How's bioware morale?

Creepsauce

Alright so Bioware just entered the MMO arena. Like a virgin trying to please all those capricious players.

Wondering how BW guys are handling all that crying and ranting and yelling and swearing, which are so so so overwhelming in any MMO forum?

Blizzard guys with their 7 or so years of experience are tough enough and know how to ignore QQ and/or when to take it seriously. I'm worried about Bioware which, as an MMO-newb, lack confidence for the moment and can get too touchy or panic for this flow of tears and rant.

In any case, my personnal cheers to BW guys out there. I think they made an awesome job.

Now, as a fellow MMO player, let my QQ begin.

QQQQQQQQ FIX THE FPS ISSUE QQQQQQQQQQQQ

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is it is just like any other software company where they have to sift through all the *********** and moaning to find legitimate deficiencies/bugs and filter out the nutballery.

Example, I have a piece of code where the user is allowed to set pregnancy information against a personnel record. They can declare or un-declare or deliver pregnancies (three GUI buttons). I have a couple of clients who think the word "un-declare" is insensitive and they have complained several times, quite vehemently, about having this changed.

/I've stopped short of changing the button label text to "Abort".

Like a virgin trying to please all those capricious players.

....................:eek:

.........but seriously, they're professionals and have plenty of reason to be proud. The game is a hit, and no matter when people say, it's a GREAT game already.

It's not for me, sadly, but it's a very solid game for what it is.

If you're an artist of any kind, you need thick skin because you're putting your work out there to be judged by the masses. It's easier said than done but that's just the truth.

BioWare may be in virgin territory, but a lot of the people working on it are not.

My guess is that only the boys at corporate who have never been here before and those who have but are forced to deal with us (SR) are bothered in the least.

Georg seems to find all our moaning hilarious.

The developers themselves probably dont pay much attention to the forums at all. They hire community managers to sift through the forums, as well as the in-game CS system and then place complaints and bugs into an internal ticketing system. Those tickets are then triaged, assigned a priority and severity metric, and assigned to various development teams. Edited by BluePlatypus

I'd hope their ignoring the majority of it.

99% of the complaints on these forums are baseless.

u are clueless. do you think people come here because they don't have what to do? do you think people like to just say things are bad? here are endless posts about bugs, re re re re started threads about game braking stuff, etc.

just search for them...

oh, wait you cant!

Probably too busy to take into account every little QQ that every game inevitably gets to some degree--mmos more than most in my experience. Shifting through all the junk to find real issues is probably more stressful than reading rants by people obviously trying too hard to get attention. There are issues aplenty but most of them I've encounter at least have been solved by refreshing hi or loading character/game back up. Not a big deal this soon after launch considering holiday release (which isn't BW's fault).

Sales wise they're probably ecstatic. Critically they should be pleased at the very least. Sub wise... we'll see but I think it'll be fine going by people's impressions I see in game.

u are clueless. do you think people come here because they don't have what to do? do you think people like to just say things are bad? here are endless posts about bugs, re re re re started threads about game braking stuff, etc.

just search for them...

oh, wait you cant!

Actually, they're not clueless.

You see, you're not actually real.

You're probably thinking "I'm not real, what?"

But you're not real. You see, you are part of a psycho-cybernetic organism created by over a decade of MMO nerd rage.

Sometime around the release of WoW, the nerd rage reached a critical mass and your kind gained the ability to think and act.

Now you're an example of a splinter of the organism. You are unaware that you are actually not a real person and only a functioning part of the whole.

Your job? To spread misery, as the organism feeds off MMO forum misery, which has a very specific flavour.

Hence all those posts aren't actually real posts, just manifestations of the psycho-cybernetic organism trying to feed off misery.

Bad news for you dude, sorry to break it to you. You don't actually exist.

just search for them...

oh, wait you cant!

Do you really think there isn't a huge contingent of people and/or gamers whose sole purpose in life is to ***** and moan for no reason? Or to knock people off their pedestal if they love something? If you think the internets and MMOs do not have these type of joy-killers maybe its you who are the MMO noob :p

But you're not real. You see, you are part of a psycho-cybernetic organism created by over a decade of MMO nerd rage.

Sometime around the release of WoW, the nerd rage reached a critical mass and your kind gained the ability to think and act.

Now you're an example of a splinter of the organism. You are unaware that you are actually not a real person and only a functioning part of the whole.

Your job? To spread misery, as the organism feeds off MMO forum misery, which has a very specific flavour.

Hence all those posts aren't actually real posts, just manifestations of the psycho-cybernetic organism trying to feed off misery.

I... think I love you. :eek:

Laughing all the way to the bank, I should imagine.

They sold Dragon Age down the river for a quick buck to pay for this.

*And* they've got every one here's money already.

Why should they care?

:i_evil:

This may amaze you, due to the subjective nature of games, some people liked DA2.

Some of us liked it even more than DA1.

Sure, it recycled environments, but at least it's story wasn't "Go defeat the big bad evil".

I liked DA1 a lot too, but it's story was pretty 1 dimensional when compared to DA2's much more interesting narrative.

But I have a soft spot for political drama.

I played SWG for 5 yrs, and i met exactly 1 other persson other than myself who ever even looked at the forums. I learned a long time ago to take anything said on these things with an entire Sams club Piano of salt. ( i make up units of measurement when none seem to quite fit my current euphemism, and i quite like that one.) I would like to add my own kudos to the op's, and BW, keep up the good work!

This may amaze you, due to the subjective nature of games, some people liked DA2.

Sure, it recycled environments, but at least it's story wasn't "Go defeat the big bad evil".

I liked DA1 a lot too, but it's story was pretty 1 dimensional when compared to DA2's much more interesting narrative.

***? DA2 had no over-arching plot of any kind. It's just week in the life of the Champion, stuff happens and you become mayor

I liked DA2 better for two reasons. Companions had permanent outfits (i.e. they looked like themselves no matter what you equipped them with), and buffs no longer put a weird immersion-breaking aura on your character.

Minor things that probably no one even notices, but it just goes to show you.

This is quite possibly the most awesome thing I've read this week. Nominated for post of the year. If it wasn't so long, i'd ask your permission to make it my signature. You, sir, are a geek god.

Edited by Revelationjp

***? DA2 had no over-arching plot of any kind. It's just week in the life of the Champion, stuff happens and you become mayor

An over-arching plot doesn't have to be epic.

The over-arching plot WAS the Champion.

Some stories are event based.

Some are setting based.

Some are character based.

For example, ME2 was a character based story. It was about your companions and their lives and motivations more than it was about your character or what was going on in the universe.

Star Wars is BioWare: Austin, which is mostly the failed rejects that botched up the Warhammer MMO and now are botching up the Star Wars MMO. The BioWare name sells games, whereas the Mythic name is just dead in the water. Different brand, same fail.

Everybody is wondering why BioWare had to go and buy the Hero Engine for this game. Ordinarily, they probably wouldn't, but because it's not BioWare proper that's working on it... it's BioWare Austin, they had to.

I wouldn't be worried about their morale now. I'd be worried about their morale when GWII and TSW get released and PvP is still a mess, end game is still pointless, and their only major selling point is still their storylines that everyone has gotten sick of.