High resolution textures: can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought a new piece of trooper chest armor with my Tatooine commendations.

It is a shiny, featureless gray texture with three jagged and blurry low-resolution air vents drawn on to the surface.

I still have around two weeks of game time left but I don't really feel like playing anymore.

I have borderline feelings about the game. It's just not entertaining enough to appeal to me. Maybe if the graphics had a bit of wow-factor to them, I'd enjoy discovering new areas and looking at the scenery, at least long enough to hit 50 on one character.

Edited by carnac_fett

Some in game textures have the high resolution enabled.

Really, it looks real good in game, and while using the intercom, there's NO difference.

While on the other hand, some textures look like utter trash in game, still look bad in cut scenes, and some look bad in game, and look good in textures.

It's a real mess. I'm not sure it's as simple as we think.

Dear Bioware Support employee,

We are paying $15 per month to your company. Out of this maybe 20 cents goes to pay for the support structure, which includes your job. Now seems like you are not doing the job we are paying you for, like giving us some sort of reply, so my question is, why should we keep paying your job if you are not doing it?

Please give us some response on this textures issue acknowledging it and letting us know that somebody will get back to us in due time with a detailed answer.

This is such an important issue for so many people. Bioware really needs to put forth their best effort in getting this resolved. Especially after claiming it was fixed last patch.

Oh they never claimed it was fixed. The wording on that "fix" was so weird it made people think it referenced the texture thing.

Problem is, it looks like they're looking to "fix" it permanently with 1.1, by simply removing high, and renaming medium to high.

And that drives me up the wall.

Edited by eskachig

Problem is, it looks like they're looking to "fix" it permanently with 1.1, by simply removing high, and renaming medium to high.

And that drives me up the wall.

What part of the patch notes makes you think that? I didn't interpret any of the notes that way and I was specifically looking for a resolution to this issue in the notes.

What part of the patch notes makes you think that? I didn't interpret any of the notes that way and I was specifically looking for a resolution to this issue in the notes.

It's not in the notes, people are reporting it from the test server. There's even a screenshot of it somewhere either in this thread or a similar thread on test.

Reply number 420 and counting. Gratz

Edited by daMarek

It wasn't in the notes - but it was confirmed by several folks on the PTS. I'm too lazy to download the whole client again otherwise I'd verify it too. The current PTS version has two texture modes - low and high. And the high is what we have for medium.

Adding my voice to the complaints. Removing the (never worked since live anyhow) high texture setting and renaming medium->high is not in any way, shape or form a valid and acceptable fix and Biowar needs to either come forward with a hell of a good reason for this change or an ETA on a proper fix.

... and before...someone... comes in here and tells us its an "art" issue, no its not, the textures are already there in-game, we see them in cutscenes all the time, we just want to be able to see those textures all the time on machines that can handle it.

Using the holocom photo of before and after, I was able to damn near recreate the "high res" photo by simply using photoshop to up the brightness and messing with the contrast a bit...

You created higher-resolution textures by increasing brightness and contrast?

Using the holocom photo of before and after, I was able to damn near recreate the "high res" photo by simply using photoshop to up the brightness and messing with the contrast a bit...

Man, the textures on my jedi robes look pixellated as hell in-game, which magically goes away in cutscenes/char select. This isn't some magical lighting effect. Seriously.

Adding my voice to the complaints. Removing the (never worked since live anyhow) high texture setting and renaming medium->high is not in any way, shape or form a valid and acceptable fix and Biowar needs to either come forward with a hell of a good reason for this change or an ETA on a proper fix.

... and before...someone... comes in here and tells us its an "art" issue, no its not, the textures are already there in-game, we see them in cutscenes all the time, we just want to be able to see those textures all the time on machines that can handle it.

If they think in time people will forget there ever was a medium setting and this SNES style mess we are looking at is the real deal, they are wrong. We have tasted the blood. We want more. Anything less will not do.

If no game site reports this, i will not read any of these game sites anymore. Game sites should report on this! I want a balanced view. Gotta use the media. Maybe then they will talk? Edited by Ommm

The change in config options in 1.1 and the suspicious fact that its nowhere to be seen in the patch notes seems to indicate that their fix for this is simply ignoring it.

This issue needs to be acknowledged and they need to say clearly ( no PR bs please ) what they are doing or are going to do about this.

Edited by skepticck

I'm afraid if patch deploys as it is, we will never get a fix. They will just say "oh but those are the high textures" and be done with it.

Its pretty clear they aware of the complaints now is just a matter of seeing what kind of reaction we gonna get or if any at all.

Right now that is my only major grip with the game.

I'm afraid if patch deploys as it is, we will never get a fix. They will just say "oh but those are the high textures" and be done with it.

Its pretty clear they aware of the complaints now is just a matter of seeing what kind of reaction we gonna get or if any at all.

Right now that is my only major grip with the game.

Stop speculating and overreacting. Just keep this thread bumped, they'll reply whenever they're ready.