Theran Cedrax... I would pay to push him out the airlock

Calebmouse

The title says it all.

I would pay for DLC that would let me push Theran Dedrax out my airlock.

10 dollars US is where I would start. If I could replace him with a non-passive aggressive companion that did not irritatingly remind me he's a pacifist every third time I suggest he shoot an enemy, I would pay more.

I am a *Jedi*. Was there any question on Nar Shadaa when I met Theran that I live a life of violence surrounded by people intent on shooting me with their blasters?

I also do not want to hear "coming" in that exceedingly annoying tone every time he is re-summoned. It sounds like he was on the toilet and I interrupted him. Come on Theran, we're trying to stop the Empire from taking over the Galaxy, a little patience is definitely in order. Your tone is putting my off my Telekinetic Throw.

So, what I am asking for is a fully rendered cutscene where the last things I hear from Theran's mouth are "coming" and "did I mention I am a pacifist" as the vacuum warning klaxon sounds in the airlock. I grin, push the flashing red button and watch air, Holiday and that little punk fly into space where no one can hear him whine.

Those would be my only Darkside points and I would wear them with pride.

Edited by Calebmouse

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The title says it all.

10 dollars US is where I would start. If I could replace him with a non-passive aggressive companion that did not irritatingly remind me he's a pacifist every third time I suggest he shoot an enemy, I would pay more.

I am a *Jedi*. Was there any question on Nar Shadaa when I met Theran that I live a life of violence surrounded by people intent on shooting me with their blasters?

I also do not want to hear "coming" in that exceedingly annoying tone every time he is re-summoned. It sounds like he was on the toilet and I interrupted him. Come on Theran, we're trying to stop the Empire from taking over the Galaxy, a little patience is definitely in order. Your tone is putting my off my Telekinetic Throw.

So, what I am asking for is a fully rendered cutscene where the last things I hear from Theran's mouth are "coming" and "did I mention I am a pacifist" as the vacuum warning klaxon sounds in the airlock. I grin, push the flashing red button and watch air, Holiday and that little punk fly into space where no one can hear him whine.

You'd pay only ten? I'd pay the full price of the game again if I could get a decent, non-annoying companion, and yes I'd pay more to flush Theran out the airlock. He is without a doubt the most annoying companion in game.

i would love the option to put any of my companions out the air lock. i would seriously pay good money for this.

or maybe just a restraining bolt for my droid, and a shock collar for mako, gault, and any other companion i come across.

Edited by Darth_Gao_Gao

I kinda like Holiday, in a "so far over the disgustingly cute line that she doubled back" sort of way. Give her Theran's healing abilities, THEN let me dispose of him out the airlock.

While on the subject, can I *please* get the ability to move Q's abilities around on his bars, so I can at least see when he forgets that EMP blast is verboten?! It's an incredibly annoying bug that has killed me a bunch of times now. Also, I'd like to put his 2 minute CD shields in the front two slots so I can see when they're up? The EMP and shields would be much more useful than his taunt and whatever is second.

Agreed.

I have all of my companions and so far, none of them really works for me. Lt. Iresso is my first choice, but he's boring. At least he fights well and rarely disapproves of my decisions.

OTOH, my smuggler's first companion is funny, good in a fight, and always approves of my decisions.

I soooooo very wish my consular, my main character, had even just one companion like that...

The title says it all.

You should roll a Trooper, as they have only companions that welcome a good fight albeit in the name of justice. No pot-smoking hippies here!

On a related note: Mako is a pretty annoying companion too, given that she's following a BH who's in the service of the *Sith Empire*. I would love to give her such a slapping...

The title says it all.

Lol. He is my favorite companion. I use him in about 90% of my quests. I do agree I wish we could have the "shutup companion" feature.

The title says it all.

Great post. I lol'd. I'd also pay money to put a restraining bolt on C2-N2 to prevent his vocal processor from functioning properly. I wouldn't want to throw him out of the airlock as he serves his purpose treasure hunting for me, but I don't like his tone. It makes me want to shove icepicks in my eardrums.

I second this request (of course, I've already requested it on Twitter). I have entirely different reasons. I think Tharan Cedrax is a gross little creep with a holographic ego-stroker and the whole thing makes me ill. Next time I'm given the option to flirt with that nasty person, I'd rather be given the option to open an airlock. I'll agree that his little one-liners when summoning, dismissing, and sending on crafting missions are entirely annoying as well.

Logic hammer inbound: Use Qyzen?

HA!

Logic shield rebuff:

Qyzen has no heals.

