EGA handled very poorly

Fainz

They're just tired of children like yourself whining and spamming the forums.

Let's go get you a whaamburger and some french cries, until BW kisses your booboos.

Morons like you that blindly jump on the band wagon is why things stay so messed up. Enjoy the game when you get in (early access or not) and exploits have everyone to lvl 50. And who is QQ'ing letting people know devs are closing these posts as off topic lol dumb*****. As stated in previous posts I already have an account with guess what 7 day early access. So yeah troll the boards abit more would ya and by the way I am playing the game (and reporting on things going on in game like lvling exploits or people in early access that preorder months after others that didn't get in etc..) *** are you doing that's right trolling forums cause why your not playing lol.

P.S. wanna be original with your pathetic attempt at insults or just randomly rip off really lame sh(t

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the same, if you want to play you should be able to queue and wait to play. You shouldn't have to wait for access behind a load of other people who won't potentially be playing. The server has queues so it doesn't crash, and the servers will have to handle full loads during peak time after launch, so they can handle just pre order players now.

I don't know about you but I haven't seen much on these forums in the way of praising this.

I suspect that's because the people happy with this are busy playing the game. Just a thought.

You ordered the game to be allowed in on the 20th, you knew there was a possibility of getting in 5 days early, but only a POSSIBILITY.

I only redeemed my code last month so I won't be in until day before launch most likely :( But still, not really a big deal, it's 1 more day of free play time than I was initially expecting. The way I see it I don't have an awful lot to complain about...

The point of this thread? I just think the EGA method is trash and I can't see a reason to do it like this, maybe someone can point a legitimate one out.

So in other words, you'd prefer that we all waited for these several days instead until the actual release date of the 20th to all be allowed in at once and having some queues of time due to potentially full servers - instead of receiving several days of free time that we're not being charged for to get access before official launch in steady and stable waves as of where you just have to be patient and find something to do while you wait for an early access email in place of finding something to do while you wait for the 20th like you suggest we do?

I must say, I do not concur!

I don't like how this has been handled at all, what's worse is the apologists on this forum constantly trying to justify this to aggravated players (can we even call them that since they aren't able to play? hurrhurr).

The servers were stress tested in the beta weekend, and everyone was let in at once, I found there to be very little in the form of server stability issues here - sure there were queues, but these are the lesser of two evils, though I'm getting ahead of myself and will get to queues later. Anyway, the beta weekend was fine letting people in all at once, and if people are let in all at once now, I don't see how that is going to be worse than any peak time after release. My point is, the servers should be able to handle it, and queues are in place to make sure they don't get overloaded.

Queues versus the arbitrary first come first serve wave system. There is one huge flaw with the system being used, in that it is effectively one big queue, but not all the players in the queue will necessarily be able to play when they are let in. With traditional queues, you are waiting behind other players who wan't to play and are waiting to do so. With this, there will no doubt be a lot of people effectively in front of you in the queue who are let in and then don't even play. This is in my opinion the main flaw, if people want to play, they should be able to queue and be given their place in the queue (woohoo we are foreshadowing the next point), that way players who aren't trying to play aren't in the queue.

Next up is the way people are being let in, 'waves' of people let in throughout the day. Firstly I'm told by people that there are very few people actually on the server (at least the server they are on) sometimes which leads me to believe that the previous point (people not actually playing after being let in) is occurring, or that simply not enough people are being let in. Who could blame people for not playing once let in though? When you are given no indication of when you will be allowed to play, instead you have to check throughout the day each time a wave is released.

Patch days are a similar scenario in which lots of players will be trying to log onto empty servers at once eager to access new content, I doubt that this method would be used for them though so why do it now.

The point of this thread? I just think the EGA method is trash and I can't see a reason to do it like this, maybe someone can point a legitimate one out.

My monitor cant handle all these tears. ITS SHORTING OUT!!!!

Please stop crying.

By the end of the week it will all be over, everyone will be playing and all that you will be left with is a slight embarrasment for carrying on like a dropkick over your inability to play the game RIGHT NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW.... MOMMMY NOW!!!!

I would say lets see after today the dates people are reporting when they are in. Is this system great? No, but everyone who bothered to read any info at all knew this is how it would be. They wanted to see how the first day went. Ok cool. Now they see and lets see how they handle it from here on out.

As to a legitimate reason. One I can think of is to keep the starter areas less crowded. To thoes of us who have been apart of an MMO launch before we know what to expect. Most of us dont mind it or actually enjoy the chaos. However with a launch on an IP such as StarWars they also have alot of people who havent played an MMO before. Maybe its for them.

I wont put you in the same catagory as other idiots posting. You actually put some thought into it and didnt just say "SCREWZ DA BIOWAREZ IM CANCELING" like most are. With exception of calling it trash of course. Even so I may not agree with you (and no, I'm not in) at least you attempted to act like an adult about it.

Server queues and instanced starting zones were something that seemed to relieve starter zone crowding (I didn't find the beta bad in terms of crowding, even on the weekend beta).

