Slicing nerfed AGAIN

Hironobu

Yea this is totally BS. The OP has no proof and I have been doing slicing since before they ACTUALLY nerfed slicing so I saw the difference then and I have seen no difference in how it has been since then and since the new patch.

THE OP IS LYING or at the very least has no clue what he is saying.

You are just like the other guy; you logged in, looked at slicing and sent 4-5 out, then came back here to call me a liar.

Do slicing for about 3 hours and see what its like.

You can flag this post as well, but it doesn't matter if I am telling the truth. :p

Edit for yours: you really are naive if you think they include everything they do in patch notes.

Edited by Hironobu

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you people are amazing. you actually think you should make tremendous profit on a mechanic that allows you to level up while afk, and you think that none of the other crew skills suffer a loss when they use the same mechanic. you also think that those augments and crew schematics are worthless.

amazing.

OP states slicing has been nerfed again. People ask him to provide proof of his claim. Everybody ignores the posts asking for proof and either believes him immediately, or just dredges up the same arguments after the first nerf.

If slicing has been nerfed AGAIN, show us the proof.

There has been no information from BioWare stating that it has been nerfed again, and if it has they should not be stealth nerfing it.

From what I can see on my slicer alt, it's has NOT been nerfed again.

Yep, I think I'd want some evidence before I went and cried about it in public.

Pro-tip. Not everything you read on the intertubes ....is true :eek: Shocking, I know.

you people are amazing. you actually think you should make tremendous profit on a mechanic that allows you to level up while afk, and you think that none of the other crew skills suffer a loss when they use the same mechanic. you also think that those augments and crew schematics are worthless.

When level 49 purple augments don't move for less than the mission to get them costs, then yes, they are useless.

Slicing provided money as an alternative to crafting

That money would inturn be used to BUY gear

The best gear is supposed to be crafted

Slicing gives the people funds to buy your lightsaber crystals, mods, Speeders, Grenades, Armors, Medpacks and Stims

Slicing was supposed to allow people to forsake physical crafting and focus instead on just getting money so they could buy things.

As a result, someone that dosent want to go around collecting garbage could take Diplomacy, Investigation and Slicing and effectively use their money to buy stuff from other players which requires Slicing to have a return equal to that of what those other crafting professions make.

Slicing should have been considered a crafting skill.

1) You cant take any other crafting skill with Slicing

2) Mission times are equal to the actual time spent gathering for other crafting skills

3) This would be a mission only skill

As it is now, Slicing is effectively worthless because the returns are poor and the schematics are all the same.

New FOTM: Cybertech

Now the complaints about Cybertech being overpowered can begin so it will naturally be nerfed into oblivion.

if this is true, its finally time to drop slicing.

Dont know what to take in its place, but when i cannot make any profit from the crew missions, and with how rare the lockboxes are int he world, this skill is now useless except for augments.

Slicing provided money as an alternative to crafting

That money would inturn be used to BUY gear

The best gear is supposed to be crafted

Slicing gives the people funds to buy your lightsaber crystals, mods, Speeders, Grenades, Armors, Medpacks and Stims

New FOTM: Cybertech

Now the complaints about Cybertech being overpowered can begin so it will naturally be nerfed into oblivion.

The problem being, the best gear isn't crafted, nobody wants craftable gear when there are commendation/flashpoint/pvp pieces that are easily attainable and FAR SURPASS what is available through crafting. Your entire post is rubbish built around a false sense of "how things should be". Having 500k credits so you can ignore the GTM and spend money on NOTHING because you got all of your gear through commendations, pvp, and flashpoints, and you have no expenses because you don't provide anything through crafting does not in any way encourage crafters or help the game economy.

Thats not how things are, Slicing was far, far too profitable and needed to be "FIXED" not nerfed, but fixed. Oh and by the way, Cybertech is virtually useless. I'm capped in Cybertech on my main and I have yet to make ANYTHING other than ear pieces that I actually use on my character. Levelling up I made a few mods, but not since capping, and the only other thing to consider is mounts.

How can you even say something as ridiculous as cybertech being overpowered?

Edited by Celebrus

Would you rather go back to the days when you could have 30k Credits by level 20 through Slicing?

My level 20 BH had about 70K through selling some Armstech items (level 17 artifact pistols, some with augment crits).

Stop being lazy. :p

i even dont have slicing and i never had money problems...

you guys just to lazy...

some tips for menoy?

i see loads of people feeling very smart cause they cloak all thair way around mobs

to finish quests etc...

you know what? kill everything on your way on and on...money and xp is yours...

This.

My first alt was a healing spec IA, I bypassed a lot of mob by cloaking and I was having a credit problem, next one I rolled was the BH, killing everything in sight, yesterday I loged on my BH and he had 12k, after my evening of questing I was at around 50k.

Cloaking to end a quest faster is bad for the wallet.

Edited by Demonix

simple answer dont send your companion out to do slicing for you. Do it yourself, think that was their intention with repeated nerfs.

They dont want people just sitting there sending out 3 companions farming loads of credits with no effort it seems.

Get over it and go farm slicing nodes if you need money so bad.

Oh and FYI by level 20 I had 60k credits without crafting at all.

Do you quests, kill stuff and you will make plenty. Stop using slicing nerfs as an outlet to say you cant make money its pathetic, and lazy.

Edited by Barracudastr

simple answer dont send your companion out to do slicing for you. Do it yourself, think that was their intention with repeated nerfs.

They dont want people just sitting there sending out 3 companions farming loads of credits with no effort it seems.

Get over it and go farm slicing nodes if you need money so bad.

Then what is the point of slicing missions with credit box rewards in the first place?

They should't have put slicing in the game if this is way it is intended to be, just pick up another gathering skill and sell the materials on the market.

In the end they just stuck a useless crew skill into the game for no reason...?

How can you even say something as ridiculous as cybertech being overpowered?

Main is level 42, has 620k. My alt is 20 and has 250k, a large majority of it from Cybertech. Go to the GTN and look at the Spaceship Upgrade drop down and then think about what you've said here today.

You only get 6 Cybertech schematics from Slicing? I thought you could get all of them from it.

Nope, but it is more than 6:

Custom speeders (3)

Rank 2 Ship gear (4)

Rank 3 Ship gear (4)

Rank 4 Ship gear (4)

I almost have them all, just missing one rank 3 ship grade, and two of the rank 4.

Then what is the point of slicing missions with credit box rewards in the first place?

They should't have put slicing in the game if this is way it is intended to be, just pick up another gathering skill and sell the materials on the market.

In the end they just stuck a useless crew skill into the game for no reason...?

To be honest I think they intended it to pay for the mission and give the player a little extra on the side..... but people abused it and were making alts and just farming millions of credits with no effort just off of one craft.

Its perfectly clear why they nerfed it slicing was severely out profiting other crafts and unbalancing the economy as a whole with people having huge credits at level 20.

For example at 25 a guy in my guild had around 1.5 million credits he said. You cant tell me that was working as intended.

Go ahead, I slice every day and I know for a fact it has been nerfed because I could send 4/5 companions on a rich or bountiful. Now I cannot.

Thank you for flagging it so that the devs see how pissed off we are and how useless we see this skill.

I still make money, I don't see why you're complaining. I'm only level 25 and I'm making a few hundred credits each time I send them out minimum.