High resolution textures: can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

This thread has surpassed 50 pages and still no response from bw. :(

Pretty lousy at communicating anything of value tbh. How hard would it be to write a couple of sentences on the matter? Just look atthe Devtracker, responses on anything have dried to an absolute trickle (not that where gushing to start with). Right up there with the poorest communication of any AAA dev imho.

Edited by GumBoil

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, this thread is not going away. Somebody better reddit this thread while it's still here.

If they lock it like they have done all the others on this issue it will just get remade.

Only there will be even more anger and rage than now.

Edited by Venares

1. Still no response.

2. Same as 10 minutes ago.

3. Check back in 10 minutes.

4. Repeat steps 1-3

Seriously I understand it's the weekend, but this is no way to handle a real-time enabled game. Work shifts or alternate weekends or whatever, as if we weren't paying enough to cover these costs...

1. Still no response.

2. Same as 10 minutes ago.

3. Check back in 10 minutes.

4. Repeat steps 1-3

Seriously I understand it's the weekend, but this is no way to handle a real-time enabled game. Work shifts or alternate weekends or whatever, as if we weren't paying enough to cover these costs...

Oh come on you whiny brats, there are far more important issues.

First one being the horrid FPS issues. When people can actually play this game properly (people with computers three times better than yours), then maybe they'll focus on adding better textures.

NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME

comes before

I WANT A MOAR BEAUTIFUL GAME

It's good to stay vocal, but don't act as if you deserve Bioware's dev to come here and answer you personally.

If they lock it like they have done all the others on this issue it will just get remade.

Only there will be even more anger and rage than now.

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine...."

And for the 1 millionth time.

THIS DOES NOT SOLVE THE ISSUE.

Setting texture quality to 0 does jack because they have hard locked player character rendering to medium which people would know if they actualy bothered to read the first page of this thread.

It's a realy easy thing to replicate too.

Goto your ships intercom/holocom and click it. Low and behold you are now in high rez awsomeness for 0.5 seconds.

There are litterly a TON of screenshots throught the thread showing as such.

I tired that and saw no difference. But then again..I think the game looks pretty dang good as is. I am perfectly happy with the way it looks now. I think they have a lot more important issues to deal with then some eye candy.

It's good to stay vocal, but don't act as if you deserve Bioware's dev to come here and answer you personally.

Me and hundreds people posting here - yes I think we actually do deserve an answer.

I understand other flaws need fixing too and it may take time to deal with this issue, but next time please read at least the title of the thread you're about to troll: "can we get a clarification on this?"

Just a recommendation was all, wow very testy peeps here. I did read the first page and numerous others as I'm fond of the very best visuals as well. I didn't know they hard-locked medium textures....sorry I play the game more than I read up on Bioware conspiracy theories:)

I enjoy these settings and think the game looks great with them enabled, although i would like to use decent shadow settings, as I still think those are borked too.

Could be why peeps don't even post, say the wrong thing and get lambasted....back to the game, since this was just a waste of time.

I'm sure the angrier you get, the more likely a dev will respond....lol, not!

Just a recommendation was all, wow very testy peeps here. I did read the first page and numerous others as I'm fond of the very best visuals as well. I didn't know they hard-locked medium textures....sorry I play the game more than I read up on Bioware conspiracy theories:)

I enjoy these settings and think the game looks great with them enabled, although i would like to use decent shadow settings, as I still think those are borked too.

Could be why peeps don't even post, say the wrong thing and get lambasted....back to the game, since this was just a waste of time.

I'm sure the angrier you get, the more likely a dev will respond....lol, not!

I do not think people have been overly agressive towards you. However, the fact still is that you made an uninformed post in a tone that could be interpreted as condecending. You were corrected. That is all.

I can't believe Bioware has said nothing. This is clearly an issue and the lack of attention is honestly the part that bothers me the most. I would like to personally thank the OP for organizing this thread and getting it the attention it deserves. I will be checking back daily to look for updates, and bumping daily until an official statement has been made. I will give Bioware to the end of January to issue a statement/fix for the textures if nothing is mentioned i will no longer subscribe to their game.

Oh come on you whiny brats, there are far more important issues.

First one being the horrid FPS issues. When people can actually play this game properly (people with computers three times better than yours), then maybe they'll focus on adding better textures.

NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME

comes before

I WANT A MOAR BEAUTIFUL GAME

Sure but the fact is they are trying to bury this not putting it on hold while they fix something else, that is why we are in uproar. Up till 1.1 was announced there many thread regarding this but none of this nature because we still believed that a fix would come eventually regardless of how long it took. However since 1.1 was announce it is obvious something fishy is going on and that we might never get acknowledgement or a fix.

After patch 1.1 notes we DO deserve an explanation.

I can only picture BioWare's monday morning meeting:

Forum Moderator:

"Sir, the players are smarter than we thought. They are catching on to us. They still remember the beautiful graphics in beta and screenshots we used to bait them. They realized Medium and High settings are the same. They also realized we will remove the High settings in the next patch. The forums are raging. Masses have started to un-sub. They discovered a feature of clicking on the holocron to preview high-definition textures and demand what they paid for."

Stephen Ried:

"Turn off that holocron feature. Wipe the web of their screenshots. And add emotes to companions!"

I can only picture BioWare's monday morning meeting:

Forum Moderator:

"Sir, the players are smarter than we thought. They are catching on to us. They still remember the beautiful graphics in beta and screenshots we used to bait them. They realized Medium and High settings are the same. They also realized we will remove the High settings in the next patch. The forums are raging. Masses have started to un-sub. They discovered a feature of clicking on the holocron to preview high-definition textures and demand what they paid for."

Stephen Ried:

"Turn off that holocron feature. Wipe the web of their screenshots. And add emotes to companions!"

Thank you. I needed a good laugh this morning!

Wait, it was a joke... right? :eek:

Sure but the fact is they are trying to bury this not putting it on hold while they fix something else, that is why we are in uproar. Up till 1.1 was announced there many thread regarding this but none of this nature because we still believed that a fix would come eventually regardless of how long it took. However since 1.1 was announce it is obvious something fishy is going on and that we might never get acknowledgement or a fix.

After patch 1.1 notes we DO deserve an explanation.

Exacaly what he said.

I dont think anyone is saying the game doesnt look great, it does.

BUT its could look a hell of a lot better.

Edited by Venares

Probably they done it becuse they dont want people to have performance problems on their systems.

The game looks a bit unpolished yea... so what. They have bigger worries to deal with. For example: They MUST the fix FPS performance, so computer system wich smoothly runs on high settings BF3, COD5 and Skyrim, smoothly runs SWTOR. If you dont belive what im talking about, im inviting you to enable full shadows, bloom in graphic settings and join any warzone... fun fun fun :confused:

PRIO:

1st fix - Graphical driver/settings optimizations for FPS gain. So we can keep HIGH settting and still enjoy the game.

2nd fix - Ability Delay. So we can have smooth combat system without "virtual" lag and cluncky feeel (WOW players knows what I'm talking about.

and 3rd - High resolution textures

This must be fixed. Bioware is simply trying to hide the issue by removing the medium setting, and making the current bugged version of what we have the 'High' setting.

This cannot be allowed.

People complaining about performance issues can simply disable this option, this thread is not for you and your ancient Tandy computers.

Edited by BeeblesTV

Probably they done it becuse they dont want people to have performance problems on their systems.

The game looks a bit unpolished yea... so what. They have bigger worries to deal with. For example: They MUST the fix FPS performance, so computer system wich smoothly runs on high settings BF3, COD5 and Skyrim, smoothly runs SWTOR. If you dont belive what im talking about, im inviting you to enable full shadows, bloom in graphic settings and join any warzone... fun fun fun :confused:

PRIO:

1st fix - Graphical driver/settings optimizations for FPS gain. So we can keep HIGH settting and still enjoy the game.

2nd fix - Ability Delay. So we can have smooth combat system without "virtual" lag and cluncky feeel (WOW players knows what I'm talking about.

and 3rd - High resolution textures

I dont think anyone here is denying any of what you have said, but they realy do need to at least post something on the situation so we know what is going on.

Fainging ignorance and ignoring your userbase is generaly a bad idea.

See the previous 60 pages :rolleyes:

/signed

I too would also like an answer.

Realize not everyone is running a 3-5 year old computer that was low end even then. For people that can use it, enable it please. Or give a reason of why this can not be done.

Some information is better than silence to your customers.