have to wait 5sec before you go anywhere, then get back on it .. wait... wait.... wait.... wait... wait.. and there, u can go! but dont get hit by a fly on the way or it will crash and drop you on your ***!

Thats about it.. game had potential if they made it any more user friendly but the initial release state screams to me like it's just a big release hit and will die in a few months once most people finish the main story line once or maybe twice.. or until something new gets out.

Check PTR and patch notes first?

I lol'd .. literally. Thank you.

No, most of his points actually aren't legit.. they're just opinion.

Opinions can be legitimate, I agree with 2 3 4 5 9, yes they are changing PvP in the future but why it wasn't at launch is beyond me.

I agree with the majority of your points OP. I unfortunately payed for 90 days worth of a sub, so I may as well play until that runs out, if things aren't significantly improved by then, I'll be done.

Your credit card won't have been charged until the free month is over, unless you bought a prepaid game card, then there's nothing you can do.

Your credit card won't have been charged until the free month is over, unless you bought a prepaid game card, then there's nothing you can do.

That's actually exactly what I did. So I may as well get something out of it.