I feel useless as a healer

Esresro

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about it like this,

2 Guardians can aoe reduce and taunt reduce 30-40% damage to the focusd friendly target for 6 seconds. This plus a healer = dps is still alive, now imagine that with guard on and your near 60% Damage reduction on 2 targets, plus their natural armor damage reduction.

Plus their 6 second ability freeze that stops all actions for 6 seconds, guardians, and juggs are able to mitigate and deny a large portion of damage by themselves. When you add a healer or two to that mix you get infinitely more results because the heals arent reduced but the damage taken is. I've had healers keep my guardian alive as i was diving around the entire enemy team bombing aoe taunt, slow, AoE damage, taunt, AoE ability freeze and such. you know what happened after the first 2 minutes, i got primaried immediately... and the healers had fun and we won. Why? cause with healers keeping everyone alive and my guardian making everyone harder to kill. its honestly like our teams playing with a 2 man advantage.

I love love love when a team has a good healer.

Thank you healers

I agree with the OP on this.

I respecced my operative to healing, and Warzones are just not fun when you're healing. It might be different if you have a dedicated tank. If you don't, good luck. HoT's that tick for 600 (1000+ on crit) don't do **** when people are hitting for 4k damage. Kolto injection is slow as hell. It's very difficult to keep others alive while keeping yourself alive. Often times I click on someone, start a heal, and by the time I've finished they are dead.

Our DPS while in heal spec pretty much sucks (to be expected). We basically only have shiv and overload shot with an occasional backstab. It doesn't really put a dent in others. 1v1 I was able to keep myself up and slowly take down someone using all of my stuns and CC to heal. 1v1 doesn't happen in Warzones though.

And EVERY class is critting for 4K+. People are whining about Operatives being overpowered. I regularly take 3-4 shots in a row all 3-4K+ and I'm dead in seconds. The damage output in this game is ridiculous.

Again, if you have a dedicated tank, I can see it being different. Without one though, it's a waste of time. Healing in PvP is for premades only.

Edited by big_aug

You must be a low level.

The problem with operative healers is definitely NOT their ability to heal, it's their complete and utter lack of dps. They really can't kill anything. Debilitate, root, flashbang run away... their only form of self defense.

Yeah, this isn't wow/rift or pve healing. Healers in this game are expected to bring dps and lockdown to the table, as an operative you give up way too much resource because energy is gated to bring any kind of offence to the table, if you do some damage, you cant heal at all because your energy screwed.

The only time you can contribute is when you got a probe, otherwise your stuck autoshotting and throwing darts.

Yeah, this isn't wow/rift or pve healing. Healers in this game are expected to bring dps and lockdown to the table, as an operative you give up way too much resource because energy is gated to bring any kind of offence to the table, if you do some damage, you cant heal at all because your energy screwed.

The only time you can contribute is when you got a probe, otherwise your stuck autoshotting and throwing darts.

umm no they aint. here is a hint. healers heal. dps, dps and tanks tank. healing is ur job and anyone who complains that ur a healer and u aint doing damage is retarted and aint worth listening to anyway.

and for anyone who doesnt understand what i just said..

try this post in the forums

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=79400

thats everything youll ever need to know about playing ur role in pvp

I can't agree with this thread.

My sawbones felt underpowered at low levels, but as I got closer to 30, I felt more and more in control.

If you're low level, you'll struggle. If you're high level with no expertise gear against people with expertise, you'll struggle. If you're high level with expertise and struggling, the problem is likely the way you are playing.

Most people are happy to guard in PUGs. At the start of the game, ask for a guard in Ops and identify yourself as a healer. You have to bear in mind that most people won't be able to easily pick out healers because you can't look at your team's stats mid game.

I started playing the operative and the targetting does get painful at times. What I wouldn't mind seeing is having what warhammer online had, an offensive and defensive target so you could pass out a heal and switch to CCing the guy who just jumped you without losing target on the guy who needs heals.

I can't agree with this thread.

My sawbones felt underpowered at low levels, but as I got closer to 30, I felt more and more in control.

If you're low level, you'll struggle. If you're high level with no expertise gear against people with expertise, you'll struggle. If you're high level with expertise and struggling, the problem is likely the way you are playing.

