Slicing nerfed AGAIN

Hironobu

Say goodbye to those bountiful and Rich slices on the lower tiers. They've been nerfed to rarities.

Now it doesn't really matter if I forget to slice for an hour or not. I make more money doing !@#$!ing dailies.

Until they nerf dailies.

Then I'll have to panhandle for money.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say goodbye to those bountiful and Rich slices on the lower tiers. They've been nerfed to rarities.

Now it doesn't really matter if I forget to slice for an hour or not. I make more money doing !@#$!ing dailies.

Until they nerf dailies.

They did? I don't get the point of slicing then....

Until they nerf dailies.

Where is this nerf advertised? I cant see it in the patch notes anywhere.

i even dont have slicing and i never had money problems...

you guys just to lazy...

some tips for menoy?

i see loads of people feeling very smart cause they cloak all thair way around mobs

to finish quests etc...

you know what? kill everything on your way on and on...money and xp is yours...

When a level 45 skill costs 30k credits. Yes, yes I would.

You don't seem to understand.

If by level 20 you could have 30k, then by level 45...

The fact that before the nerf, you where considered an idiot if you didn't pick Slicing just says everything. Having a stable economy is vital for an MMO, and if everyone was Rockefeller, then the economy would be non-existent.

slicing works a lot better if you go out and slice stuff you find while exploring. The missions are just easier ways to increase your skill and get the occasional recipe/mission. Maybe they should put some good slicing/salvage resources in the flash points (protected of course) It would also be nice to find more than just credits .. people keep much more interesting things in their safes besides credits :) like hand blasters

Pick something else besides slicing?

Were you guys born into a society that forced you to be slicers or something?

Umm, I already grinded it up to 400...200 of that after the nerf... so think about what you said for a second now.

FOr those who qq nerf, did anyone force you to NOT be a slicer?

It was over-nerfed to begin with. Went from best skill for a non-crafter to have to worthless for all. Unbelievable.

Not to pick on the poster but this points it out real well and shows that people didn't want to do much for the credits they basically wanted them for free.

There was nothing in the recent patch notes about more changes to slicing.

Gathering skills should be used primarily for gathering materials/recipes/missions/etc, not farming money.

You've obviously never played any other MMO.

Gathering skills have always been about money, when there are lazy people levelling their crafting professions, there will always be a demand for gathers to sell their bounty at the AH/GTM.

Also, how do you think Gold Farmers make money?

Umm, I already grinded it up to 400...200 of that after the nerf... so think about what you said for a second now.

FOr those who qq nerf, did anyone force you to NOT be a slicer?

You chose it, now live with it. My slicer still makes money for doing nothing, so I don't understand what the big deal is? I still get abundant lockboxes, I still get crits of 2k and she's only level 18 and still makes money at slicing. But, unlike most people who chose slicing, I understood that it was broken to begin with. The real money in slicing is the boxes out in the game world that you find.

slicing works a lot better if you go out and slice stuff you find while exploring. The missions are just easier ways to increase your skill and get the occasional recipe/mission.

Yep. So many people /rage quit slicing that there are always plenty of nodes around these days, and it's free credits. :D

They adjusted it to be consistent with every other gathering and mission skill.

People can make a valid rant about them not making it consistent to begin with, but ranting that it was nerfed is just silly.

Missions still earn some positive credit flow if you do them consistently, but it's not a huge money faucet like it was before they corrected it. I run two companions on missions while playing my third all the time.