Dear Bioware: Please STOP patching this game...

DragonDai

Every time he posts I see that avatar and think it's Shadysketchy and break out the popcorn.

But Ganondorf is not as amusing, so I get disappointed.

It is Shadysketchy of course. But as his signature shows, he cancelled and I think in doing so it took all of the interesting out of his posts. I'd be interested to know what he is currently playing now because I bet he saves all of his best trolling for that forum.

Did anyone else laugh really hard when Ganadorf had to correct his name a few times?

Also, the way bug fixing works, it's entirely possible a minor fix paves the way for a larger fix to be implemented. The whole baby name thing...IDK, but does it even matter? I'm assuming it's like 2-3 seconds of them opening up the credits file and typing in a new name.

Troll Comment:

Do you guys hate babies or something?

It's Ganadorf

Anyway, this Thread isn't stupid; it's actually a very valid issue. If all they "fix" is Emotes from Mounts, but a couple of bugs arise as a result, then the patch has done more harm than good

Ganondorf, your presence here lets us all know that the OP is being irrational; thanks for being my personal TL;DR!

On-topic... while patches are great and necessary, It would be nice if they weren't at 12PM PST every time, seriously patch the game in the middle of the night or early morning when no one's playing. I can tell you I've been playing the game every single time the servers have gone down for maintenance, and general chat on my server just explodes with collective disappointment when the 15-min notice pops up.

hes whining and thats all hes doing. get off this thread i dont like u.

Comment like this make me feel sad of society as a whole. People complain to try and get things done right. But all the people that are used to abuse from game developers have no vision. They don't think the way things are done should change. They are happy with being treated like trash by the person they purchase a product from. Look... We deserve better then a second rate product when we pay for AAA quality. They are breaking more things then they are fixing.

Tuesday night had what. 1 bug fix? and added some random useless crap. What did that result in? 2 new bugs they had to fix. Emergency shutdown next day.... For what? Oh a patch to fix those two bugs to introduce a exploit.... Notice how the issues are getting worse?

Be d@mned if you do, be d@mned if you don't.

Anyway, they're aiming for weekly patches instead of the nightly ones. Personally, I think gradual and smaller fixes are better for addressing a larger number of bugs. And if a patch causes another problem, the devs can respond to it immediately. Big patches put too much pressure for the initial release to be perfect and complete. Telling us ahead of time, so we can adjust our gameplay hours, is the best they can do for this option.

I'm sure they're working on the larger fixes, but it's nice to not have to wait weeks before they fix the minor, yet annoying problems like getting logged out at the character selection screen.

Edited by Livyius

Tuesday night had what. 1 bug fix? and added some random useless crap. What did that result in? 2 new bugs they had to fix. Emergency shutdown next day.... For what? Oh a patch to fix those two bugs to introduce a exploit.... Notice how the issues are getting worse?
It had more than 1 fix. And you are assuming that the patches, introduced new bugs because??? They fixed chat, it was broken before the patch. Why do people think its getting worse...

It had more than 1 fix. And you are assuming that the patches, introduced new bugs because??? They fixed chat, it was broken before the patch. Why do people think its getting worse...

Because they openly said it was to fix bugs created by the other patch?

On-topic... while patches are great and necessary, It would be nice if they weren't at 12PM PST every time, seriously patch the game in the middle of the night or early morning when no one's playing. I can tell you I've been playing the game every single time the servers have gone down for maintenance, and general chat on my server just explodes with collective disappointment when the 15-min notice pops up.

Are you even employed? Or are you some college student that stays up to 4AM?