Most people are happy to guard in PUGs. At the start of the game, ask for a guard in Ops and identify yourself as a healer. You have to bear in mind that most people won't be able to easily pick out healers because you can't look at your team's stats mid game.

very nice idea.

also somthing i think most people who dont use a tank dont know guard has a 15meter range so u have to stay relatively near the tank that guarded you

and yes u call out ur a healer and u want a guard every tank will fight to give it to u. u stick with them and ull go places

Yeah these players who are constantly coming to forums crying for buffs for their class should really l2p. I'm playing lvl 40+ commando at the moment and doing just fine as healer, even hybrid specced. Only thing that makes me sad is that medals are not balanced on warzones, it's kinda frustrating to pull the best out of your char to see your friend assassin with double amount of medals after match :(

Only real pvp healer at this time is Merc.healer they got all the love in plain, heal, suv., flexibility. Everything a good pvp healer need they have rest suck in real pvp scenario.

Sorc is so stationary in healing its a laugh yes they can run away and cc but you cant really heal when you run away and the hot sucks hard bouth on initial and the ticks. The hard cast is 2.5 sec and cut it to 1.5 evrry 6 sec. is not enof its way to easy to interupt.

Sounds to me like you've gotten on the bad side of us Vanguards/Guardians/Shadow Tanks. Have you even tried to understand how this game works?

Do you not realize that if a healer can mindlessly heal like they do in World of Warcraft, on TOP of the protection they can get from Tanks through Guard(-50% Damage) & Taunt(-30%) damage - this game would be unbalanced as all hells.

I really really hope some of these people complaining about how this PvP is unplayable because it is not as easy and mindless as PvP has become in World of Warcraft, actually grow a pair - try to learn how exactly this game works and attempts to master it instead of crying their hearts out.

This game is not based around 1v1, it will never be - get that through your heads. To win in PvP, you actually have to PLAY AS A TEAM, utilizing Guard, Heals & DPS in harmony - rather than trying to win a game single handedly!

I agree that the ability delay and animation delay is VERY annoying, especially for Healers in this game - but they are in fact looking into it, and before long it will be fixed - have some patience.

To those of you that quit this game due to reasons like this, all I can say is GOOD RIDDANCE. It's not like you people would have contributed to this game in any other way than you currently are - complaining about things that DOES NOT NEED TO BE ALTERED.

TL;DR lol?

Good healers (and their groups)still stand out giving that sweet 70% if their actual healing.

We love them for it,will help them do their job,and if they can't keep all of us alive thats fine.

In other news Dev team will summon pillars all around the world so any healer could LoS CC (insert Benny Hill music here) while keeping them and their group toped up,until one team runs out of Energy/Cells or die of age in boredom.

Tryed playing as Sorc Healer for a week - got bored fast. Its just not so rewarding as playing DPS specs.

Sure, you get top heals, help the team e.t.c. but in most cases it would be better to just kill the enemy`s yourself rather than to rely on you teammates you help.

Playing healer is like tedious work, its not fun - in the end someone else

gets the spoils of all your hard work. In organized PvP healers will be required, but the way PvP looks now - theres really not much point rolling one (the exception being Merc Bodyguard for hutball).

Problem with playing healer is that you concentrate entirely on healing, and have no real option for attack. Want to make it fun? Add healer specific combat tools, he only gets in such specs and available only after you healed someone successfully for amount of hp.

As it stands now - all healers job is to run around recasting shields on team mates and saving single team mates fighting 1on1 (2on2 they`ll destroy you both since you lack DPS and healing cant compensate it), while it could be more easely solved if you just went full damage.

I've never felt so useless as a healer before since I have come to ToR. I play as an Agent healer and stopped my subscription today as I feel the pvp side of this game is totaly shut down and unfun.

The problems I'm having is DPS classes about able to do double what I heal for. My main heal has a 2 second cast with a hidden 0.5 second delay as it waits for the animation to finish giving it a "clunky" feel. My hots do very little other than offer a little group sustain. The fact that anyone can use there "quick heal" ability out of combat makes healers within warzones feel even more useless.

Just wondering if anyone else feels useless as a healer?

Wow I don't know what to say aside from you're bad at healing. I can keep myself alive through 3 people , and anyone in my premade alive AT THE SAME TIME. Maybe your gear is just garbage and your probes are healing for 500 crit or something, I don't know.

But its not OP healing. OP healing is amazing.

Only real pvp healer at this time is Merc.healer they got all the love in plain, heal, suv., flexibility. Everything a good pvp healer need they have rest suck in real pvp scenario.

Sorc is so stationary in healing its a laugh yes they can run away and cc but you cant really heal when you run away and the hot sucks hard bouth on initial and the ticks. The hard cast is 2.5 sec and cut it to 1.5 evrry 6 sec. is not enof its way to easy to interupt.