I was going to power level to 50, the leveling race in MMOs is pretty fun, the EGA has really removed the incentive for me and with that some of the fun - not sleeping for a couple of days to get to 50 isn't something I'm going to do when people are 20+ levels ahead of me from the start. Competition is where I find the fun in an MMO, this has been affected for me, hence my complaints.

I don't like how this has been handled at all, what's worse is the apologists on this forum constantly trying to justify this to aggravated players (can we even call them that since they aren't able to play? hurrhurr).

The servers were stress tested in the beta weekend, and everyone was let in at once, I found there to be very little in the form of server stability issues here - sure there were queues, but these are the lesser of two evils, though I'm getting ahead of myself and will get to queues later. Anyway, the beta weekend was fine letting people in all at once, and if people are let in all at once now, I don't see how that is going to be worse than any peak time after release. My point is, the servers should be able to handle it, and queues are in place to make sure they don't get overloaded.

Queues versus the arbitrary first come first serve wave system. There is one huge flaw with the system being used, in that it is effectively one big queue, but not all the players in the queue will necessarily be able to play when they are let in. With traditional queues, you are waiting behind other players who wan't to play and are waiting to do so. With this, there will no doubt be a lot of people effectively in front of you in the queue who are let in and then don't even play. This is in my opinion the main flaw, if people want to play, they should be able to queue and be given their place in the queue (woohoo we are foreshadowing the next point), that way players who aren't trying to play aren't in the queue.

Next up is the way people are being let in, 'waves' of people let in throughout the day. Firstly I'm told by people that there are very few people actually on the server (at least the server they are on) sometimes which leads me to believe that the previous point (people not actually playing after being let in) is occurring, or that simply not enough people are being let in. Who could blame people for not playing once let in though? When you are given no indication of when you will be allowed to play, instead you have to check throughout the day each time a wave is released.

Patch days are a similar scenario in which lots of players will be trying to log onto empty servers at once eager to access new content, I doubt that this method would be used for them though so why do it now.

Because thats how they chose to roll out the game. They are allowing people to play pre release. Stop complaining and enjoy it when you get in before the 20th. Jesus stupid people make me want to punch an infant.

Edited by Pyrenicon

If you wanted to play so much why didn't you pre-order when they were first available? It was stated numerous times that's how they would determine who got in first.

This was not stated by BW upon original pre-order conditions.

Edited by Brokenstatic

Because thats how they chose to roll out the game. They are allowing people to play pre release. Stop complaining and enjoy it when you get in before the 20th. Jesus stupid people make me want to punch an infant.

I would go that far,but yeah. Ordered virtually 5 hours after Preorders opened...Whether by chance or dumb luck. Got in the moment EGA started, heck had to wait to hours for launch and just to get in the mood. Anyway they kept their word, TO THE LETTER...

My point they kept their word, better yet they extended it 2 days. What are you people ************ about. There have been a zillion threads over the months leading to EA, so anyone with half a brain, would know where they stand.

Edited by SimplyCooL

When exactly did BW choose to do this? It wasn't in July thats for sure.... you need to go punch an infant, or yourself if thats the case.

Apologist scrub #6491. How many more of you are there?

It would be really witty for someone to reply to this with 'EGA complainer #xxx', difference is, one set of people have a complaint about something they disagree with, another is just a group of trolls/flamers/fanboys who are just as bored as the first group waiting for their early access.

Rampant stupidity is the problem. You crying morons should form a support group, if you ever figured out how to spell Yahoo.

Every post of yours is laden with the word stupid.

Were you psychologically abused as a child?

I'm talking about European players, i fail to see why they cannot have 2 teams of people working around the clock to ensure a smooth succession of waves to ease the players into it.

They do...

They are running shifts currently, 24/7.

After everything has settled they'll go back to 9-5 with 24/7 standby.

There is a quote about this by SR.

Edited by DesleDarksyde

If you wanted to play so much why didn't you pre-order when they were first available? It was stated numerous times that's how they would determine who got in first.

i ordered and registerd my preorder code on the 21 july and im not in guess why becuse i live in eruope

When exactly did BW choose to do this? It wasn't in July thats for sure.... you need to go punch an infant, or yourself if thats the case.

I wasnt around in July (and juding by join date neither were you) but from what I've seen from people that did 1st day order, it has been said since July

So, Francis, how is the diet coming along? With all the free time you got (not being able to play, unlike the rest of us) you should have shed already a stone or two!

Woah, new trolling techniques, never seen before on a forum.

Failure to pay attention to the website is the fault of the "aggravated players". It was clear from the start that is was those who entered the code earliest would get into EGA first. There was no secret to that.

I have to wait because, despite my friends preordering in July, I was uncertain about it and didn't pre-order until Aug 25th. My fault.

The servers were stress tested in the beta weekend, and everyone was let in at once,

Irrelevant.

My point is, the servers should be able to handle it, and queues are in place to make sure they don't get overloaded.

They can. But do you want to be competing with 100 other people for that one mob spawn (exaggerated example, sure :D)?

They are doing staggered launch to keep the pressure off the starter zones.

See above.