I should have mentioned in my original post that I want a replacement companion who is:

1. Not annoying

2. Capable of healing.

Being able to tape Theran's mouth shut (a UI button to disable his gibber jabber) would be okay too.

He comments on my Space Combat like we're about to die. That drives me crazy.

I have never failed a space combat mission, ever. Theran's lack of faith will find him freezing in space one day.

Also, while I agree that he's totally creepy, I would be happy to space and replace him and win Holiday's affections.

Even more ideal conclusion to that cutscene:

Holiday turns to me and says something like:

"Oh. My. Goodness. I have wanted to do that for 10 years. Thank the Maker for you! Anything you want is yours, honey. Did I mention I can heal?"

Also, while I agree that he's totally creepy, I would be happy to space and replace him and win Holiday's affections.

Even more ideal conclusion to that cutscene:

Holiday turns to me and says something like:

"Oh. My. Goodness. I have wanted to do that for 10 years. Thank the Maker for you! Anything you want is yours, honey. Did I mention I can heal?"

Heh, I'd be super fine with spacing Tharan and having Holiday replace his role as long as her personality improves with the removal of that guy. I've personally decided she only acts that way because she understands what that creep wants from her. I'd love a holo-sentient lady to fight with.

Funnily enough, Tharan is one of the two Jedi Consular companions which I personally don't want to shove out of an airlock, Nadia being the other one. :D

And they both still are really just bland and uninteresting, compared to companions from previous BioWare games.

You should roll a Trooper, as they have only companions that welcome a good fight albeit in the name of justice. No pot-smoking hippies here!
All Trooper companions are amazing. Let's go down the line so I can make you regret your class decision, because there can never be enough Troopers.

Aric Jorgan:

First, he's like Lion-O or something. Second, he's voiced by Timothy Omundson. Third, he's the straight-laced guy from every buddy-cop movie who doesn't quite care that you're a loose cannon as long as you get results. Also, he has an enormous gun, a ton of sniper pals, and hates those SIS "spooks". Has a companion subquest that isn't complete garbage like "save my childhood friend".

Elara Dorne:

Your ex-Imperial waifu, as voiced by the eminently british Moira Quirk, also known as Mo from GUTS. She is all over your Aggrocrag. Great heals and she has a gun. If having a naughty nurse following you around for 32 levels isn't your thing, you can always just pull her out for cutscenes so she can stop all these important plot NPCs from bleeding out all over the place or fill you in on Imperial Secrets.

M1-4X:

You know who makes HK-47 look like a piece of trash? This guy. This dude is some kind of hyper-patriotic death bot on crab legs with flamethrowers and rocket launchers and blasters galore who does nothing but scream pro-Republic propaganda and murder Imperials. Are you Light Side? He loves everything you do, because you make the Republic look good. Are you Dark Side? He loves everything you do, because killing Imperials is his job and, damnit, Havoc Squad needs those credits to buy bigger guns to kill more Imperials. Are you Flirt Side? Dude just wants to holotape your prospective dates because they have appealing facial features and would make good propaganda. Bonus: he solos multiple Sith Dreadfaces or whatever, sometimes 15 at a time. Are you familiar with Liberty Prime? Forex is his person-sized model.

Tanno Vik:

If this were an action movie (and the Trooper storyline is), Tanno Vik is the large black man or the wiry Mexican with a bandolier of grenades, a flamethrower on his back, and a constantly-lit cigar hanging from the corner of his mouth. The guy plants C4 on dead bodies, steals everything that isn't bolted down (and some things that are), and will give you XP for insulting his underworld contacts over the holophone with him. Better yet? Telling him that he's a huge jerk and should shut up actually gains affection with him.

Yuun:

He is a bug wizard. Not an actual wizard, like some dude shooting fireballs or lightning, or even some Force-user levitating stuff with his mind, but he is at least freaking magical. He knows things, man. He can seeeeee. A lot of these "things" he sees happen to include how to best kill anything in your way with his enormous sword, because apparently he cross-classed into Flipping Ninja while he was at it.

Basically, be a Trooper.

Yeah... The Troopers have truly been blessed in the companion department. If the Consulars' boring and/or annoying companions aren't proof enough that Bioware hates the class, just take a look at the heinous crap they have to wear. Edited by Skoll

Yeah... The Troopers have truly been blessed in the companion department. If the Consulars' boring and/or annoying companions aren't proof enough that Bioware hates the class, just take a look at the heinous crap they have to wear.

Tell me about it. About all hooded robes look like actual bathrobes ( they have no "substance" feels to them, like the Jedi Knight robes do ).

Jedi Knights have pretty good companions, though.

Edited by magnuskn