Again the case of you're bad syndrome. Both sorc and agent have great survivability talents. Hell SORC can just run away while being focused down and be back ABOVE the guys that were focusing them down (huttball example) before force speed ends. Agents have a huge amount of tools at their disposal, and surgical probe can outheal 2 dps whacking on me by itself, and it costs zero energy. Maybe try not standing still against backstabbing classes and interrupt casters?

Edited by Nessirin

Healers are loved in teams, they save a lot of lives but are never rewarded enough.

I just found a perfect build with some heals and dmg, but ill need like level 40 for it.

For now on to go fully into heal or even like 75% is not worth. doing damage is much more rewarding so probably u will have to stick to it

until they fix it.. if they ever do it..

Healers are loved in teams, they save a lot of lives but are never rewarded enough.

I just found a perfect build with some heals and dmg, but ill need like level 40 for it.

For now on to go fully into heal or even like 75% is not worth. doing damage is much more rewarding so probably u will have to stick to it

until they fix it.. if they ever do it..

This I agree with. It is sad that I can keep a level 15 alive the entire match, while he's making a huge amount of mistakes, and he will get twice the medals I get (I cap at 4 medals as a healer if I don't try to get killing blows). They need to get some teamwork medals in, especially around objectives on maps besides alderaan.

But to say that its not worth it to go healer... maybe if you play solo. I much rather win every BG than try to dps and lose. Most of the time its our premade that is keeping people alive, because barely anyone else bothers to play a healer.

Edited by Nessirin

umm no they aint. here is a hint. healers heal. dps, dps and tanks tank. healing is ur job and anyone who complains that ur a healer and u aint doing damage is retarted and aint worth listening to anyway.

You are either an idiot or a troll. In TOR PvP, healers sometimes heal, often bait, cc, and sometimes dps. Tanks open/initiate, cc, guard/reduce enemy damage, manipulate position, and sometimes dps. Dps opens, baits, cc, and is primarily focused on burst dmg on focus targets. But EVERYONE should be doing damage. If you're a healer, you're going to be ten times more effective as a healer if you're contributing cc and damage onto the focus target than than if you're just attempting to healbot. This is not WoW/Rift.

you'll care when you start begging for merges cus servers are dead

next month :D

Next month? heh, I frequently see less than 5 people on planets anymore, and I have literally skipped half the flashpoints because the server is so dead. Thats probably 20 percent of the content that was skipped because of over doing the server numbers.

Am a healer in PVP, and for me t he biggest issue is that the healer has a thankless job. At the end of a round when you look at the scores you can clearly see that the healers are the lowest on medals and objective points.

Its also laughable to see everyone MVP voting for the highest DPS/Kills. Yesterday I was the only healer on Void Star, we were defending and we managed to keep the Republic from getting through even the first door. Had 258k healing yet I didnt even get one vote for MVP, had 3 healing medals and that is about it. Yet top DPS had over 10 medals.

I do love healing, I like it as it is challenging. However it is not rewarding points/medals wise.

.... Healing is fine, I have managed to stay alive in the turret defense warzone defending a point on my 50 sorc with 3 dps trying to beat me down until my tank and dps friends showed up to rip my assaulters a new one while backed by my heals.

I have also managed to defend a side in the bombing run style warzone with just a Juggernaut vs 5 people keeping the both of us alive.

How much more healing then that do you really need or want?

My scoundrel is only level 22 right now and I don't feel my DPS OR healing are lacking. If I am not being focused I can keep most people alive through 1 or 2 dps attacking them. Anymore and I simply should NOT be able to keep them alive. When I finally do get attacked, if I have one other dps with me I'm probably going to survive through a combination of CC, healing and dps. If I am alone and it's one guy beating on me, I can outdps him unless he is good, or a level 50, and lets be honest, most people are not good.

You would be surprised how far a simple interrupt can get you. People don't see it coming for whatever reason, so you just wait until they try and channel something, interrupt, shotgun to the back of the head, keep up the dps with the basic shots, keep hots on, if you get real low all of a sudden CC and heal up, then get back to killing.

Now if a good dps/ok level 50 attacks me, I'm probably going to die unless I can CC and get away. Just got my vanish though, so I'm eager to give that a shot.

One thing I would like to see is if doing any damage to a player gets you a "kill" then healing a player who gets a kill should also get me a kill (or an assist, something). I'm heal specced but I usually won't start dedicated healing until I get 75k in damage, it only takes me a few minutes to rack up 75k in healing. As a sage I definitely enjoyed PVP more when I was specced for DPS instead of pure healing though...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.